Page 21 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 21

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    @Tricia Oooo! Primal and a Gamer! *Be still my heart* hahaha. Glad you read through my journal! And I see nothing unprimal about gaming for 12 hours while sick. Your brain demands a lot of energy and if you are physically unwell to get up and get some exercise I see nothing wrong with staying mentally active for the day! I was told by my friends that If I want to play Skyrim that I have to get it on PC and not on PS3. Apparently pc is the only way to play it (though for some reason they use console controllers when they play on PC so besides the hacks which I don't regularly do I don't see the big deal). So excited to get started on uncharted 2. I've got 2 chapters left in Uncharted 1.

Sorry for the late food blog! food for yesterday...

Breakfast- 4 slices of bacon, coconut shake

Lunch- Bacon wrapped/pepper stuffed chicken thigh, about 1 cup of zuchinni spaghetti.

Dinner- Small steak, 1.5 home made turkey burgers (just the patty), Big ass salad. 2 pieces of lindt 90%

So I've never really mentioned it but I take 6000 UI of D3 and 2000mg of salmon oil ever day with breakfast. I need to remember to post that when i post my meals.

That darn Zuchinni spagheetti! There's almost no good way of making a singles portion but when I make it I'm stuck eating it for the next couple days. I gotta figure out a good system around that.

Food blog for today!

Breakfast- 1/2 a home made turkey burger. Regular coconut shake (become accustomed to having frozen banana in there instead of ice... just blends better)

Lunch- Medium steak, veggies

Dinner- Ribs (hopefully they are thawed by the time I get home

Workout- Planning on a car pull. Supposed to thunderstorm tonight so I hope my sis doesn't whuss out of steering for me
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure your sister won't whuss out. She'll be in the nice dry car taking pictures of her crazy brother in the storm:-)

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I forgot: I also just picked up some of that Lindt 99% chocolate at the supermarket. I was reading your journal thinking "they have 99% dark chocolate???" and as it turns out, it not only exists but I can get it
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

My sis would whuss out... lol hopefully she doesn't though because if she does then my backup workout is 100ASFQ which i havn't done in 2 weeks... It's a quickie that kills for days after!

Tricia! Love that you found the 99% dark chocolate. I'd almost advise working you way up to it though. (I think the package actually instructs the same it has a very strong flavour that may come off as harsh if you're coming from an 85% bar or lower (though I personally love it). Lindt is probably my fave brand of chocolate when it comes to dark and the 99% has the lowest sugar content of any bar I've ever had (2 grams for the entire bar.) Delicious!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Hopefully your sister didn't whuss out!

I watched that video you recommended on exercise. Excellent!

BTW, there is nothing like a BAS!

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Did the car pull happen?! That sounds like fun to me
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Hi all!! Sorry to have disappeared been a busy last few days so I'm just going to touch on the basics to "catch me up"

So yes! Car pull happened again! With a slightly further push/pull than last time! For those just starting from here essentially the car pull happens down what I measured (twice) to be a 114 metre lane (yes "RE" at the end of an already canadian way to measure is the proper canadian spelling!). Once getting to the end of the lane I pull off the towing strap, lay it on the hood, then start pushing the car in reverse- All while I hopefully have someone to keep the car straight because any imperfections in the parking log make the car roll in that direction. So last work was 3 pulls and 3 pushes which works out to 684 metres or 748 yards for my american friends! I want to work my way up to 1km if I can soon though.

So here's the other big mentionable of the last 2 days. Last night was my cousin's birthday party and being the fasting Coptic Orthodox guy that he is dinner ended up being at a vegan restaurant. When I say fasting I mean the obtaining from animal food fasting not the not eating for a meal fasting. They consider themselves to be very healthy restaurant with their soy, and their tofu, and their fake meat. Actual review on their review card "I couldn't tell it wasn't meat!" if you're that excited about meat I say bite into the side of a cow! What's a grok to do? Well the only thing on the menu that came remotely close was Enoki Mushroom Balls wrapped in seaweed. They were fried in vegtable oil... not a fan of that but at least it came with a side of steamed bok choy.

After dinner we all went over to a friends house for games and dun dun dun... Chocolate Birthday cake. There was a "regular" cake and a "fasting cake" (cake with no eggs or cream which means no ridiculous amounts of sugar) being a birthday party I didn't want to be a jerk so I had a very small piece of the fasting cake. I figured at least it's low chemical. It tasted how I remember cake tastes and this is my first wheat since December. No bad reaction but it didn't trigger any amount of pleasure that used to be associated with wheat. Made me want a piece of my lindt dark chocolate if anything to fill what I was supposed to be tasting. Glad I'm at least over wheat completely. Not a single craving was had after and I feel ok now (though there was some slight discomfort after)

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    YES! So the car pulled happened. I remember watching some units at Ft. Campbell doing Humvee pulls from time to time as their PT. I was SO jealous of those guys. That looked like more fun than running 4 miles through Cav country and that killer of a hill that I could never bring myself to walk up, but always wondered what would happen if I did decide to quit running.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

You've gotta try it! It's so much fun! I've got my sister debating actually joining me! I think I'll talk her into it sooner rather than later. I just swung by your journal! You are absolutely adorable! I'm not sure how close you are to the beach but either way I'm extremely jealous! I love going to the beach but I only make it maybe 2-3 times a year at best

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I'm not going to pull my old Volvo station wagon around (especially since Ruby has only had her learner's for about three days and would be steering -- she does know where the gas pedal and brake pedal are, but....), however, I can now do 50 wall push ups without dying, 40 squats, and a plank for the count of 21 (that's counting fast!). I can hang from the pull up bar without falling for -- hmmm! -- 10 fast seconds! You can see why I don't post my exercise! Got to get a daytime video of you pulling car:-) I knew your sister wouldn't whuss out:-)