Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 2

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
    Just wanted to say that I had the same problem with 70kilos that you have with 300lbs (always those round numbers...). All you can do is hang in there and not get stressed out over it. Good point with the scale I'm trying to do the same but sometimes I just can't keep myself from stepping on earlier.
    lg Nina
    Try getting the scale out of the bathroom or wherever you normally weigh yourself (I'm assuming bathroom because I weigh myself naked and the bathroom has a sturdy tile floor). I've put the scale in the hallway closet on a shelf off the floor so I have to think about pulling it out if I'm going to use it. Since putting it away, I sleep better, poop better, and am less stressed which should hopefully add up to good numbers.

Abtacha is offline Junior Member
    Now that you mentioned the pooping issue I think I might follow your advice...
    lg Nina

Swimming was awesome last night! 528m swam (24 laps x 22m) + 29 minutes of treading water (approx 70 secs of active rest treading between each width of the pool ([70x24]/60) + 1 min left on the clock to burn so I spent it treading)

Breakfast- 2 slices of bacon (all natural of course), turnip hash, 1 egg + mushroom omelet.

Lunch- Steak and big salad

Snack- 1/3 cup almond and macadamia mix, 3/4 cup berries, celery

Supper- Steak and salad again I'm good with 2 meals in a row. (and I love the prevalent availability of organic steak at my butchers!)
    Last edited by ecks; 01-14-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Oh! And I had a huge realisation yesterday! The stairs at work, the ones that made me huff and puff not even a month ago... I'm running up them now almost effortlessly. I had started running up them when I was huffing and puffing because I wanted to get them done and over with (and my legs could barely work by the time I got up to the top) and now I feel great when I get to the top!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Woohoo! Keep it up! By the way, you piqued my weight curiosity too much so I decided to check it today. I haven't lost that much since Jan. 1, but it's still a big deal because for the first time in a decade, I weigh less than 200 pounds! Woooooot, 197!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Woohoo! Keep it up! By the way, you piqued my weight curiosity too much so I decided to check it today. I haven't lost that much since Jan. 1, but it's still a big deal because for the first time in a decade, I weigh less than 200 pounds! Woooooot, 197!
    Congrats Lex!! That's awesome!

I've got my weighin sunday. I would love to see under 300. Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    You've gotta post that to your primal journal! It still says you're 200. 197 is a milestone to be celebrated!!

Today I buttoned up a shirt that I grew out of 2 years ago. I tried it 2 weeks ago and couldn't but today every button went up without any stress. It JUST fits but the point is that it fits and that it WILL be a part of my wardrobe by Feb 5th with my 290LB goal. I also did my first IF today. Stopped eating last night at about 9 and didn't eat lunch until 12 today. It was almost effortless. I think the only moment of "weakness" was standing in line at the fresh produce store (mainly fresh produce but they do have a bit of other crap that I don't need in me) only because they have samples out of all of their chips. I stared at the bowls while waiting in line and almost caught myself reaching for some "just to try" a couple times. I was good though! I didn't eat any! Even after my IF I wasn't feeling very hungry so I had a milkshake for lunch.

Lunch- Milkshake with organic coconut milk, organic whole milk, cinnimon, 1 banana, some blackberries, 2TBSP of plain Coco (no sugar or crap added), and ice. and about 3OZ of left over steak from last nights dinner.

I ended up not eating much in the evening. A friend was over and I *ghasp* had some popcorn. Back to normal food tomorrow.
    Last edited by ecks; 01-15-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Sunday Weigh In

Weighed in this morning after a week without a scale. 299 down from 302! I'm not gonna celebrate the 200's just yet until I get a little further away from the big 3 but I'm definitely excited to see it. I haven't seen a 2 at the start of my number in 3 years.

SJean is offline Member
    HI, I just read this thread from start to here and thought I"d join in. I have 10 lbs I want to lose and I know that doesn't compare to what some of you here are doing, but I think we can all empathize and support one another. I'm doing the 21 DAy transformation - read the book yesterday and today is Day 2. Like you others, I have the tendency to get obsessive over the scale. I am just weighing myself once a week - on Sundays - today's the day. I started Primal on Jan. 1 but I didn't understand it fully - have been learning as I go - so I ate a ton of fruit and peanuts and peanut butter and I gained weight so far. I'm committed to stick with this Primal thing all the way for 12 weeks and reassess. My overall goal is to not have the carb and sweets cravings, not be obsessive and feel restricted all the time, get rid of arthritis in my toes (already that is getting better) , and overall be healthy and not so driven to extremes (binges followed by fasting). I wish everyone a really great day and I'll check back soon.

Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast