Page 150 of 175 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 150

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yep, don't we all remember our first encounter with beets...I know I do! My first ex-husband actually took himself to the ER (he was at work when the evidence came to light.) I got a frantic phone call and on the way over I remembered...the beets. I got there and took the doc aside...all tests came to a halt. Actually, he was a pretty big hypochondriac.

We are praying for you, and God will provide. You know the saying - All good things come to those who wait - and work like hell while they are waiting.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    @David- You should have served them a beat and asparagus salad! If you really want to screw with them you get the colour and the smell!

@Siobhan Thank you (and really every one else on here too) for being so supportive. I'm hoping to see good things soon!

MC tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous and the works. Can't wait to see where all of this goes! This is the only place where I've really been talking about it. Here and with my best friends. Hopefully I'll be able to bring home good news!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

tomi is offline Senior Member
    happy thoughts and prayers for a successful MC audition! I know you'll do great!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

It will be a great experience and there is no failure. Just doing it is success. Enjoy all of it, relish every moment of the experience!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious to hear how it went!!!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What I really wish is that I could come eat the dish. Yum, yum! Hope all went well!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey! So I'm going to get semi lazy in that Alessandra asked about MC this morning and I gave her a really good answer... so I'm pasting it here!

It was an amazing experience! I was first to be pulled out of line for an interview when we were waiting to get into toronto IC. Got to talk about why I love food and a bit about paleo. My best friend came with me and was also pulled into my interview part way through. Once I got inside and checked in/photographed I was approached by the same girl who interviewed me outside (web content producer) who asked if I could wear a microphone the whole time so that she could capture room audio. Every 30 mins or so shed come over and do another interview with me. Once inside the plating room we had to each go to our assigned stations, pull out our Tupperware and prepare everything for plating but we weren't allowed to plate. We were given the 3,2,1 and 3 minutes to plate. Shortest 3 minutes of my life! All I could hear was tupperware lids flying, cutlery and plates clanking, and that's it! Know when you see people on tv plating in competition and their hands start shaking? That was my experience, didn't think it would happen to me. Once we were done plating we were swarmed by cameras and recorders doing interviews. We got to meet the taster (yes, only one) then we were told as to weather or not we had an interview with the producers. I didn't get one but it may be because I had a ton of content recorded of me already. Either way I'll find out soon. My buddy rusty is on the production crew for the show and is going to see if I made it any further. We were all told "If your number wasn't called it isn't the end of your journey it's just the end of your time here". I have no idea what the heck that means... Either way it was an amazing experience. The web content girl (who I found out this morning's name is "D" (or at least that's how Rusty spelt it to me). She was an absolute sweetheart and even got a recording of me walking out for the web. All of the content she does is making it online.

I was like a kid in a candy store during downtime. I went around (and was pretty much the only person who did) and checked out everyone else's plating, talked to the most amount of people, and actually interviewed people about what is on their plates and what food means to them.

Also! I got tones of questions and comments on my apron! My apron has a tuxedo print on it. Pretty close to the image below.

41xsQIAxEXL._AA300_.jpg

I got to share with them that I don't really dress up for work anymore because it's not really that kind of job and my apron allows me to go home and dress up after work. Stupidly enough I forgot to get a photo taken but once the web content is online I'll be able to show it off that way.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Fantastic! Can't wait to see the vids! We were all thinking about you all weekend.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had an awesome experience! I'm praying even more for you!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That sounds wonderful, Ecks. I'm looking forward to seeing you in action.