Page 31 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 31

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sometimes when I have a headache that just won't go away, I don't care if I cave. Tylenol happens my man.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    I can't remember the last time I took meds for anything. Really if I didn't have dodgeball tonight I think I would have not taken anything. But instead I took them... I dunno I feel cheated- I put chemicals in my body that promised to make me feel better and they did nothing. I've always been anti med- I hate the idea of pills. I grew up with a mom who is a pharmacy technician so everything growing up could be fixed by a pill. I hate that I gave in. And her theory was wrong- meds don't fix anything unless you placebo yourself into thinking they will. Probably why the 5 tylynol I took didn't do anything- I didn't think they would.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Just popping in to say hi . Your journal is next on my 'to-read' list, but don't have time right now to read it from the beginning.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    I can't remember the last time I took meds for anything. Really if I didn't have dodgeball tonight I think I would have not taken anything. But instead I took them... I dunno I feel cheated- I put chemicals in my body that promised to make me feel better and they did nothing. I've always been anti med- I hate the idea of pills. I grew up with a mom who is a pharmacy technician so everything growing up could be fixed by a pill. I hate that I gave in. And her theory was wrong- meds don't fix anything unless you placebo yourself into thinking they will. Probably why the 5 tylynol I took didn't do anything- I didn't think they would.
    My mom isn't a pharm tech, but she could have been with all the stuff she's taken in her life. Oh no, I completely understand where you're coming from with feeling like you cheated. I take them with the headaches because I'm like a big huge baby about headaches. They get so bad sometimes that I want to cry. While I don't get them very often to begin with, I haven't really had any lately that have made me feel that way. If they don't work, I'd say find another way to get through it.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Was the dodgeball worth it? If yes, good for pushing through. If no, think about listening to your body when it is tuckered out/hurt.
    I know you love playing, so if it was the physical equivalent of 'a piece of chocolate cake because it just tastes go good, darn it, and I'm going for it', that's cool. But if it was like the 'office birthday party for Bob, who you hardly ever talk to but now you MUST have a piece of cake to celebrate his 47th', well, think again, Ecks.
    Just as we shouldn't over-feed, we shouldn't over-work.

Dodgeball was definitely worth it. Puking this morning... not so much. Who has two thumbs and stayed home from work sick today *points at self with thumbs* this guy!... wasn't pretty but now I know. If I'm going to play dodgy with a messed up ankle I do it drug free. Not like the meds worked anyways and even if they did they only tell my brain to ignore the pain and don't actually make the ankle heal faster.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    oh gosh ecks...I hope you get back to feeling good soon!!! Pamper yourself today & get some rest!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Go easy on the ankle and take care of yourself!

The ankle will never get better. Injury when I was 9 plus crappy doctor ='s bad situation. It never healed right and has always been a pain point. If I do too much on it, even walking, I find myself unable to put ANY weight on it the next morning. I broke the tibia and fibula in the same leg 3 years after my ankle and they never gave me any issues... something I've come to terms with but I'm really hoping that less weight will at least be easier on my ankle. Still... I knew taking meds for it was a bad idea and I did it. Feeling much better now though with some ginger/mint tea in me (ginger and loose leaf mint in a mug.. tastes awful near the end but damn if it didn't give me the energy and relief my body needed)

Ginger/mint is really good for your stomach . Sorry to read about the ankle problems (my DH has an issue with his too, he had a motorcycle accident when he was 25 and doctor says it's not going to heal; the cartilage is really bad. He has some relief though taking glucosamine sulfate supplement).

And about the meds, don't we all do things we know aren't good for us? It's a lesson learned again and you'll think twice next time .