Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175
Results 1,741 to 1,749 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 175

The Walrus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Crossfitting, ai! Tell us, tell us everything!
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” - Joseph Campbell

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    I'm a fan too. Hate when people disappear! Welcome back.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Waiting (im)patiently with other fans to see the recap of your adventures.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    This is how my buddy put it- It's like working in a first class theatre, in a five start hotel, sitting on top of a college dorm, orchestrated by the Greek Navy, and run by a phillipino mafia.

Does that help? Probably not.

I loved the job itself- working behind the console in the theatre was my fave part of the entire experience. My first boss robyn always made sure that she assigned us to theatre events at least once a week (or gave us convenient time off that lines up with rehearsal and shows in the case where she couldn't legally book us in (due to maritime scheduling laws). My second boss though was too damn lazy for any of that- no matter how much we begged him for time behind the console he wouldn't toss anyone a bone- even the head sound engineer (who was getting 14 hour days) was asking for some down time and this guy wouldn't budge... what a pissoff (had this guy for the last 2 months of my contract).

Outside of that the travel was nice for the first bit as well (unfortunately shitty boss lined up with shitty itinarary). I enjoyed Australia, New Zealand, New Caledonia, French Polynesia (Moorea, Papette, Bora Bora, Tahiti), Hawaii, but really had a hard time with Alaska... Which was my last stop.

Food was meh- down in crew mess you had to get creative to get a decent meal. Up in the guest buffet (which my team was privileged enough to eat in) the food was of better quality but got boring as it was the same thing every day (minus a few variants which were repeated every cruise).

Relationships were hard- you'd make friends and then they'd go home, or the other way around. My best group of friends I got together with 3 weeks before I went home- and it was heartbreaking to say goodbye to them. Shitty.

Currently I'm waiting to hear back from work in town. If nothing then I'm headed back to work early- they wanted me back today (a whole month short of my allotted vacation.) when I said no they asked for September 5th... -_-'. If I don't get the offer in town I'm going for one more contract with Celebrity then calling it.

It seems that the MDA file uploader is broken So I can't share anything right now.

Oh! I started CF since getting home but it looks like that's getting cut short unless that job in town comes through. Wait and See I guess.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I'd love updates from all of you as well! Private message me or email me. I've got an @gmail.com address and my user name is pasoliman. (I broke that up so that it's harder for chatbots to be able to collect my info)
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ecks!!! Waving wildly!!!! So good to see you back.

So I've been on a crazy hunt for work the past few weeks... and by crazy hunt I mean not so crazy but I really do want to find work in audio. Problem is that there is next to no work around. Not really excited for ships again but I guess I'll wait and see what happens.

Crossfit is going well. Discovering that one of the motions I hated at 320lbs I'm loving now; Wall Balls (Medicine ball in hands, squat down, use legs and arms to throw medicine ball to a 10foot target, receive medicine ball and immediately drop into a squat). These used to be difficult and tiring for me. Now I find them quite comfortable and even enjoyable! One good step at a time!

Did anyone else read yesterday's article title as "Why we eat other people"? I can't stop laughing!!

The Walrus is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, that heading got the "Snort Tea All Over Computer" award for the week!

Wish I could do Crossfit. No Crossfit anywhere near here.

Hoping something comes through for you workwise. For selfish reasons! So we can see more of you around here!
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” - Joseph Campbell