Page 162 of 175 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1746

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 162

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So yesterday was my last day of work. Decent day! And my not anymore boss threw me a going away party with cake, cookies, truffles and juice. I had a glass of juice to be nice but knew better than to willfully break my whole30.

That being said I technically did and didn't break it yesterday. The way I look at Whole30 is about looking at cravings, food control... etc. Last night I went to a dinner party and *technically* broke whole30 but not quite. My buddy had auctioned for a private catering company to come cook at his house and he had myself and some other friends come over. They are paleo so the meal was I'd say 95% paleo. Now the things that broke whole30 in the meal were a bit of feta on the salad, the champagne vinegarette, and there was a bit of a custard (added sugar of course) next to the poached pair with dessert. I was offered alcohol throughout the night which I was good about turning it down

So here's why I'm not calling it a break of the Whole30. It was a dinner party with a set menu, I wasn't tempted by anything, I didn't make the decision to go out of my way to be tempted, and when presented with a decision (alcohol, and dark chocolate) I gladly turned it down. I'm calling it "safe" and will be continuing my whole30 as per usual....

So here goes!

Whole30 Day 5

Meal 1- Fasted

Meal 2- Cajun dusted chicken wings at Hog Tails (they smoke their wings and finish them on the flat top). The cajun dusting is "slap ya mama" seasoning which is literally salt, red pepper, black pepper, garlic. (Clarkie, they have another branch near you under the name "lancaster smokehouse" by Gulf's steakhouse.

Meal 3- Dinner party
    Salad Starter- Smoked duck breast sliced over mixed spring greens, peacans, craisons, and a bit of feta topped with a champagne vinegarette.

Appetizer- Rare scallop topped with bacon over a parsnip puree and olive oil infused bruchetta

Entree- Medium rare prime rib, chip-thin apple slice over fennel, shitake mushrooms wrapped in cabbage, and a cranberry sauce (almost compote)

Dessert- poached pear, custard, and pecans.

Damn fine meal!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Whole30 Day 6

Meal 1- Breakfast at "Jimmy's Lunch". 3 poached eggs, 2 orders of bacon, 1 side of tomato

Meal 2- "Snack"- 4 egg whites baked in a ramekin (was making a spicy mayo sauce, didn't want to waste the whites)

Meal 3- Beef roulade stuffed with pickles, onion, bacon and mustard. Big ass salad with romaine, celery, red peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, and cherry tomatos- topped with the spicy mayo sauce.

The spicy mayo sauce was just some home made mayo (EVOO, oil, mustard) and some of the sriracha that I made the other day.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Note to self, have roll of paper towel handy to wipe up drool generated when reading Eck's menus. YUM!
    I haven't tried the wings at Lancaster Smokehouse but will definitely do so next time I am there.

So, what do you have planned for the upcoming week? Are you worried about being tempted to snack since you are not going to be in your normal "go to work routine" ? I know whenever I work from home, it's a struggle for me to stay out of the kitchen. Not that your willpower is as crappy as mine, just curious if you have given it any thought.
    I pray every day for your job situation to improve. Di
    P.S. Check out my BBM profile, got a tattoo yesterday as a memorial to my Mom.

Hey! Not worried about the coming week at all. If anything I'll likely eat fewer meals (as I tend to do so on the weekend) and they are likely to be even more paleo because I have a kitchen that I can cook in (well at least for now while the parents are gone). I think I'll be just fine on the food front I'll do my food journal tonight after church

I will check your bbm soon. Prepping market vendor info for a friend before I leave for church in 15.

Sunday was an extremely busy day for me. At church for 6:30 am to run audio on a brand new (though not purchased yet, and may not be purchased) digital audio console. Now if I can say anything about digital audio consoles they are like buying a bed from ikea and trying to put together. Not intuitive, no instructions, and a HUGE pain in the ass. I tell you though I was stressed all morning trying to drive it through service. One thing I can say- my mix was OUTSTANDING! The church always gives me the best bands to mix and I though that the last one couldn't be topped. This one was 3 vocalists, 1 acoustic guitar, 1 electric guitar, 1 mandolin, 1 banjo, keys, bass, and drum kit. I ROCKED it out!!

