Page 24 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 24

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I live down the road from Farm Country so there is always grassfed steak around here! I probably go through 2-3lbs of it a week!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    wow you are so lucky ecks!!! believe it or not down here in Texas grass fed beef is hard to come by unless you live closer to a big city...which I don't. Our regional supermarket has grassfed grnd meat...for 6.50 a pound. I have purchased some but think I will start buying a bit more. I am currently looking for a place to buy grassfed beef from directly, that I won't have to drive very far to pick up. With gas prices the way they are & going up all the time I won't save anything if I have to drive very far! I really really want to find grassfed...especially with all the crap about pink slime lately! I would like to raise our own, but it took me a year to convince hubby I wanted chickens & he's already said NO to a couple of cows. *sigh*
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I was surprised by the lack of grass fed beef here. However, 3H All Natural, out of Clarendon, sells their meat at a store here in Amarillo. It's so good. The beef bacon is AWESOME!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Hey Alessandra!! That's awesome you can get grassfed locally! Its got to be so much better than the other stuff! Never had beef bacon! Sounds great!

I'm lucky Grass fed beef is so close because gas here is 5.24/gallon right now... doesn't stop me from driving but damn does it stil suck to fill 'er up!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Hmmm, beef bacon. I might just drop by 3H to pick some up. It seems a bit more expensive, but now that I think about it, the one package of it lasted longer than my package of Applegate Farms bacon does. The leftover grease is great to cook with.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primalcajun -- Hey, don't you have lots of acres? One steer would fit! Just be careful about naming it:-) Hey, try the economic / health angle! You do have some grass, right:-) A grass fed steer. Water and a good salt lick are cheap. Home raised meat is soooooo good! ecks and all of us would drool!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    wow you are so lucky ecks!!! believe it or not down here in Texas grass fed beef is hard to come by unless you live closer to a big city...which I don't. Our regional supermarket has grassfed grnd meat...for 6.50 a pound. I have purchased some but think I will start buying a bit more. I am currently looking for a place to buy grassfed beef from directly, that I won't have to drive very far to pick up. With gas prices the way they are & going up all the time I won't save anything if I have to drive very far! I really really want to find grassfed...especially with all the crap about pink slime lately! I would like to raise our own, but it took me a year to convince hubby I wanted chickens & he's already said NO to a couple of cows. *sigh*
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-22-2012 at 07:54 AM.

yes...we have a few acres & BIL has the 50 acres we are surrounded by. BIL has quite a number of cows...but if we bought one from them it would run us about $600-800 (if not more...depends on the going price at the ring). Then it costs about $300 to have it processed. So we wouldn't be saving anything. Plus we would have to build fences...just can't do it all financially.

Now next year my mom is going to have one of hers butchered & she's already said she will split the meat with me & my brother, so will get a little then. But that's then...I would like to minimize store bought meat now. I will continue to search for a ranch in my area that might have meat reasonable. I think I may have found one that charges $4.60 a pound cut & wrapped...but they won't have anything available till mid summer. I'm going to check them out further.

Sorry ecks...didn't mean to hijack your journal!! lol

What part of Texas are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post

Sorry ecks...didn't mean to hijack your journal!! lol
    Hijack away! Always love having a good conversation no matter where it is!