Page 167 of 175 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 167

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Been up and down with food since dad got back from egypt. difficult to keep things up because I've had to move my stuff back to to the basement fridge. Trying to keep it all together but it's just not as easy as having a fridge next to the stove.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there man. Can you maybe batch cook a bunch of stuff when Dad is not around? Then just heat it up at meal time? Have you made a decision about the cruise ship job? Sorry so many questions, just hoping you're doing ok.

I'll probably batch cook soon. Dad hasn't gone back to work yet (and he's calling in sick today)

I'm going to give both jobs a yes (tentatively anyways) neither start til january so I'll let future me worry about it.

I was all set to do well today then was given a (paid) job from a friend to help her make 28 gingerbread houses. While I didn't touch any cookie you can guarentee that I got icing on my hands and well it didn't stay on my hands... Damn it! day's not over though! just because it had a crappy food choice doesn't mean the whole thing gets thrown away.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

AutumnTiger is offline Senior Member
    Don't beat yourself up over it ecks, the point is that at least what you did was mindful. Not feeling guilty is another step - acknowledge the mistake and move on ... well done on not having any of the cookie stuff

Current: 16-Jul-14 = 211lbs (15.1 = +3 from low) | GW = 138lbs

Whole 30: Sat 7th June 2014 to Sun 6th July lost 14lbs; low of 14.12

Paleo Start: 16-Nov-13 at 234lbs | 22-Feb-14 = 219lbs dropped into cruise maintenance mode
    Previously: 2-Jan-13 to 17-Jul-13 lost 37lbs with WW

Knock me down, I'll get right back up again, come back stronger than a powered-up Pacman - Kaiser Chiefs

^What she said! Be proud of yourself for not letting a little icing send you down the path of a full on binge.

Not guilty per say so much as just made a bad decision. Made about 5 more bad decisions last night... that is I had 5 drinks at a party.... I don't get drunk easily and didn't last night but sometimes that makes it hard to monitor how many I've had. I also haven't drank in 2 months. Went to bed with a swirly stomach and woke up at 3:30am to eject it forcefully Great drinks though and it was an outstanding night!

Feeling good. Think I'm going to take the ship. I feel good about it too. Had a great chat with my pastor today as well and in general am just feeling good about where I'm at.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Just catching up on your journal - congrats on the Whole30!!!! That is great! You have a pretty interesting life, you know!

I have found to my dismay and disappointment that corn chips often aren't gluten-free - many of them contain wheat flour or gluten in some form. I never touch them anymore unless I can read the label, which normally means I bring them to the party myself. But I am super sensitive to gluten - even small amounts send me to the bathroom for about three days. (TMI!)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I'm lucky enough that gluten holds up well in my stomach. though I never dive into enough for it to be an issue

Been doing well foodwise the past couple days. (Booze has been a different story... here come the christmas parties!)

I think while I'm on the ship I'll try cut booze altogether (crazy right?!?!) and try to use the cruise as a weight loss experience. Lets see how it goes!

I think it's awesome that you have decided to go for the cruise ship job. I am sure you will make the most of this opportunity. I bet you will meet some really interesting people on your travels. When do you go?

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Actually I think it's a great idea to avoid alcohol on the ship. I don't know how the eating works for employees, but I would think it would be very possible to eat pretty clean. With occasional indulgences of course! Are you going to work on a specific ship, or do you move around?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold