Page 19 of 175 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 19

ecks is offline Senior Member
    @pebbles I dunno! It's the accent on spanish women that get me every time. I still swear that spanish women are the only people on the earth that can be explicitly attractive when they're angry. Hahaha I guess it's always just been a thing

@pam yeah, I think Trinidad would be a go to for sure. I'll get there eventually. For now I just need to find a get away within driving distance.

So yesterday was interesting- well the whole week. The weather has been up and down. Monday snowed, tuesday snowed and was quite possibly the most brutal day temperature wise of the winter, wednesday was t-shirt weather, thursday rained, Yesterday there were snow squalls so thick that I couldn't see a university building that I knew was 40m in front of me while I was driving (driving visibility was about 25m or so), today is snowy and tomorrow it's supposed to get warm (by canadian standards that is... 14 degrees above freezing point is tshirt and pants weather). Just seems quite odd. Just wear layers I guess and at worse you can take stuff off. I don't feel stressed by it so I'm sure it won't have any effect on me

Yesterday
    Breakfast- 4 slices of bacon, 3 chicken wings, 2 turnip and zuchini latkes (they mix well!)

Lunch- pound of wings, 2 cups mixed carrots and red peppers

Dinner- Giant chicken breast , 1 large tomato (eaten like an apple), 4 squares of lindt dark 99
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Ecks! I finally caught up on reading your journal. Still boggling that you pull your car for exercise! Amazing!
    Your inches lost are very impressive. If I were you, I would keep looking at that, over your pounds lost. And good job putting the scale in the closet. Scale addiction is a good way to drive yourself crazy.

Woo! Weighin day! and it was a good one! 286.6 down from 288.4. It's the small victories that count. Makes me happy either way!

Food for yesterday

Coconut milk shake (coconut milk, 1 cup mixed blueberries and raspberries, half a frozen banana, cocoa powder) and half a large chicken breast

Lunch- 2 eggs, bacon, cherry tomatoes

Dinner- Large pork chop (aka "Rob's Sexy Chops"... my butcher is funny that way) Massive salad.

Been trying to get back into video games again. Playing through Uncharted: Drakes Fortune right now. Seems very appropriate to go with paleo- the game takes place primarily in a jungle as Nathan Drake follows the diary of his great grandfather in the search for the treasure of El Dorado. It seems to be a fun way to relax! I know that the majority of people who read this journal are mainly ladies and probably can't relate but I figured I'd post anyways. Something awesome about living vicariously through a character who jumps from cliff to cliff solving puzzles and shooting armed guards. Tones of fun though sometimes frustrating. It's been a great way to get some "me time". Essentially it's that getaway I've been longing for the past week and it seems to be working!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Little fish are indeed sweet! Well done.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow, do I love the way the weight is falling off you. I mean it literally is falling off. How are you keeping your pants up!

Okay, here's an earthy tea for you. I made nettle soup tonight. I used to drink nettle tea a lot. Sort of forgot about it. I mean, it's only good in the spring. But -- it's very earthy. You might like it.

Your meals are great. They always seem so balanced between all the different parts of primal. Many kudos. Wow, you're going to pass us all up on the scale.

Yeah. Weird thing about computer / video games. My kids decided I needed to get into at least one game, so I said I thought "Mist" was pretty. This was a while back. They got it for me. OK. I can ride horses over some of the highest jumps around and in 100 mile up and down endurance events -- no trouble. I tried to play "Mist" and all I did was get REALLY dizzy and nauseous! Quite the gamer here:-)

But I sure can relate to me time. My me time is usually going through some grammar book in a foreign language or two or three or a foreign language dictionary.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-11-2012 at 08:20 PM.

@pam - funny thing about you recommending the tea is that I was going to tell you that I tried vanilla almond rooibos tea tonight. As far as the pants go... I actually have cuts on the bottom of my belly from me tightening my belt so much (i gotta give in soon and just buy new pants!

So huge praise report- I went out in pubic with a 2x shirt on today. And it actually looked good on me! I'll probably stick to my 4x's for the most part over the next 2 weeks but that's another step in the right direction for me.

Forgot to mention my exercise for yesterday's post walked to my parents place and home. About 2.3 miles one way

And post for today

Breakfast - IF (Daylight savings time screwed me up and I had to rush to get ready for church)

Lunch- Pork chop, 1/2 of a massive chicken breast, huge salad (spinach, red pepper, green pepper, celery, carrots, strawberries, and my regular home made dressing)

Dinner- also IF. Just too freakin busy today to eat. Not that I really feel hungry though.

Evening tea- Got me some rooibos at the sweet dreams tea shop. I used to go there all of the time for bubble tea but was more than happy with getting a hot loose leaf tea instead.

All in all it was a fairly busy day. I'm good with it! Back to regular food schedule tomorrow

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    "I went out in pubic with a 2x shirt on today" - bottomless, huh, you are brave!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Okay, Ecks, I have to ask: If the 2X shirt looks good on you, why are you sticking to 4X? Money? Because if it is anything else, you need to give yourself a good talking to. Wear what looks good on you.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Keep up the awesome work! And get some new friggin clothes! Sounds like it's about time.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Okay, Ecks, I have to ask: If the 2X shirt looks good on you, why are you sticking to 4X? Money? Because if it is anything else, you need to give yourself a good talking to. Wear what looks good on you.
    *sigh* hahaha i have a feeling that I may or may not get a good talkin to. It's a safety thing. At least in a 4x it looks like I've made massive progress... In a 2x it's like starting all over again because I fit in 2x. It probably sounds stupid but essentially if I'm in a 4x I am constantly reminded about how far along I've come but in a 2x it's like I've gotten nowhere- I was in these cloths 3 years ago; it should be a bigger deal but the fact is that over 3 years time I let myself grow almost 50lbs... gross. If these cloths are my starting point of that journey how am I supposed to feel comfortable getting back into them? The shirt I wore yesterday- I bought it right before I grew out of it. It barely fit me when I wore it but I wouldn't let myself admit that I wasn't able to wear 2's anymore. I've literally worn it in public 3 times including yesterday. Just feels like a weird place to go back to. I just put on the other shirt of same brand and different colour. This one's black and I have the exact same one in the 4x that I wear every week. Every time I put on a 2x I feel like I need a few more weeks. I started flirting with putting them on over a month ago but wasn't til yesterday that I left the house in one.