Page 34 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 34

ecks is offline Senior Member
    (Can't tell if you're a spam bot or the real deal but your post seems relevant enough so here goes!)I usually do the once a week. I figured a month away from the scale would be an appropriate thing to do though no? Use the not knowing deal as a motivator and as a way to just chill about the number. Someone let me know if I'm headed in the wrong direction.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, I feel ya on the new bonds thing. I moved all the way out here from Virginia Beach, away from my family and friends. It was hard to meet new people! You're right though, God does hear it and it seems like he's always putting people in your life at just the right time. I've been slowly forming new bonds with people in my small groups at our church here. It can be tough, but you'll get there man
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, adulthood sucks that way. I could have a job right now, probably in DC, but I wanted so much to find a job in California where I already have friends and family. I'm pretty good at making friends in new places, but I've already moved to so many places! It's emotionally exhausting to create a new social circle as an adult. It's great you met an old friend at church. I think the most organic places to make friends (or find a decent love interest) are places or events where you can regularly see people and keep up the bond. That was so easy while in school, but as an adult all of sudden it's like where do I do that? At least you've got church going for you. I've been thinking about being more active in a volunteer organization too - that might be a good place to make new friends as well.

One pound after that maple festival is no big deal! As L2F and I could tell you, when I go off and eat sugary things I can gain and lose as much as seven pounds in a week! Water weight is a crazy thing. Still nice you get to lock away the scale this month, though.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Are there any folks in your dodgeball group who could be segued into a hang-out group?
    I get the feeling from your posts that you are an outgoing guy, so this may not apply to you, but I'll share it, just in case.
    I've always been the type who hangs back, waiting for an invitation (and usually not getting too many). As I've gotten older and more confident, that is changing. One of my good friendships started because I was talking with an acquaintance who I would have liked to get to know better, and she mentioned that she and a friend had a 'writing date'. After she described it, I found the guts to admit, that's something I'd like to do, and instead of waiting for a writing date to find me, I put one together. And now I have a great friendship.
    Maybe there's some pals-to-be just waiting for someone else to pull them together.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I can tell the spam posts by a bunch of squares with red x's in them throughout spam posts. I assumed ya'all had those. So, yeah, your post is a spam according to my computer.

Hey, what happened to that cute substitute player on your dodgeball team? Can you call her? Or did you just want male friends right now? Friends will come as you relax, I think. Or you could bite the bullet, as works for Sabine. Or you could try both ways and see what happens. And then you could let others know how you did it:-)

The pound will go away! It's a temporary fat gain while your body intakes all those minerals that are in Maple Syrup!

@Alesse I hope you're right about finding good bonds at church... though a lot of the bond making/lack there of may be my own doing...

@Lex I think you get it the most... Trying to start from scratch as an adult is just too tiring... It's hard to pick which direction is best.

@Sabine That's part of the reason I joined dodgeball... Unfortunately, like myself, most of the people on the team keep a fairly busy life. How does this whole "writing date" thing work? I'm very unfamiliar with it.

@pam Not sure about her. I haven't seen her back in about a month or so. I think I have been too lax and that is the issue.

The way things are with me and I guess the way they've always been is that I make friends with everybody but bonds with very few. I've always been the guy that everyone knew, even if I didn't know them... And really the guy that everyone liked even if I didn't necessarily like them. In the past 6 months or so I've half forgotten how to be social. It's the house I live in really- 4 people including myself live there but I am the only one that uses the common area everyone is so shut out. Coming from a house where you couldn't walk in the door 40 seconds without someone calling you over this place has drained a lot out of me. It's part of the reason why I gained my last 15 or so (which came in 3 months). This place depresses the hell out of me sometimes which is why I'm out almost every chance possible. At this point as well even though I do get around socially I'm too tired of figuring out which relationships are worth perusing and which are not. I've always been the reacher in a relationship and I always get stung. Outside of a few family members I have 4 good friends but only 1 lives even remotely close. 2 are half way across the country and 1 is a 9 hour drive or so away... Where to go next is the question.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I am feeling it. Now I have a better idea of what Lex must feel about going to Seattle. Well, I hope if she goes, she can come by here (I'm on the way), and we go to Seattle a couple times a year, so I could visit her and treat her to a primal dinner. Unfortunately, I know places in Seattle but not people!

Hey, is there any way you could get out of where you live and go somewhere less depressing in the same area? I mean, that situation has got to be the pits. You need positive, friendly, vibrant people around you.

Gosh, the home environment just sort of colors everything else. Well, I'll send good thoughts toward you and hope a new place just jumps out at you. They do, you know! I've seen it happen.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    ((eks)) If I lived close by I would love to be your friend!! We moved here about 1.5 year ago and it was slow to meet people, but I joined some free social groups through meet-up and have a small handful of great friends that I can hike with, go to comedy clubs with, dinner together,etc. It was slow and it is harder for adults! I remember making friends so easy when I was younger! I will send very positive thoughts and prayers your way about that and your living situation!!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    I've lived in houses like that. These days, you start your life finding a room on Craigslist in a house of generally cool people. I did that when I was at Berkeley and everybody was really cool and we'd end up catching up sometimes but were never really even solid friends.

How long have you lived where you live? It takes time to find people you want to hang with consistently. I've lived in a lot of places and sometimes I feel like I was just on the edge of finding that group of friends to hang out with as I was leaving, which made the change bittersweet. I met one of my best friends in Orange County, California but we really only ended up being solid friends after I was at my job there for six months. Just keep on getting to know people you like already in your life, or find different activities that open you up to meeting new people consistently. Don't blame yourself if it takes a while.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @Pam - My next move will be into my own house. Funny thing is that there is a house that I pass every time I go for a walk that I look at and dream of living in- it just went for sale 2 days ago and I don't have money for a down payment on it yet... sweet sweet torture!!

@longing2bfit Thanks for the prayers! I really need them. It's been awesome how God's been working in my week already even though it's just started. Glad to have friends like you guys to back me up too!

@lex I've been in this house for 6 months so far... still have 6 left in my lease... As far as activities I've got dodgeball and 2 separate church groups that I go to right now- part of the issue is also convincing myself that It's worth trying to invest in relationships again.

Food

Breakfast and Lunch were IF though I did take my regular supplements- the idea was that after such a screwey weekend I would clear out the system then load up on protein.

Dinner- Steak, 2 small chicken thighs, 2 large hard boiled eggs, 1 piece lindt 90, 1 piece lindt 99, 1 piece camino 55

Interesting night... Was supposed to meet up with an old friend (shannon) from highschool. That fell through the floor quickly (kinda put me in a "why bother" mood...). On the flip side one of my best friends is in town (the one that lives 9 hours away). I took tomorrow and the day after to hang with him but we ended up hanging out tonight as well. It was a nice pick me up since the thing with shannon fell through.

Just chatting with Kaitie right now on facebook. She's another really close friend (one that lives in Winnipeg). Getting excited to see her this summer. She'll be home from school for 3 months or so which will be nice. We've gotten into some pretty crazy things together and it'll be nice having a good fulltime friend around in the summer.

Exercise today- Kind of an after thought but 30 pushups...