Whole30 Day 7

Meal 1 (and only)- 4 egg onion, mushroom, and pickle (don't know what I was thinking) omelet. 1 steak (6oz or so, nice fat cap, cooked in salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and cinnamon), fried sweet potato and onion cooked in duck fat, salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil.

Today was my first day unemployed- I kept BUSY though. Up at regular work time, showered and ready to "work" at 8am. I applied for 1 job, met with an industry contact who is also out of work and looking for some, and went out with some friends. After that I came home for a bit then went to my best friend's place to watch "White House Down". Absolutely outstanding movie!!!

Whole30 Day 8

Meal 1- Molokhia soup, 3 whole chicken wings (tossed in the spicy mayo I made the other day)

Black americano at starbucks (while meeting with the industry contact). I forgot/was remidned of how terrible and boring starbucks coffee is.

Meal 2- 2 pork burgers with lettuce, fried onion, tomato, bacon, and an egg.

Black americano at DVLB to wash out the memory of terrible starbucks americano

Meal 3- 4 whole chicken wings, steak, 1 beef roulade, and a massive salad (with cashews on top, and dressed with garlic infused olive oil and balsamic vinegar.) Clarkie- you can get various infused olive oils from Dana Short Gormet on erb street 1 block or so past the symposium on your right. They are all organic, and all quite delicious (though a treat because they are bitchin' expensive!). I've had this bottle for over a year (comes in a dark tinted bottle) and it has not gone rancid!

Meal 4- "Dessert" 2 tsp of cashew butter

Thanks for the tip on the olive oils. Didn't get to Waterloo this past weekend as I had hoped. Spent some time with my daughter on Saturday getting manicured and tatted. My back has really been acting up so I couldn't spend too much time walking around. Sunday just went over to Bruce street, got some veggies and scored some pork sausage on sale at "The Healthy Butcher" Would have loved to have gone to Vincenzos but they aren't open Sunday.
    After 10 days of trying to get the back pain under control I caved and went to the doctor yesterday. Got some pain meds and muscle relaxants. Hopefully will be back to normal soon because I really want to start walking more regularly and doing some heavy lifting as well.
    You are doing great on your Whole 30! Are you gonna weigh at all during? or just at the end? Take Care, Di

Keep a close eye on the healthy butcher`s pork sausage. Their sausages are gluten free but they are stuffed with rice. Not sure if rice is a no go for you but for some it is. As for your back pain I wold think about doing some of your exercise barefoot. Start slowly with a few minutes of lifting and walking a day and work your way up. When you exercise barefoot you regain some of your natural support that gets lost with wearing shoes all the time. It`ll do you well in the long run!

Went to a RIM layoff session yesterday. It was weird being around that crowd again though I guess this time they were all unemployed like myself. Still- weird.

Whole30 Day9

Meal 1- 1 leftover beef roulade

Meal 2- 3 whole chicken wings

An americano at Nougat Bakery

Meal 3- My plate of "What the hell is that?" reconceptualized as a Whole30 Steak Pad Thai. Sweet potato strings topped with a pad thai (macadamia butter, garlic, onions, coconut milk, salt, pepper, fish sauce, garum masala spice, tikka masala spice, home made green chili Sriratcha, and tomato paste) all topped with steak. Sesame seeds, carrot strings, roasted cashews and olive oil to garnish.

1471994_10153446642200117_134233584_n.jpg

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Too bad you don't live closer, I would hire you to cook for me!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hey, you DO live close to me! When do I get an Ecks meal??? Seriously you should be a chef/food stylist. Everything you make sounds and looks sooooo good!!
    Thanks for the tips on the sausage. The ingredient list didn't have rice. Did have brown sugar but I think it was the second last ingredient. Choosing to use that as my 20%! lol!
    I have been walking around the house barefoot, which doesn't sound like a big deal but I have always worn slippers with a bit of a heel no less, so it's a change for me for sure!

I`m sure you ladies have it in you to make amazing food too!! Granted there is nothing more fun than cooking with friends in the kitchen

Whole30 Day 10 (double digits!!)

Meal 1- Leftover pad thai (no steak), most of a milkshake (coconut milk, cocoa powder, 1/2 banana, 1 whole avocado)

Meal 2- Couple teaspoons of macadamia butter (before leaving for day's events)

Meal 3-1/2 chicken, handful of olives