Page 20 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 20

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yep, I'm in agreement with Lex and Sabine. You need to buy some new clothes. Two pair of pants that fit and maybe 3 shirts. How about 3X as a sort of compromise. And get something besides black -- maybe brown or dark purple or ...! You don't need to hide anymore. You are doing better than almost everyone on the forum! All the ladies give you A+ -- Analog6, Sabine, Lex26, primalcajun, me, etc. etc. Keep it up. You could get a belt too -- and watch it shrink:-)
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-13-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    How about putting one on every morning for a few minutes before you go out? Look at yourself in the mirror, strike a few poses, and start getting used to them. Then back into the 4Xs for peace of mind, until 2X feels okay.
    And...you may be kidding yourself about the 'looking like you've made progress' thing. It FEELS like you've made progress, but to others, it may just LOOK sloppy. I get the most 'have you lost weight's when I wear something tighter, not when I am swimming in my clothes.
    Although, I find that to be a perfectly reasonable technique. Sometimes, we are just not ready for people to notice - our weight loss, or us. Then one day, bam! the big reveal.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Oh people have noticed. People can't not notice and I get complements all the time... But that's beside the point I guess. And guys dont strike a pose infront of the mirror while they change. At best I will look at myself as I pass the mirror outside of my bedroom on the way to the kitchen.

Food for yesterday

Breakfast- Small piece of steak, 2 slices of bacon, coconut milkshake with mixed strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and cocoa

Lunch- Medium sized piece of steak, 2 cups mixed green peppers baby carrots

Dinner- Medium sized steak, zuchinni speghetti with ground turkey, white onion, green onion, garlic, mushrooms, jalapenos. Big ass salad, 2 pieces of lindt 90

So yeah I went on a bit of a steak bender yesterday. Love me some good steak!

Excercise- 40 pushups

So when I picked up uncharted last week I had already made it about 2/3rds though the game and right now I'm about the last 3rd through the game. So far it's been open jungles, worn down castles, big open spaces, and cliff jumping- all of the enemies in the game have been human with fairly standard array of guns. Well now in the last part of the game I'm running into enemies which I can only describe as Grok in his purest form. Extremely strong, extremely primal humans that walk on feet and hands and hunt in groups. They appear to be guarding the native treasure of eldorado and are absolutely freaky! Oh did I mention that the game is pitch black right now outside of a flashlight? I had to turn it off last night 30 mins before bed so I would actually be able to sleep. love it!

Today

Breakfast- 4 slices of bacon. Coconut shake with 1cup blackberries, cocoa, 1/2 banana

Lunch- Zuchinni speghetti, pork chop

Dinner-TBD

Excercise- hopefully a car pull again. the weather is finally dry after weeks of snow and rain
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

So awesome night tonight! Just to quickly wrap up my last post dinner ended up being 1 chicken thigh stuffed with tomato and green chili pepper puree and julienned red peppers all wrapped in bacon.

So the cool part about the night- Well I got to share more of what I do with my big sis. She finally got to try food that I've been making (and was in absolute awe of it's awesomeness!) as well as she got to help me with a workout!

Tonight's workout was a car pull/push, with my sis at the steering wheel and my niece in the front passenger seat to cheer me on! It only took about 20 mins or so before I was spent. Approx 228m pull and another 228m or so push.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    It's so relieving to find support in your real life, right? Sometimes it's not perfect support because people still want to plug CW on you. I still try to speak as little about my weight loss plan as I can to most people.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    It's so relieving to find support in your real life, right? Sometimes it's not perfect support because people still want to plug CW on you. I still try to speak as little about my weight loss plan as I can to most people.
    My sis has been good. I've been lucky because she doesn't interject and she can tell that I'm doing what's best for me. She called the bacon wrapped chicken a heart attack when I set it in front of her then looked at me funny for a second when I told her that that's how I've been losing. I think she was even more surprised when she got through 1/3rd of it and 2 asparagus stems and was full!

And what better way to tease a progress photo...

photo.jpg

Taken by my sis (who was steering the car) as I did my pull last night.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I love the action photo. Pulling a car is just so cool.
    Hey, I want to know if you've ordered a Grok On! T, now that you are down to 2X.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Great photo:-) Definitely a teaser. Passersby and neighbors must think you've totally lost it:-) Little do they know!

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    Hey Ecks,
    finally gotten al the way through your journal! I love how consistently positive you are, it's an inspiration! So are the meals you describe/picture. I'm always running out of inspiration for food...
    Funny thing: you are 'trying to get back into games'? I'm always trying to get myself out of them, lol! (and I'm a girl!) I guess I'm just one of those people who can turn anything into an addiction. Currently, I am 'coming off' Skyrim on the PS3: haven't played in over a week because every time I do I get sucked in and don't want to come out - my current record is 12 noon tot 12 midnight a few weeks ago when I was ill. So not primal
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.