Page 159 of 175 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1747

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 159

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Aannnd... I'm back.

No postage yesterday as it was Thanksgiving day this side of the boarder. Good day... but whoever said that a long weekend was a time for rest is clearly not knowing what they are talking about... granted most of my weekends are painfully busy... Like this one coming up. BLAH! I'll let future me worry about that.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian!

Mmmm! It was a good thanksgiving indeed!

Think I figured out my halloween costume... now I just gotta get the pieces together. Don't know if halloween is big in the states but in canada it seems to be more for adults than kids now. People who grew up with halloween continue to do halloween and as far as kids go there are a few trick or treaters but nowhere near as many or as popular as when I was a kid.

Going to visit a friend this weekend- so excited to see her and meet her fiance! She's paleo so we're planning to go to her local market together. I'm curious to see what we come up with!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Man, I have GOT to get going on the skirt for my Halloween costume! Thanks for the nudge, Ecks.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yep, same here in the U.S. - adults love Halloween. I really want to dress up as Brunhilde some year. Not this year, though.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine! What are you dressing as?!?

@siobhan I looked up Brunhilde on google images. She seems to have many different looks. The only reference I've ever heard towards her was in Django Unchained (great movie by the way!) What do you think of when you think of her? As in what does the costume look like?

So odd and random news. I found my childhood best friend today on facebook. And when I say childhood I mean she moved away when I was 5 years old. Really cool to chat with her again!

Made a coconut milk, avocado, honey, and cocoa powder milkshake this morning... seem to be gassy today now though. I used to do them all the time. Wondering if it's just coincidence.

I noticed something this morning that I don't know how I didn't notice... The last time I grew my hair out (pre paleo) it had lightened up to being noticeably dark brown hair. Today I looked in the mirror and my hair is almost as long as the last mowdown and it's still just as black as it is when it's short. My hair is so much healthier than the last time I had it this long too! I call it a win

So today is the day I get my last full paycheck for the foreseeable future. It's going to be an interesting next few months.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    My hair is healthier too

Are you taking the cruise ship job?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ecks! I just found this site a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to learn as much as I can by reading Mark's articles and various success stories and journals. I haven't had the guts to post until now but when I stumbled across your journal and saw your location, I just HAD to. Dude, I live in Kitchener!!!! I have only read the first few pages of your journal but it looks like you are doing great!
    Now as I mentioned I haven't made it through too much of your story, and I apologize if you have answered this question already, but where are you buying your grass fed beef? I hope if it is a vendor at the St.Jacobs Market, they are doing ok after that horrible fire.
    Well, nice to "meet" you, I am going to read some more of your journal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Hi Ecks! I just found this site a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to learn as much as I can by reading Mark's articles and various success stories and journals. I haven't had the guts to post until now but when I stumbled across your journal and saw your location, I just HAD to. Dude, I live in Kitchener!!!! I have only read the first few pages of your journal but it looks like you are doing great!
    Now as I mentioned I haven't made it through too much of your story, and I apologize if you have answered this question already, but where are you buying your grass fed beef? I hope if it is a vendor at the St.Jacobs Market, they are doing ok after that horrible fire.
    Well, nice to "meet" you, I am going to read some more of your journal now.
    Hey! It's always great to meet a local! Feel free to PM me for sure! When I buy beef it's over at Brady's or Vincenzo's. Brady's does grassfed but it comes in from PEI. Their prices are somehow better than Vincenzo's who have local grassfed. Vincenzo's is definitely the better cut of meat. Vincenzo's also has grassfed pork and if you talk to the butcher about the meat they are very well versed in where it comes from/how it was raised. Neither vendor are at the market though. Brady's was but you know how that turned out I guess! As far as chicken goes you can get free range in the summer over at the kitchener market- Can't remember the vendor's name. I usually head over to hilltop though at st. jacobs (not sure if you saw but they reopened over in peddlers village)- they do free run, drug free, but it is corn fed. Charlie's (2 vendors over from hilltop) also does well raised pork but they are also corn fed. Hope that all gets you to a good start!

@Tomi- not sure if I'm taking the cruise ship job yet. I have another prospect over at Manulife Financial (sounds boring I know, but it would be a great way to get out of debt so I can save up and go back to school). I'll have to see where God takes me on this one. Best I can do is apply around and pray. Celebrity X would not be a bad choice by any stretch don't get me wrong, but at the same time I'm thinking I want to move away from AV sooner rather than later because it is such a struggle to maintain as a full time career.

Went out to the movies with a group of people from church saturday night. Went to go see prisoners (well written, well directed, long as sin, there were no actual "prisoners" or theme of prison at all in the movie, one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen). Afterwards we headed out for dinner. Now I tend to be the wall flower, people around me think me as an extrovert but I am far from. I'm well interacted once I start talking to people but more often than not I just stay out of conversation. Saturday night though I somehow because centre of the table and centre of conversation. That never happens but was really cool to stretch out a bit. I had about 6 different people asking me questions and carrying conversation with me at the same time. Topic was views on Christian dating. It was something out of the norm for me and I'm great with that!

Feeling really good recently... physically I've been feeling more than optimal! Tones of energy, I wake up the moment my alarm turns on (for anyone who doesn't know, I have a light alarm. 30 minutes before my alarm makes a noise it turns on a dim light and every minute or 2 gets brighter and brighter, I've literally been waking up with minute one on my alarm), been very energetic during the day, my mind feels sharp (must be all of the reading I've been doing! Oh! I'm adding a sidebar about this after!), and my poops have been outstanding (TMI am I right?). I guess all of the worry and stress about not having work has subsided. I'm officially done in 2 weeks! Crazy I know! At this point I'm continuing to pray and network that I'm put in a good spot!

Ok, here's my quick sidenote about the reading! (this is a long post!). So I went to chapters on friday to buy the next book in the series I'm reading. In store the hard cover was a full 15$ more than the hard cover online, and a full 27$ more than the soft cover in store... that's bloody damn insulting is what that is! 38$ for a hard cover when the soft is 11? That's just a jerk move chapters...

Ok! post done!