Page 156 of 174 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1736

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 156

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    One of the local gluten-free bakeries makes a carrot cake that knocks your socks off - as good as any SAD carrot cake. Except of course for the sugar, it is actually primal. But not a good idea on a regular basis!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    @Sabine- Squash is one of my fave winter things to eat! Bake, scoop out, salt, cinnimon, butter then mash. Yum!

@drjoyus and @siobhan. I feel like the carrot cake could be used by modifying this brownie recipe.

Drink Your Carbs: Recipe: DYC Brownies

The concept is there you just need to add shredded carrots, walnut pieces, and maybe some shredded zucchini to keep it moist!

The creamcheese filling could easily be done with coconut cream, lemon, a bit of honey, an egg yolk, and some carrot juice.

I hadn't had bulletproof coffee since moving out of my parents place and back in this year. Decided to fire one up this morning because CS was talking about how he was drinking again. I feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my head. Oh how I missed this stuff!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Feeling uncomfortable in my cloths today... not the "I feel fat" uncomfortable so much as the "I feel like being naked" uncomfortable...

Ate as I normally would yesterday (2 meals- Breakfast BP coffee, and lunch/dinner was an omelet and a hash)... but felt really gassy after. The only thing I ate differently than normal is that I added yellow peppers to my hash. I don't tend to have nightshade issues (heck I eat tomato and sweet potato all the time) but the gasses were bad. They didn't stink for the most part but there was some definite buildup... I may try again and see what happens...
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Coll is offline Senior Member
    primalpalate.com has an awesome recipe for carrot cake - don't know how it compares to the kind of carrot cake you're talking about ... but we REALLY like it. It has ginger cream cheese frosting that is so divine

The gas sounds uncomfortable - wonder if it is the peppers or if it was the wind direction
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Bell peppers often do that to me - I love them, but I have to be careful. Red are safest for me, I don't dare eat green and yellow is iffy.

You know the 'bottoms up' thing, right? Kneel on your bed, put your head down so your bottom is sticking up in the air. Now try to fart - gently, gently. Even if you don't fart the pains should ease. Really undignified, but it works.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    What a funny mental image I have now!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

So I don't think I've mentioned it here yet but I have a prayer half answered- if I don't have a new job by january there is a job waiting for me on Celebrity X Cruises. Still looking for full time on land but hell I'll take a contract on a boat if there's nothing else for me

Edit- I should mention that it is an Audio internship and not a cooking job.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    A foot in the door! Even if its not in the right place - you could make friends with the Chef and maybe that will open another door! God's plans seldom go in a straight line.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea of you cruising around.

I just like the idea of a full time job