Page 153 of 175 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 153

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So great to hear about your weekend! I think a few of us here are discovering that booze, even a small amount, has an unhappy effect of some kind. But as you have proved, a great time can be had without it. You are surely blessed with good friends and they, of course, are blessed with you. I will be praying for a good outcome to your job search!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ^ ditto
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    you guys are awesome!

Quick update: Job interview #1 didn't happen today. We are regrouping and trying again tomorrow.

Job interview number 2 is now scheduled for wednesday.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Monday is not a great day for interview anyway! I'm sure you will nail it tomorrow and Wednesday.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I hope so! My eyes are fully fixed on wednesday's interview more than today's. I want to stay close to home and honestly I think wednesday's job would provide a more stable target for the future. Granted today's interview would let me go do something fun and stupid. Both have their perks but at the end of the day I try to stay sensible with stuff you know?

If I get offered a job I want to stay honorable and offer my boss 2 weeks- but at the same time I honestly don't do any work here so the only reason why he would ask me for 2 more weeks is out of spite. What would you do? Offer it with the hope that he lets me go right away anyways or just walk out? Either way it doesn't make sense to be here for 2 more weeks except for maybe to finish my current book and possibly start the next one.

One last thing- made some sweet potato and beat puree yesterday (well it was more of a loose mash/chunky puree in the middle whatever). Absolutely delicious! Boiled beats and sweet potato. Once they were cooked I threw in raw shallots and garlic and let it sit for 2 mins. Drained the water, added 2 egg yolks, salt, pepper and a bit more garlic powder and I pulverized it with a wand blender. DELICIOUS! The egg yolks were because I had no cream but damn they did a good job of really filling out the texture. Made mouth happy
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

FWIW, here is my advice - stay honorable and offer two weeks, but maybe phrase it so that it is clear you would like to go right away.

That sweet potato and beet thing sounds delish! Will put that on my list - which is long already, but I am a hungry girl!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My advice is give your notice and work out your weeks if they want them. Doing the right thing is never a mistake.

Thinking of you, and hoping the right job comes to you soon.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    WOO WOO! Sounds like more exciting things going on in your life
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Hey all! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Been super busy with stuff (yes even at work. all of a sudden my boss hears about all of my job interview stuff and he decides to put me to work after a whole summer of reading and surfin the net ). Anyways long story short is that interviews went well. I've got round 2 for Just Crusin' next week and I was told by the manager at commuinitech that I will be hearing about scheduling round 2 next week for there as well. Good prospects going on.

I'll share more as more comes. I think I'll be emailing stratford chef and dropping soon. Even if I don't get one of these 2 other gigs I'm in no place to afford school

Sad day for my city- our farmers market burned down this morning. We have one other but this one was actually Canada's largest year round farmers market. Massive flames and absolutely heartbreaking for our community. I'm trying to contact my regular vendors to make sure everyone is holding up ok.

St. Jacobs Farmers' Market building burns down near Waterloo, Ont. - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News

There is a slideshow half way down the article showing what it is and what it was. If you start to search for st. jacobs in google today you get an immediate hit for "st jacobs market fire" in google's suggestions