Page 28 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 28

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Woot! Happy fiftieth-pound-burned-off day! Yeah, I'd say you deserve a little Maple Festival. Just work out before you go and do plenty of walking. I find that keeps me on an even keel if I do eat something sugary. Btw, I loooove maple candy - the maple leaves - so much. One of my dream vacations is to go somewhere during the maple syrup draining season. I don't care how touristy it is! I want a horse-drawn sleigh and a Little-House-in-the-Big-Woods maple syrup adventure!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Woot! Happy fiftieth-pound-burned-off day! Yeah, I'd say you deserve a little Maple Festival. Just work out before you go and do plenty of walking. I find that keeps me on an even keel if I do eat something sugary. Btw, I loooove maple candy - the maple leaves - so much. One of my dream vacations is to go somewhere during the maple syrup draining season. I don't care how touristy it is! I want a horse-drawn sleigh and a Little-House-in-the-Big-Woods maple syrup adventure!
    That sounds like fun!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    @Allessandra
    The pain of the airsquats is both my fall and my victory. I love being able to not move for the next few days- true story.
    The accountability thing will come in time. It really comes down to humbling yourself. I've been posting accomplishments here to the people struggling as well as publicly on facebook-- Including that photo of the scale.
    Remember that you can ALWAYS share with us. We all come here for the comfort of finding people who are struggling as we have. Besides! The goal thing is fun! I try not to give myself hard dates and If I do I give myself plenty of time to get there.

@Lex
    Maple is the best! We always walk a ton at the festival. It's located over a 2km or so stretch of elmira's downtown strip and we usually walk around it at least 2 times. So excited for pancakes and maple taffee! I don't want to feel like I had to "earn" it. I think this is one of those times when a planned treat is just in order. Been looking forward to this for about a month now!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Thanks man I'm not giving myself dates online, but they're in my head. I need to make them go away before I become obsessed!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

And I think, I agree about the humbling myself thing. I know we all slip up cause we're all human. I really do enjoy reading that other's are getting there too.

Allesse! (Does anyone call you that?? Can I?)

Sometimes there's nothing more liberating than exposing yourself to everyone around you (**ahem** phrasing!)

You know what I mean though. People can't support you if you are struggling by yourself. We all set outlandish goals in short time to start. Heck! I had an amazing first month so I set my goals just as high for the second month and failed miserably. I've gotten myself into the habit of setting goals that I know I will likely fall just short of- makes the perfect combination of a reason to push forward and a way to settle with what I got if I do fall short. Nothing overly outlandish. I think I gave myself a 7 and a half pound goal this month. Pound over the 6 and a half that I did last month. Slow and steady.

Lucky for you you don't have much to lose.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Just popping in to offer congrats and tell you how inspiring you are and I love your committment to you and your helpfulness to others that I have noticed. Very motivational all around. Thanks!!

longing2bfit! I've gotta say I've gotta thank you for popping by and being encouraging!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    oh ecks!!! this has just made my day!!! I'm doing the happy dance for you!!! That is just awesome! Damn!! 50 pounds gone forever!!! 5-0!!!!!!!!!! You should be soooo proud of yourself! Enjoy yourself at the Maple Festival! Its something you always go to & this year you will be going without 50 extra pounds of fat to lug around!! Celebrate the maple sugary awesomeness!!!

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Ecks, I can go with that name It's usually just Ali for short, but that works too. Honestly, I hate setting goals because I hate falling short. So, it's usually easier to just go with it and see what happens.