Page 157 of 174 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1736

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 157

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing life right... if that makes any sense. Things really do feel at a stand still.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Makes perfect sense - I think we all feel that way at some point. You have to follow your heart - follow your passion. God put those in you for a reason - to help you find your way, your purpose and your direction. If cooking is your passion, then you must be true to yourself and pursue that goal - but don't let it give you tunnel vision. Many things can help us realize our dreams and passions. I think to do life "right" we just have to be open to the possibilities of things we haven't considered.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Ate as I normally would yesterday (2 meals- Breakfast BP coffee, and lunch/dinner was an omelet and a hash)... but felt really gassy after. The only thing I ate differently than normal is that I added yellow peppers to my hash. I don't tend to have nightshade issues (heck I eat tomato and sweet potato all the time) but the gasses were bad. They didn't stink for the most part but there was some definite buildup... I may try again and see what happens...
    Hi, I've not commented on your journal before, but I follow it off and on because of your awesome success (the goals you've met so far) and for the occasional photos of your cooking!
    I just recently learned about nightshades and so I want to tell you that sweet potatoes are NOT nightshades. If I may quote Wikipedia: "The sweet potato is only distantly related to the potato (Solanum tuberosum) and does not belong to the nightshade family." So you may rest easy there...
    And I'm rooting for you for the Celebrity job (if that's what you would really like). If I were younger and didn't have pets to take care of, I would consider working on a cruise ship. The hours might be long and the work hard, but scenery changes daily!
    Take care!
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

Good to know about the sweet potato! Thanks for the encouragement about the cruise ship job. It's mine for the taking now officially- hopefully january time line. Feel free to drop by more often!

Feeling much better today though I'm starting to gain a bit of weight the last few days - it might be in part by the Whisky event I did on sunday- I drank quite a bit between the ride up (limo) the tasting seminar and the ride home. But even the last few days I'm up by about 6lbs. Nothing's really changed so I wonder what's going on. Maybe it's time for a change?
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't sweat it. My weight still bounces around by that much. A day or so of the IF'ing brings it back down. Good news about the cruise ship gig! What an experience that would be! I have friends who were actors and dancers on one and though the pay wasn't good, the experience made up for it.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I have a friend who did that sort of gig where he was on the ship in order to dance with, talk to, and entertain single ladies, particularly older ones. Completely platonic and very old-fashioned actually. He was in his late fifties. He loved it but found it to be grueling! Did you say Celebrity? My sister has been on many of their cruises. I hope you will still keep up your journal, how fun it will be for us to hear about it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

@david my weight's been consistent for months though. Little concerned about the jump. As far as the ship goes I think it would be an amazing experience. That being said I'm also getting urges to find someone and settle down. I don't know if those 2 can co-exist.

@siobhan Yep! Celebrity X. I'll do my best to keep in contact if I head out in that direction

Made a fairly decent pulled pork yesterday- I actually used bone on pork butt chops (which didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped) but all in all it's still quite good. Pork, diced tomatos, diced onion, (fresh) pineapple chunks, and about a half cup of whisky all in a pressure cooker. It'll turn out better next time- not my first pulled pork per say and I only used the butt chops because I thawed them and then didn't really have time to cook them.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    @david my weight's been consistent for months though. Little concerned about the jump. As far as the ship goes I think it would be an amazing experience. That being said I'm also getting urges to find someone and settle down. I don't know if those 2 can co-exist.

God works in mysterious ways, Ecks! Perhaps the lady in your future is to be found on the Celebrity X???? Don't miss an open door opportunity. I have been on 3 cruises and have talked to many staff people who found their mate onboard the ship. That being said - go with your heart on this one. If there is no other opportunity presented why not give it a try? Do they lock you into a contract for a year or more? The hours are definitely long and hard -- but all the people we have talked to have no regrets for taking the job. If I were a single woman I would do it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

@tomi If there is nothing else to go to I'm definitely getting on a shop 6 months on 6-8 weeks off.

Making a decision now! With the exception of my paleoversary I am breaking up with my scale until spring!