Page 168 of 175 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1745

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 168

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    God willing I'll start on Celebrity X Solstice on January 20th. I'm just hoping I'm fit for it. Had my physical yesterday and I felt well going in but like shit coming out. One asshole doctor (out of the 5 I had) really tried to cut me down- especially after he to my blood pressure to find that it was perfect and after he found that my range of motion and flexibility was outstanding. I laughed when he said "don't let it get to your head" and then everything after that was him trying to pull me down. If I was hired onto Princess cruises I would not have passed the BMI portion of the physical. Their cutoff BMI is 30 and mine is 42. We all know how much BMI is bullshit but still. 2 doctors checked mine multiple times individually because I don't have the body composition of what they expect a BMI of 42 to look like. -_-' frustrating

I have the flu for the first time in 2 years. I know exactly why too. I was at a Christmas banquet at my church hanging out with a pretty girl- I asked her what she made fully intending on trying it and complementing her on it. Well- it was dressing, or stuffing, or whatever it's called (I didn't grow up on it but I always assume it was called stuffing. Apparently it's only stuffing if it went into an animal and otherwise is called dressing- even though it's the exact same damn thing). Well dressing/stuffing is bread based- first bread I've had in years. Within 10 mins I had a massive headache and I woke up yesterday morning all groggy and with a clogged/runny nose. Clear mucus but I know why I've got it. Still feeling like arse today.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Here's hoping that your physical is good for the ship job!!! It is encouraging to see those results and realize how far you have come - good for you! Power plays with docs can be nasty I think it is great idea to turn the job into a booze free weight loss time. It is such a focused environment in some ways and I am looking forward to hearing how you do!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

AutumnTiger is offline Senior Member
    Hoping you get the right results for the ship job.

Big learning curve there on the pretty-girl moment - it would be easier to get it out in the open from the beginning about the way you choose to eat, if you were to spend more time with this girl it will save you having to explain later. Sorry to hear that you are feeling so rough though and I hope it clears soon

Current: 16-Jul-14 = 211lbs (15.1 = +3 from low) | GW = 138lbs

Whole 30: Sat 7th June 2014 to Sun 6th July lost 14lbs; low of 14.12

Paleo Start: 16-Nov-13 at 234lbs | 22-Feb-14 = 219lbs dropped into cruise maintenance mode
    Previously: 2-Jan-13 to 17-Jul-13 lost 37lbs with WW

Knock me down, I'll get right back up again, come back stronger than a powered-up Pacman - Kaiser Chiefs

Today is day 3 of being sick... ugg... totally not worth it! Considering Australia is just around the corner too- not saying she wouldn't be worth it but now's not the time to be thinking with my junk .

That being said the physical came back... oddly enough the only number that was high was my HDL. I was doing some research online and there is cause to believe that a high HDL puts me at extremely low risk of heart failure/a heart related reason to drop dead. Lets just hope it goes through.

At worse I have an interview on friday for a position that I have a ton of references inside the company for. Again this is just a backup.

Otherwise doing fairly well on the food front.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    This may be an appropriate time and place to say that when I was young I had an enormous crush on 'Gopher' from the Love Boat.

AutumnTiger is offline Senior Member
    I adored the Love Boat and last year actually fulfilled a childhood fantasy to be married by a ship's captain - it just wasnt on a boat

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Current: 16-Jul-14 = 211lbs (15.1 = +3 from low) | GW = 138lbs

Whole 30: Sat 7th June 2014 to Sun 6th July lost 14lbs; low of 14.12

Paleo Start: 16-Nov-13 at 234lbs | 22-Feb-14 = 219lbs dropped into cruise maintenance mode
    Previously: 2-Jan-13 to 17-Jul-13 lost 37lbs with WW

Knock me down, I'll get right back up again, come back stronger than a powered-up Pacman - Kaiser Chiefs

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Hi there Ecks, you are coming to AUS???

@Sabine and AutumnTiger you two are too cute... lol

Hey Jacmac! So long as everything is golden on that physical I'll be headed out in that direction. I looked over the numbers and everything looks golden to much )

People keep commenting the last few days on how I look like I'm getting smaller- saw a buddy from up north who was notibily someone who noticed. Feels good to get some recognition though I'm not sure if my body composition has changed all that much lately. I feel good either way!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Merry Christmas, Ecks! May God Blessings pour over you!

Good luck with the cruise job! If I was single I think that kind of a job would be wonderful! Lots of hard work, but fun too
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Merry Christmas Ecks, have a great day! I am glad friends are noticing and commenting on your new body - all that hard work is paying off
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.