Page 26 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 26

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mmmmm, bacon..... Egg cups are pretty yummy
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Love the visual of your touching the bottom of the pool with your head out of the water!

We're all swimmers in my family -- my dad worked with two women who swam the English Channel. But my youngest son will not put his head in the water. Pretty funny! I guess the back stroke would work best for you.

Hey, how are you in the shower?

Are you okay in boats? My dad went around the world in a 40 foot sailboat (later owned by Guy Williams -- Zorro -- my hero). Almost starved once on the boat and just had canned peaches/apricots. Wouldn't eat whichever one it was ever again.

ecks has given us another marvelous recipe. I think a book of his recipes would be a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    wow ecks...that's impressive! especially to someone like me who has tried to learn to swim but can't get over her fear of going straight to the bottom!! I have to be able to touch the bottom...with my head out of the water! or I panic. I must've drowned in another life or something!!

I saw a recipe for egg cups in Mark's cookbook...they looked good! Is that the recipe you used?
    have a great evening!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-23-2012 at 08:06 AM.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Very simple blog post today.

Glad the work week is over. This week was a very stressful week not in a sense of urgency but in a sense that there was more work than time this week. Found myself in a position where I just couldn't keep up. Glad the department is growing but we need to organize new business models soon.

Crashed after work and I think I'm gonna take the night off from exercise.

I fasted for the day today. Wanted to see what the hype was. Might try it once a week for a few and see if it holds any benefit for me. Doing the full 36 hour fast. I last ate at 7pm last night and will be having breakfast after 7am tomorrow.

6000UI D3
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    ecks...I'll be anxious to hear how it worked for you. I fasted yesterday & lost about .2!! Not worth the effort I don't think. Did another fast the beginning of the week & no change there. So I'm not sure it works for me.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend after the week you've had!! You deserve it!!
    have a good night!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    I try to IF on the weekends, which usually works out nicely because I don't have a schedule like I do at work for my breaks. Also, not usually hungry on Saturday mornings.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Yep, can't wait to hear how fasting works for you. Doesn't seem your style:-) You never know, you could come up with some of your greatest recipes while fasting!

Thanks for your very right on comments about my eating issues. You got it exactly right, and I'm working on it. May have to start over somehow.

Have a fantastically primal weekend!

I feel like I wasted the day... Terrible thing is is that I spent the majority of it at my parents place and that's what made it feel like a waste. Is that bad? Most likely... Oh well

Yesterday's fast went well... I think. The one day I chose to do a fast is the day that the team orders pizza. Come 3 o'clock the leftovers sitting my my desk almost started to look like food. Didn't touch it though. The day was otherwise easy day. Did just over 36 hours which is why I waited for today to post. Finished eating thursday at 8ish and had breakfast at about 9:45 this morning. Didn't actually feel hungry this morning until about 3 bites into breakfast. I don't like doing groceries on an empty stomach though so I figured that was a good reason/excuse to get some food in me.

Breakfast- 1 pork chop, 1 egg cup, 1 piece of dark chocolate, 2x Salmon oil caps, 6000UI D3

Lunch 2 egg cups

Dinner - 2 large salads (guess I was feelin hungry at the end of the day) and 1 piece of dark chocolate

Airsquats for time tonight before bed... I'm regretting even just typing this... but now I have to be committed to them.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

100 squats in 5:51...

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    glad to hear your fast went well! I hope it gives you some good results! And great job on avoiding the pizza!!

Have a good night & a good day tomorrow!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    So do you mean you just set the clock for five minutes and do as many squats as you can? You don't just count?
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods