Page 17 of 174 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 17

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My favorite "sure ... I'm drinking too" drink is tonic water with a lime in it. Looks just like gin and tonic, which is pretty popular in these parts. Nobody gets made fun of for drinking gin instead of beer.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ecks is offline Senior Member
    2 problems with that though 1) the girls were drinkin beer too... (yes I'm using that as an argument) and 2) when you get club soda/tonic water in Canada the bottle is bigger than the glass so they serve you a bottle and glass. I guess I should know better either way. Oh well. Can't change it so I'm movin on from it. I went for a walk to help metabolize some of the sugars before bed.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Hey, ecks --

Sort of a non-sequitur, but have you ever had kombucha? I asked leks about it too. Looks interesting but maybe not primal even though the sugar that's in it is supposed to be all gone by the time you drink it.
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Hey Pam, Not overly familiar with kombucha sounds like the Kefir of the tea world. Fermented foods are encouraged as part of a paleo diet but I'd be weary of how much of the sugar alcohols are still present from the fermenting process (though natural so not too harmful).

Food yesterday (sorry it's late)

Breakfast- 2 Eggs, 2 slices of bacon, asparagus, 1 piece lindt 90, 2 lindt 99

Lunch- 2 small chicken thighs, asparagus

Dinner- at "The Symposium" (one of my favourite restaurants)- Steamed muscles in Tabasco butter sauce, Massive salad with balsamic vineagarette.

Dessert (when I got home) 2 pieces of lindt 99, handful of banana chips (darn you delicious banana chips!)

Exercise- 30 pushups (I'm getting better at them but because im doing them on hardwood I have to do them from knees... my feet slip out... not sure if I'd do that much better from feet regardless but I'd definitely do worse)

Today

Breakfast- 1/2 chicken thigh, 2 slices bacon, coconut milkshake (standard recipe, no banana)

Lunch- 2 chicken thighs, 2 cups fresh veggies

Dinner- thinking wings and big salad

Exercise- Swim night
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

I seem to be doing my days in 2's lately... sorry!!

Thursday's swim- 54 laps in 50 mins... still can't cross that 56 line that i hit a few weeks ago but that just means I'm not workin hard enough total laps: 1188m

Yesterday
    Breakfast- 3 slices of bacon, coconut milk shake

Lunch- Pound of wings (home made in puree'd jalapeno sauce) and 2 cups mixed veggies

Dinner- fell asleep after work (needed a nap after a long day) and by the time i woke up I didn't have time for a proper dinner before driving out to cambridge (bible study night). Dinner was 2 handfulls of banana chips.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a good day full of a variety of good stuff. I used to distance swim, and my problem was counting. I'd get so content with just going through the water that I'd forget to count:-)

IMHO, doing your days in twos seems just fine. My problem is that I forget what I ate the day before!
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    The doing days in 2's thing must be contagious - sorry! Just took a glance at your starting and current weight - just amazing already - friggin 43 pounds!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thanks lex. I have a startling feeling like I'll have a low number this week... guess that's part of not weighing in continually that it's harder to gage how far along things are moving. Guess we'll have to see tomorrow. Tomorrow's also measure in day so I've gotta find my last month's measurements and compare.

Late breakfast/Lunch- Steak, baby carrots, almond salad dressing for dipping carrots

Dinner- Lobster tail, Turnip and Cauliflower "Mashed potatoes", Coconut spicy shrimp, garlic infused EVOO for dipping seafood. Small Salad, 1 piece of Lindt 90%, 2 pieces of lindt 99%- I didn't finish the lobster or the mash so those will be future meals. Don't know quite how to eat the top half of a lobster... guess I'll find out. I'm sure it's like crackin open a crab.

Workout today- 100 ASFT at 5:37. Moving to 115 on the next one I think.

Found this killer store today. When you walk in it's all local chocolate and desserts but if you walk around back there is a room for tasting their different olive oils and balsamic vinegars. There's 15 or so flavor "infused" olive oils and 20 balsamics. All using natural organic ingredients. At 13$ per 200ml bottle they better be (that's less than a cup). Damn are they ever good though! I picked up butter infused EVOO (no dairy!) and garlic evoo. Quite happy with both already. I have a feeling this place is gonna end up costing me an arm and or/leg.

Weighed in this morning... another pound and a half this week! I used to be upset about those pound and a half weeks but that still means a pound and a half less that I have to lug around. It's like salary pay- sure I won't get those awesome paychecks but it seems I know what I'm getting every week! And it's nice considering my battle with leaving the scale out (I've weighted, it's back in the closet... I'm done with it for the week!) and my battle with the return of the unforgiving dairy. Set new goals for April too! At a pound and a half a week I should be able to crank out 6lbs but I set the goal to 7.4. I did 6.6 in February so it's that goal to crank out an extra pound. By CW standards I'm not losing as fast as everyone would want me to race and lose but I can happily say that once it's off it's off! At worst in this journey I've plateaued a week or 2 but never gained on my Sunday weighins.

Cheers to making March being our best month so far gang! Lets rock it!!

PrimalCon New York
    Just got back from measuring with my sis. I'm so proud of her! This month she lost 7 lbs and a total of 8.5". Unfortunately she doesn't carry her weight very well so just like me she's got a long way to go. She's at 181 right now.

Alright! Lets get to my numbers

Body Part Last Month This Month Difference
    Neck 17 17 0
    Chest 52 49 3
    Abdomin 55.5 53 2.5
    Hips 52.5 49 3.5
    Arms 18.5 18.5 0
    Leg(Thigh) 31 31 0

I'm happy with these! Numbers are coming down in the places people notice first so at very least I look better than I'm doing