Page 149 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 149

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Been practicing my MC dish a couple times this weekend. Starting to get sick of it but it's only another week until auditions. Crossing fingers on making it awesome.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Getting stressed... very stressed lately. Feels like I'm hitting a wall and I don't know where to go from here. Prayers needed.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    We're with you, ecks. You know what? The way you are feeling is totally normal. All the stuff you've got going on, all the balls you've tossed up, big life decisions - and now something big is on the horizon and it's like you're having fun driving a fast car around a racetrack and all of sudden you realize you are going too fast...but you aren't. It is all going to work out and it will be good. Be grounded and be yourself!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Keep your mind focused on who's in control, Ecks! God has a plan and he is working that plan daily. Just stay open to the possibilities and put yourself out there!

Good things are coming!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Oh, my fella racer!!! I've tried to outgrow that dangerous activity, but it so much fun.
    I lived in north ATL, worked downtown, went down Peachtree, a zillion red lights, opportunity at every other one
    I never started it, but I did drive a little Porsche so I was asking for it from the young guys.. My dad loved speed, I blame it on him

I sure hope you can de-stress soon. Get some exercise, deep breathing and drink lots of water.. It will really help with your mood. I am praying for your peace of mind. That right there is our greatest de-stressor.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thinking of you, Ecks, and sending prayers your way. This is one of my favorite quotes, which may have no bearing on your situations, but I feel moved to share it.

"Act well at the moment, and you will have performed a good action to all eternity." -John Lavater

DCarr10760 is online now Senior Member
    Thinking of you Buddy! Stress makes us grow strong. Stay focused on what's most important!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I can relate to the stressed bit. Hang in there and do lots of deep breathing, walk outside and breathe the night air, look at the stars and remember who made you - He will bring it all together in His good time!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Thank you everyone for your encouragement! I talked some of it out with a friend yesterday and I think I'm coming to a point where I can learn to be at peace with some of the insecurities I'm dealing with.

In the midst of the stress yesterday I turned to an old food friend though, one from my childhood; Mr. Noodles. I'm sure at some point we've all had these cheap ramen noodles before. I enjoyed the crunch and the saliness but it didn't really hit any triggers... at least any positive ones. Within the hour after eating the pack (dry/raw of course as I did as a child) I was gifted with a searing headache that wouldn't go away with any amount of water or relaxation... It got worse throughout the day and I ended up going to bed early at 9:30 (though the texts of a pretty girl kept me half awake till 11:30 ). Woke up feeling good though! Took some time in prayer while walking into work today to just express the need to God to just give it up to him and wait for his timing. I'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

I was also blessed that my roommate recognized I was having a shitty day and made supper for both of us by himself (we usually cook together). Sous vide blade roast that he finished in a cast iron. Instead of a side he juiced some veggies! I've had 2 poops today and they've both been beat red. Mmm... Beats!

MC in 2 days!

DCarr10760 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mmmm Beets!

Once on a trip to Main with SWMBO and her parents (who I refer too as the "Outlaws"), we made dinner from fresh-from-the-garden beets and they were so good that we all really gorged. Next morning when I awoke and made use of the facilities, there was the evidence. The reaction with really fresh beets was pretty remarkable.

SWMBO's Dad came downstairs looking very concerned and I asked what was wrong and he said he didn't want to say anything about it, or make a big deal, but he suspected that something was very, very wrong with his digestion. I laughed and told him about the aftereffects of eating a lot of fresh beets and he was quite relieved. He had decided not to say anything about it to SWMBO's Mom, because she would go ballistic. Just then we heard a shriek, "I'm dying, I'm dying!!! Quick come up here and look at this!!!"

Apparently not everybody knows how beets color your world!

Glad you're feeling better!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230.5
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5