Page 18 of 175 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 18

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic numbers, ecks. And you've hit another milestone weight-wise. Absolutely marvelous. I am definitely proud of you. Way to go:-)

Tell your sister how wonderful her loss is. 181 is great:-) She's doing great too, I think.

Happy days!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Thanks pam! Both me and my sister have been working at it not together... but in competition almost. We're 2 years apart but we always stride to beat each other to everything and find encouragement from eachother's efforts. She's taken the CW route (though not much time for exercise because she's full time work/school/mom) But she's kickin ass!!

Lookin at my goals I didn't set myself up this month to pass the 280 milestone. Instead though I have the privilege of aiming at the 50 lbs mark which should *hopefully* happen by the 25th. Let's wait and see!

*Yesterday*

Breakfast- My regular coconut milkshake + raspberries

Lunch- 3 Slices of streaky bacon, turnip fries (fried this time in the bacon fat instead of the usual baking), and a massive egg scramble (2 xl eggs, tomato, red peppers, mushrooms, green onion) <--- Gosh how I missed eggs! (I took a break for a while). 2 pieces of lindt 99%, 1 piece lindt 90%

Dinner- Indian butter chicken from scratch! (Oddly enough without butter)- Chicken thighs slow cooked in tomato/onion puree, coconut milk, currey, garlic, 5 spice. Served over cauliflower rice with a massive salad on the side. 2 pieces of lindt 99% 1 piece of lindt 90%

Today!
    Breakfast- Regular coconut milkshake + Raspberries

Lunch- Leftover butter chicken and 2 cups of mixed veggies (red peppers and celery)

Dinner - Premarinated pork chops (or as my butcher calls them- "Rob's sexy chops"), asparagus, left over mashed cauliflower/turnip from Saturday, most likely followed up with the regular dosage of dark chocolate.

It's -15 Degrees Celsius (5 degrees Fahrenheit) outside today so I may have to subject my already fried legs to some more airsquats for time... I'll have to see what I can do tonight because it's way too cold to be out for an hour's walk

**Uodate***

Workout- 30 Pushups

50 Situps for time using a poor man's abmat (aka rolled up towel)- 3:28

Waiting to hear back from a kijiji seller on an abmat, if he doesn't come through I'm just gonna suck it up and pay full price.
    Last edited by ecks; 03-05-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Oh, yes. I see the 50 lb. mark happening. Yep. I can visualize it. You are definitely going to do it soon.

Eggs are funny. Sometimes I just can't eat them, and other times they sound so good. I'm thinking eggs and bacon for lunch today with zucchini.

Love your pictures. They always give me ideas! Yep. This is going to be a great month -- especially if I move my butt around a bit (read lot) more. Living in town, I find it hard to "do" exercise. Easier when you're lifting bales of hay around and moving livestock and mowing and such. I do miss it. But then, there are no stores with exotic oils and vinegars and Powell's Bookstore, etc. around. Of course, I guess one can get pretty much everything online.

A super day!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 03-05-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Yesterday

Breakfast- Regular coconut shake plus half a banana

Lunch- Pork Chops 2 cups mixed veggies

Dinner- Half rack ribs, some baby carrots. 2 pieces of lindt 90 and 99 and some banana chips for dessert

Dodgeball was probably one of our worst games in weeks. We were playing a team that have been playing so long that they had their 6 and 7 year old kids (and there were 6 of them) there to root them on. Still a lot of fun though!

Today

Breakfast- Steak and bacon

Lunch- Ribs and veggies

Dinner- Steak and veggies most likely and the regular chocolate dosage

Excercise- short walk planned for tonight

So I've been experimenting with full time standing desk instead of the 15 mins here or there... It's been quite nice! I have more mental energy built up but i tend to be lacking in physical energy by the time i get home from work. This is only day 3 of the full time standage and I can definitely deal with it It's not bad at all!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Didn't end up going for that planned walk yesterday. Crashed after a long day at work and eve with my buddy

Today
    Breakfast- 4 slices of bacon, coconut shake

lunch- steak and veggies

Dinner (a very odd one)- 2 eggs, 2 lobster claws, 2 chicken wings. Bananachips and chocolate for dessert

Got into the pool tonight 6 minutes late and was still able to push against the clock and get 50 laps (1.1KM) out tonight. I'm happy with that.

Starting to get to the point where I feel like I need to disappear from my surroundings for a bit. 2 or 3 days off of work where no one outside of work knows I'm off... Looking for a retreat centre or somewhere where I can just get me time and not have to concern myself with much more. Soon i think... very soon.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds beautiful! I'm all about the me-time.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

If you had unlimited funds and could go on a retreat anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Anywhere? It's a close line between Trinidad (for the music) and pretty much any Spanish country (for the ladies). I'm not Spanish I just have a weakness for their female population

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ecks,
    ^How about a HS Spanish Teacher? LOL

I liked your posts on Sabine's journal so much that I came over to read yours. You are doing so well Congrats!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Trinidad might work for both -- a beautiful spot for a retreat and music and lots of Spanish-speaking ladies -- including tourists from some of the nearby Spanish-speaking countries. Hope you get that break soon. I've been needing one for a whole lot of years. Someday! If I could get back to the country, I could make my own retreat:-)