Page 154 of 174 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1736

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 154

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How terrible for the vendors! Although I am glad no one was hurt. Very sad, I hope some assistance will be given for a new start.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Well its been confirmed that insurance will cover the damages which is good. It's a multi million dollar business with thousands of visitors a week. All local economy. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rebuilt within 6 months. Too much financial opportunity to just sit around and wait.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

tomi is offline Senior Member
    that's awesome! Nice to know it will be up and running again by spring!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hey! Sorry for going quiet over the last few days. My boss' boss stole me for some actual real work on campus! Woo! Worked over time both days. My boss knows I worked over- don't think he knows I'm getting paid over. Oops

Things going ok over on my end. Still waiting for communitech to call back all in good time I'm hoping.

getting frustrated trying to cook at my parents (did I mention I moved back there 3 weeks or so ago?) it's a pain though because my fridge is in the basement. (Sidebar: I'm no longer in the basement but now in my childhood bedroom where at least it's not mouldy).

Updates to come! I'm hoping for communitech + a decemberish moveout date if I can.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Communitech isn't happening. A big part of me is freaking out. It's been over a year since I've started looking for work and I've had nibbles but no takers. 2 months until my contract is done.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry Ecks........... God has something better in mind!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

It's gonna happen - spend one day freaking out and then get back to the search.

I remember when you first started your temp job and now it is finishing - have we really been around here on the forum for that long? It's weird to think of how involved I've become.

Hoping for the best, as always!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I'm hoping for the best too. The cruise ship thing is moving along well at this point. (new-er prospect...) trying my hand wherever at this point.

Trying to use my recent anxieties to my advantage. I've taken up regular fasting (similar to David's Warrior diet but not quite).
    Essentially I've been fasting all day then eating a regular (though lately carnivorous) dinner at night. Some days (as a regular) I go to the coffee shop after work. Since the all day fast Ive been getting some gluten free treats to go with my coffee (whenever they have them). It's usually coconut macaroons. Yesterday and the day before I got spice chocolate creme brule. Delicious! I figure that while I'm stressed it's better to keep caloric intake down so that I don't shove it all into fat stores. Over the past summer my weight has gone from 243 down to 241 up to 245 then up to 250 since moving back to my parents a few weeks ago. I Weighed 250 on sunday and weighed in at 245 this morning so I'm hoping this regular fasting will bring me back down to a healthier weight again. I'll probably only keep it up for a few weeks. A part of it (I can't lie) is food budgeting as well. I haven't been grocery shopping since the market burned down (did I mention that the market burned down?!). I want to seek out the vendors at their farms but I'm also trying to stay concious of my gas usage (cost wise) while I'm uncertain of work.

Yes, we're hoping the market is back in business soon, what a tragedy! If my food co-op burned down I would be inconsolable.

Creme brulee is my all-time favorite dessert!

Are your parents cool with your eating habits?

My parents dont understand it. My mom takes offense because I won't eat what they eat.