Page 15 of 174 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 15

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The cheese doesn't seem to have had any bad effects on me! Woo! Still a treat but it makes me happy. An old friend that I haven't seen or talked to since high school messaged me today- she runs a food blog and wants me to do a couple guest posts with the food I make starting with the steak sandwich! She says she gets a lot of traffic on the blog and tones of requests to do low carb/gluten free dishes but that because she is a "bread whore" (her words not mine) she has a hard time doing those recipes. I think it'll be a fun opportunity!

Was running a training session today at work- the client had actually made it a "lunch and learn" to try to attract her team to come to the training session as we are implementing new services at work. Anyways the lunch part of the aforementioned lunch and learn was pizza and pop. As the trainer of the session I think i was offered food 4-5 times by various participants. Didn't realize until today how much pizza really doesn't attract me; the crust is always the first thing I smell and honestly it may as well be drywall. It doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.

Swimming today was 50 laps. No record breakers there but it's still my second furthest distance (50 laps makes 1100 metres). Definitely proud of tonight!

Food!

Breakfast- Coconut milkshake- coconut milk, 3/4 cup blueberries, 5 strawberries, 2 TBSP of organic green and blacks cocoa (yes they make cocoa too! Comes in tin similar to the ones tetley uses for their tea) It was a quick and easy meal to make except for the problem that when i went to go drink it it was almost a solid! I didn't realize it until i was driving to work but no matter how much i tipped that cup upside down nothing came out. At a stoplight i was even shaking it up side down and nothin! Had to eat it with a spoon when I got to work- it was almost a jello consistency until i mixed it all up.

Lunch- Half rack dry rub ribs, 2 cups of mixed carrots celery and red peppers, 1 cup mixed raspberries and strawberries.

Dinner- Meatloaf (by far my best meatloaf so far!), 3tbsp of ketchup mixed with pesto for dipping, Big salad, 2 squares of lindt 99%
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Food for feb 24th (sorry it's late!)

Breakfast- 2 slices of bacon, 1 coconut milkshake (coconut milk, strawberries, 1 fozen banana, cocoa)

Lunch- Meatloaf, 2c veggies, 1 c strawberries

Dinner- Chicken and brussels sprouts (which for some reason I didn't like brussels sprouts as much this time as I did the last time I made them)
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Brussel sprouts are not so good if they get a bit overcooked, so one has to be careful steaming them. It's fun to cut them up in little pieces and stir fry them. Can you get them organic where you are? Here they are usually conventional, so I rarely get them, but I love them.

Do you freeze your bananas with or without the peel? Wondering how people do it. All I remember is getting frozen bananas covered with dark chocolate at the beach when I was little.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 02-25-2012 at 10:31 AM.

I most likely over cooked them. they were just in the pan with the whole chicken that I cooked. Usually i fry them with bacon pieces and onions.

These bananas were frozen months ago before I even started paleo because they had gone dark brown and would have been good for baking. I'm not planning on making the banana thing a habit but I would buy them fresh, cut them up, and throw them in a tupperware container in the freezer if I were to have it the way i wanted them.

Freaker is offline Member
    Great journal, Ecks. Congrats on your success so far. Good luck.
    Starting Weight - January 3, 2012 - 276.4 lbs
    One Month - February 3, 2012 - 260.8 lbs
    Two Months - March 3, 2012 - 253.8 lbs

Current Weight - April 3, 2012 - 246.0 lbs

My Journal

My new blog dedicated to creative writing and dark spirits

Thanks Freaker!!

Food for today

Breakfast: IF (literally forgot to eat before i left for the market)

Lunch: Steak and a bowl of Molokhia, 1 piece of lindt 90 and 2 of lindt 99

Dinner- Meatloaf, asparagus, big salad, 3tbsp of lebneh, 2 pieces of lindt 99

Now for those of you are asking what molokhia is the best way I can describe it is that it's a middle eastern leaf that's boiled into a soup. The result is a dark green almost slimy texture and I wouldn't have it any other way! I hadn't had it in forever because it's usually eaten with rice but my sister made some for me today and well i had to go pick up a couple packages of it from the middle eastern grocery store on the way home. If you ever can get your hands on these leaves message me and I'll pass along the instructions for cooking.

Exercise today

Shoveling

100 ASFT in 6:34

3x 10 pushups (I really need to work on these!)

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Molokhia sounds yummy. Trying to find it around here might be hard, but I'm on it. Wonder if the Indian store might have it. It'll be fun to search for it. Obviously can't get it fresh online:-)

Think I'll make a seaweed soup today and some chopped chicken liver later on. Have a super Sunday!
    Last edited by lopisheep; 02-26-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Hey Pam! The leaves usually come in frozen packages- I know, not very primal, but I couldn't resist. It's something I grew up with and it's fairly natural outside of the frozen leaf packages. (Butter, broth, leaves, garlic, cumin)

In at 290 today! Finally got my 2lbs in a week but what a tease! Looks like next week will read 280something if I have my way

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Well on on the loss!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    congrats on the loss ecks!! You are doing so great!!! I finally broke the 203 number this morning...202.4. I was sooooo relieved!! Hope you break the 290 number this week!!! I'll be rootin' for ya!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!