Page 22 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 22

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Thanks I want to try it with my truck, I've just got to find the right spot. There's a path that runners use that isn't too far from my place, but I don't know how much they'd appreciate me hogging it up! Oh, I'm so far from that beach in those pictures. It's days like today that I get sad when I realize I can't just hop in the truck and drive down to the beach and spend the whole day there. I'm from Virginia Beach, VA. I moved to Texas for my job. Man, I should have checked out the map of this area before I made that move! It's about 1 1/2 days drive to get to the closest beach, roughly. For now, I settle for one of the three pools our apt complex has when they are open.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    It's interesting living in a university city. St. Patrick's day is a big thing around here because... well students love a reason to get drunk. I left for the market at 11am and the bars/patios were PACKED as I drove up king street. May as well have been a green Halloween because people were dressed up in the most ridiculous lookin cloths.

Late Breakfast/Early Lunch- 3 eggs, 2 small pieces of steak, 2 slices of bacon, 1 square lindt 90, 2000mg salmon oil, 6000ui D3

Dinner (if you can call it that)- 7 strawberries, 1 piece llndt 90

Avoided full on birthday cake at church this eve (i mean like hardcore birthday cake) and avoided pizza and booze at the st. patty's day party I went to. I was hungry tonight but figured it safer to just abstain from eating crap
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I think 7 strawberries and your piece of Lindt might be "IFing with a side of sweet."

People look funny all dressed in some weird green thing. It never seems to connect -- just looks dumpy! But it's cute (maybe).

It seems to get easier and easier to IF when the choices aren't primal or primal-like. I found out I really like grass fed corned beef, so now I have two meats that really work (chopped chicken liver being the other). Oh, three -- oxtails. I guess there is some hope for me!

So late post again! I'm just always so freakin busy but here goes my interesting day.

First off... the weighin, gotta love weighin day! (Well at least I've been enjoying them lately) 286.6 down to 284.8! Less than 2lbs til the 50lbs off mark. Woo!

Now here comes the shitty part of the day... Pun fully intended. The only food in my diet this weekend that has been "off" or out of place was the food I ate at my cousins birthday party Friday night. This would also include that small piece of cake that would follow Coptic Orthodox laws on fasting. Well today that chocolate cake turned into (and I love being graphic so don't mind me for a second...) ... chocolate rain. It wasn't pretty either... Not proud of it or anything. But it was a reminder of what happens when you replace food with food impostors like wheat and vegetable oil. Learned my lesson...

Breakfast/Lunch - 2 eggs, 4 slices back bacon, 1/2 rack ribs, 1 tomato, 2 cups of mixed blackberries, strawberries, blue berries, rasp berries, black currents and a half banana. 1 piece of lindt 90. Part of the listed ingredients were used to make some wicked awesome sammitches! Photo of the greatness below

Dinner (Post plumbing issues)- 5 pickles, 1 piece of lindt 90

I figured pickles as a fermented food would help with the generation of some positive gut flora/probiotics so far my tummy has been much happier!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Only on primal could 5 pickles and a piece of chocolate be dinner! Lunch looks yummy.

That is Great about your weight. 50 pounds! Dang. That is impressive. You just seemed to get the hang of everything so well and so quickly. Bet your sister is proud of you as well.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Ooo, ox tails. That's a good one
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

So I decided to wear a 2x to work today. Feels weird but feels better than last week. I'm going to see if I can get most days this week wearing a 2x (still need to shop for some newer cloths... these are all 4 year old shirts)

That doesn't look too bad for dinner. Hmm mm, it's lamb burger night at our house. Yum, lamb. Crap, I might need to run to the store for mint jelly. Oh wait, can't do mint jelly. Any suggestions on veggies anyone?
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Grill a couple portabelo mushrooms and use them as buns! (I just picked some up so I could do the same.) If you're missin mint jelly try pickup fresh mint and sautee it with some butter and fresh spinach.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ohh, the spinach idea sounds good. Ya know, I didn't really grow up liking my burgers with buns, so not having them now is okay with me. I don't have any fresh mint, for now. I will soon, like this weekend after I hit up the greenhouse.