Page 174 of 175 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 174

ecks is offline Senior Member

Full Circle

Primal Fuel
    Hey All! I promise I'm not dead I just have a hard time to find time to sit down and type one of these up! This update is just for my MDA journal!

(Written yesterday, modified today)
    So - first thing is first. The title of my blog post is "full circle" and it's talking about my weight. A few months ago I had proudly posted a weight of 239 (and you best be sure I was darn proud of that!) but between the stresses of life change, my few weeks of 2-3 meals a day out with friends while saying goodbye, and the awkward and in between transition of adjusting to ship life (more like college dorms than I could have guessed) my weight had shot up significantly. Needless to say I'm doing something about it with the help of a cool contest on the ship. They are essentially calling it the biggest loser. When I weighed in on February 7th I came in at 115.4 Kg (About 254~255LBS). Well cheers to good eating, lots of walking (as measured by my new Jawbone Up! fitness band), and a few visits to the gym a week (ok, I lie, maybe one or two a week), I have come full circle and am now sitting at 108KG (approx 239lbs again). While I am partially ashamed that my weight jumped so high I'm also proud that it's come back down. This month I really think the goal of 233LBS is doable. (For any new readers 233LBS is 100lbs off of my highest (mesureable) weight.) This contest has been such a big help - as a group we workout together, keep each other accountable, and motivate each other. Of course I get judged hardcore by the others on my paleo ways but they are starting to come around. Even better is that co-workers are taking notice! One of the bands (a duo really) has even asked if I had any paleo books I can lend them! All in all I think I can make some proper physical changes to my body over the course of this journey. I'm also itching to go clothing shopping because I feel just so damn good!

(**Written yesterday)
    Now all of that aside I'll write up a quick update on ship life. Today we are sailing on the Tasman Sea (one of the roughest in the world) - it's day 3. Not my first time doing it this cruise but it's still interesting to live with it. I had to modify my workout this morning to adjust to the rocking ship. On the downswing reps are uuber easy because everything becomes so light but on the upswing reps become uuber hard because everything becomes so heavy. Was an ok workout but I'm looking forward to landing at a port in New Zealand tomorrow because we will be at a standstill and I can get a proper workout and weigh in). Ship life seems to be a lot like college - cramped dorm rooms, pressure to party, and crappy food in the crew mess! I'm lucky though - as part of my Job status I'm allowed to eat dinner in guest areas :-). It's interesting living with the people you work with and seeing how people change when on and off duty. Also a major adjustment receiving my work schedule at 11pm the night before. It's the definition of "living one day at a time". All in all I feel good about this place. Don't know what my future holds and for all I know I may hate it and be ready to go home in July. Depending on my work opportunities when I get home I may come back. Guess I'll have to wait and see! For some people here this is a requirement to survive. For others it's a career stepping stone. For me it's an opportunity to grow as an individual. I am definitely grateful for the start of this journey and am looking forward to the rest of it!

Love and miss you all! I should be able to post more when I land in Hawaii in a month or so. I'll definitely post at the end of the month WHEN I hit that 100lbs goal that's been looming over me for way too damn long. I'm doing this!! Later!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

tomi is online now Senior Member
    So good to hear from you!!!! What an exciting adventure you're living!!!! Good job on taking off the weight - and I'm sure those few pesky pounds will come off in no time and you'll be celebrating your success!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    ECKS!!!!! I've missed you! And I think about you every single day when I visit MDA! Best wishes and keep on!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    DUDE!!! So pleased to hear that you are doing well and having fun. I BBM'd you a while back, not sure if your phone works so far away. Somehow I knew you would be an inspiration to people on the ship, just as you've inspired people here. Big hugs!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Hi ecks!! So good to hear about your adventures! What an exciting time for you & great opportunity! Keep in touch when you can!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, awesome to hear from you! Way to go on losing those sneaky pounds - we're rooting for those next few to come off too. You sure do get an up close and personal look at people and how well they can keep the front up for passengers and what the real face is like when off duty. Always interesting. I am so glad that you have a bunch of people to lose with and workout with. I hope you can influence and bunch of them to give paleo a try! We missed you!!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Still alive, still ticking, still paleo- currently between work contracts (and or a potential new job) and using crossfit 3 times a week to keep me active while I wait for whatever god has in store for me. I hope everyone is ok!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

The Walrus is online now Senior Member
    ECKS!!!!!!! So glad to hear from you!!!!!! I think about you all of the time. Tell us about your adventures of the last few months.

Oh, I have different name now. I used to have and Irish name starting with S. Now I am The Walrus.
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

“The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.” - Joseph Campbell

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Glad to see you back! So happy to hear you stayed on track!

okay............. details please.............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You're back!! Yeah! I second Walrus - tell us the stories of the last few months. Good on you for keeping up with paleo!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."