Page 29 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 29

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    @PrimalCajun Thanks!! The big goal this week as well is to not let the sugary goodness get the best of me. I'm going to be packing meat snacks so that I have good protien to eat along side the sugar (and hopefully balance things out)

@Alesse (That's sticking now by the way !! ). How can you get somewhere if you don't know how far you want to go? Maybe instead of setting a date set a goal and actively work towards it. For some of us here it's been weight, others has been amount of sleep, and others yet have gone with the immeasurable goal of better stress management. Goals help keep motivation and posting publicly helps you stay accountable. Today I celebrated the joy of still being 100lbs over weight. Our achievements may not be pretty but they still need to be something you can reach out for.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I just worry too much if I set goals. Like I need to not stress myself out so much over them if they don't go the way I don't want them to.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, this is wonderful! Congratulations!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Hey, ecksthethinman --

Love the toes' picture.

Love the April goals too. Best part is that I'm obviously not going to make March's goals, and I was stressing. Now, I can let that go.

Nothing like getting rid of one goal so you can add another one. I think it was longing2bfit that said fasting is easier than giving up stress.

I tried sweetbreads for the first time tonight. Sauteed them in Kerrygold unsalted butter with Himalyan salt and black pepper. I think I live them. They have a bit of a liver taste!

Have you ever had them?

Later, Thinman. Yep. Feeling very good about your weight:-)

I've had stomach before if that falls under "sweetbreads". Honestly had to look it up because I'm not familiar with the term. I haven't fully set April's goals yet. I usually set the weight goal on the first Sunday of the month along with measurements. That way I work consistently on a 4 week basis that feels more organized. Next sunday is the big measure/goal setting day but I do like that I have an achievable and yet distinctly significant set of goals laid for the rest of the year though!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Stomach is different. It's tripe and used for menudo (which is non-primal, Mexican, posole, chile, fantastic weekend food). Shouldn't talk about menudo:-) Tripe is whitish. Sweetbreads looked kind of like brains to me tonight. They were good -- different -- rich.

Maybe I should try to set up a whole month goal and make it simpler. I can overwhem myself quite quickly as my brain finds it funny to set more goals than humanly possible and then laugh at me when it's too much. One goal or two or three for one whole month. Hey! I just might try that!

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    I've had stomach before if that falls under "sweetbreads". Honestly had to look it up because I'm not familiar with the term. I haven't fully set April's goals yet. I usually set the weight goal on the first Sunday of the month along with measurements. That way I work consistently on a 4 week basis that feels more organized. Next sunday is the big measure/goal setting day but I do like that I have an achievable and yet distinctly significant set of goals laid for the rest of the year though!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    when I was in sales many moons ago, we were taught that our goals were not written in stone. You write them in pencil so you can adjust them. Goals are just something to strive for...they are not iron clad commitments. They should be attainable...with a stretch...& should be realistic. Sure I'd like to lose 20 pounds next month, but that's not reasonable & would only set me up to fail.

Remember to K I S S....keep it simple sweetie.

night all....

PS: gag on all the talk of sweet breads & stomach et.al....yuk!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm. I loved sweetbreads when I tried them a bit ago. Need to have them again. If only they came in smaller packages. There is no way my family is up for a soccer ball's worth of sweetbreads yet.

K.I.S.S. comes out a very different way in my world. "Keep it simple and stupid". AKA if you don't have to think about it, don't make it so you do- learned from my high school engineering teacher and still use it now.

Yesterday

Breakfast- IF (I never have time before morning church)

Lunch- 1 porkchop, 1 egg cup, 1 slice side bacon, 3 slices back bacon

Dinner- Butter and garlic stuffed pork chop, asparagus.

Normally I make sunday a day of rest but I really wanted to get out so I walked to my young adults church group and home again. 7.4KM (Just over 4.5 miles).

Between my air squats Saturday and my walk last night my legs are DONE today. Had the hardest time getting out of bed!

Breakfast- coconut milk shake, 3 slices of side bacon, 2000mg of Salmon Oil, 6000ui D3

Lunch (Packed)- Butter stuffed pork chop, 2 egg cups, 2 cups mixed carrots and red peppers

Dinner (Planned)- couple bunless burgers (might use portabellos for buns?) and a big salad

So even though my legs feel like ass today I am starting to see some muscle definition under my thunder thighs. One good step at a time but at least I can start to see a bit of a difference.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    lol ecks...well we used to use "stupid" too...but I have also heard "sweetie" used & thought that sounded nicer!!

wow what a walk!!! that's awesome! I was tired just reading about it!!

have a wonderful day!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!