Page 163 of 175 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1745

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 163

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Congrats on the Day 10! That is quite an accomplishment!

Clarkie, I transitioned from severe foot problems/pain - six surgeries, orthotics, the whole magumba - to barefoot/minimal shoes a lot of the time. The key is go slowly! And yes, start off around the house. Maybe as little as 15 minutes a day - be careful! It is so worth it, though. Having foot pain, having to wear very specific shoes, is very inconvenient and limiting. Being able to walk and stand for long periods of time with no pain is so wonderful.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Siobhan for the encouragement to continue with the barefooting! I don't have any foot pain however I am having issues with my lower back. Woke up one morning this April unable to bear any weight on my left leg because of severe back pain and sciatica. Was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease as well as some disc atrophy at L4,L5 and S1. Underwent weeks of chiropractic, massage and physio along with a smorgasbord of drugs. Finally after about 6 weeks I was "ok"
    Fast forward to July when I literally spent 5 days and nights at my Mom's bedside while she was dying. Definitely the most difficult thing I have ever had to do both physically and emotionally. My back has been so-so ever since. Latest flare up started about 2 weeks ago. It's somewhat improved now with painkillers and muscle relaxants along with heat and stretching.
    I am really hoping that eating primally will not only make me healthier and stronger but allow me to drop some excess weight which I know is not good for my back either.
    Btw I have really enjoyed reading your journal. You are a real inspiration to me. Some of your posts have made me lol while others have brought me to tears. You really should write a book!
    Sorry for hijacking your journal Ecks. Keep up the good work on your Whole 30! You are 1/3 of the way there man.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Always feel free to highjack! you're more than welcome to post here about whatever you're feeling. I'm good at sharing!

So on my whole30 I did a funny oops... I made lunch plans with 2 different people (and forgot that I made double plans) and I made dinner plans with my sister... lets just say it was a hefty day

Whole30 Day 11

Meal 1- 4 Egg omelet with onion, olives, yellow peppers, and mushrooms. Steak. Fried sweet potato and onion hash.

Meal 2 (with brent)- Salad and Kafta (middle eastern meat balls) at Vila Madina

Meal 3 (with kerry)- 1lb of chicken wings (smoked and finished on the hard top) at Hog Tails

Meal 4 (with amanda)- Salmon cooked in red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and fresh lemon. Asparagus cooked in olive oil, salt, pepper. Apple for dessert

Whole30 Day 12

Meal 1 (and only)- 3 Slices of bacon, 4 eggs. Post breakfast dessert (accidentally got too awesome for it's own good)- cashew butter, cocoa, and coconut milk all mixed (made a frothy, damn near airy moose... delicious!!)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Thank you, Clarkie, I am glad you have found us here at MDA. Been there with the sciatica, although thankfully I don't have disc problems (fingers tightly crossed). I imagine you took steriods, maybe prednisone, to help with the inflammation? Nasty stuff but very effective. Now I am like a Back Nazi - the slightest twinge, I'm on my heating pad and stretching. I faithfully do the exercises the chiropractor showed me. Swimming really helps. Be extra careful with barefooting until you get the back under control, but I am sure you know that.

As always, great food ecks!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Back Nazi! That's hilarious, but I know what you mean. Once you've been taken out by back pain you want to avoid it again at all costs. Thankfully I've not had to take any prednisone. I work in pharmacy and know how awful the side effects can be.
    Ecks, you are KILLING this whole 30.Awesome job!

Ok Ecks I did it, I started a journal! It's called "Clarkie's Primal Quest" come say hi.

Whole30 Day 13

Meal 1 - 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon

Meal 2- Cocoa Mousse (cocoa powder, coconut milk, cashew butter)

Meal 3- Veal Steak, roasted cauliflower, beef gravy (beef broth, coconut milk, onions, salt, pepper)

Whole30 Day 14

Meal 1- Sirloin steak, leftover caluflower, 4 eggs

Meal 2/3 (stretched over a bit of time for stupid reasons I won't get into)- 2 Sirloin steaks, small salad. Cocoa mousse.

Feeling less motivated today. It's probably the shitty weather. Been out of work for 5 + 1 business days and my edge is just gone compared to how I was feeling last week. Prayers needed.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Okay, I'm making some cocoa mousse right now.

I find the best process is 2tbsp cocoa powder in a bowl, 2tbsp of cashew butter on top, eyeball maybe a 3rd cup of coconut milk and stir slowly until the cocoa powder is encorperated. Once the cocoa will not get away from you you can speed up the stirring process.

Done and eaten, so delicious! Nom nom nom nom nom.