Page 169 of 175 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1745

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 169

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas! All the best to you Ecks

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Merry Chistmas, Ecks. Have a blessed holiday.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey all! thanks for the christmas wishes! If anything just getting them nw is a reminder that I've gotta step up on this site mroe often. I used to be really good but now that I'm not at a computer for work and im not looking for work its sometimes hard for me to remember to post updates. Ive been getting way more busy too!

Christmas was outstanding but I'm ready to start that whole30 soon. I'm likely going to start on the 2nd because lets face it I'm going to be drinking til at least 3am on the first... Hope you all have a safe new years!!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    We're not big drinkers. What we like to have on New Year's Eve is ice cream sundaes, right at midnight, or as close to it as we are awake. One year all the kids were at friends' houses for the night, so Honey and I had our sundaes at 9pm and went to bed early!

Hey man, glad you checked in! I was wondering if you had forgotten us? *sniff sniff* I'm right there with you for the Whole 30. I think starting Jan 2 is a good idea. When I first decided to start Jan 1, I didn't even consider the alcohol past midnight. Not that I am gonna get sh*tfaced but DH is working until 11pm so I won't even get into the wine until close to midnight. (I have to pick him up from work and won't have a drop if I have to drive)
    Hope 2014 brings you continued success on your Paleo journey, as well as blessings in all areas of your life. Thank you for all your help and advice so far.

Hey all! off to a grand start for 2014! Running into a problem though... with me leaving in 3 weeks people want to get together and grab a bite... Any good solutions for this? It just seems like the social norm to do so before someone leaves (which I get) but it's making it difficult to start my whole 30. Perfect example is yesterday where I went out to breakfast with a friend as kind of a last hangout and then went out for drinks and dinner last night (at places where I could be near paleo but not proper paleo), and then this morning again I'm out with a friend for breakfast... seems hard to get things going...
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ecks, that is a tough situation. Can you beg off with an upset tummy and just order black tea and eat at home?

You've told me about a couple decent paleo friendly places around town. Could you go there? Or as jacmac said above, tell your friends you'd love to see them but you are gonna eat at home and just have coffee with them. I mean the whole point is to see each other, not what you are ingesting right?

Easier said than done... We all know that food becomes part of celebration. I'm doing my best to order paleo at these outings but I'm not latching onto a whole30. I'm thinking it may be easier on the ship when I'm eating from the staff buffet.

I ordered Chris Kresser's "Your personal paleo code". I think it'll be a good guide while I'm gone. Hoping for the best on loss while I'm out in Australia but I'm just having a rough time keeping it clean here...