Page 148 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 148

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Cajun beef broth mushroom soup with whole cream, and grassfed butter. Topped with chicken breast stuffed with ham, goats cheese, and brocooli. Served with oven roasted tomato (roasted in olive oil and salt). Garnished with sprouts.

Has to be prepped ahead of time and brought with me. Plating there at room temp.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    That looks yummy. Make sure you can describe it with evocative words, not just 'good/fantastic/delicious'. Or 'yummy'.

Will do for sure!

Trying to walk down as many paths as possible in life right now- hoping to catch a snag and see what happens from there. I've got a job interview today but I'm not sure I'm really into this place. Hoping to hear from a different position (one I've mentioned before that's still in the making but *supposed* to be posted this week) and then MC in less than 2 weeks. God willing I'll find where I need to be soon. If not I've got school as a backup.

Did a chunk of butter with salt on top and MCT for breakfast this morning- drinking my coffee after. I always fast before an interview but I haven't been able to fast for a while now so I'm hoping I didn't shoot myself in the foot. Hopefully I'll be sucessful in my fasting.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You are going to be extremely impressive and they will love you!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    That food looks fantastic!

You've got a plan, another plan and a backup plan! Something's gonna drop for you soon!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

I'm hoping so! All in God's timing. I can try to control it all I want to but I don't feel like that will do me any good. At this point I'm setting up pathways and asking God for guidance as to which path I should be taking.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Really, I admire you so much. I've had a couple of friends who found themselves in the job market and they just basically curled up into fetal positions and didn't find even look until everything was a critical stage - debt, healthcare, relationships. You've done so many things and pursued your goals. Great stuff is going to happen for you!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks Siobhan! That really means a lot to me! I've been anxious to move onto bigger and better things and I'm a bit worried that nothing is coming my way. Your encouragement is definitely a good boost for me though It's definitely needed and very much appreciated!

So odd day yesterday. (Not to mention packed as ever!)

Left early from work to go up to my job intervew and somehow got involved in a street race on the way up to guelph. A group of guys in mom and dad's acura pulled up and insisted on racing me... they kept egging me on so to shut them up I dropped into second gear and sped off. Now keep in mind Tammikka is only a mazda 3 with a 2.0 litre engine so they must have been crappy drivers because they couldn't catch up to me until the next set of streetlights... and then I did it again. Technically I wasn't looking to race so much as to shut them up- they wanted to line up on a side street but I had better priorities than that. Made the drive to guelph shorter.

Got to my job interview 15 minutes early. Waited 10 mins tops for the interview to start. The lady interviewing me was the company's VP of Business Development. She was very well kept; firm handshake, blond hair tied back tight, proper business attire- the HBIC type - and she wasted no time. The interview was 15 minutes tops but not rushed so much as concise. She wanted to get in and out as efficiently as possible. I loved that. I wasn't planning on taking this interview seriously because of everything else I had going on until I got there. Posted on the front reception desk was a plack that read "Dogs welcome, people tolorated". The walls were white, a bright purple (I have no idea the name of the colour), and a limey green. It was actually a nice place. Really I just wanted the interview practice but it was so efficient that half way through I decided to take it seriously. And I did- I didn't really have much of a choice really. If they offered I might take it considering that I'm still waiting on CT to even post their position (in response to my meeting with the manager). Worse comes to worse if masterchef takes off then I'd quit- really that'd only be like a few weeks there but whatever. For now I'll pray and see what happens!

Posting food stuffs!

Sous vide rib on pork roast slow cooked with bacon and extra salt. After slow cooking the bacon was removed and the roast finished on high heat on the BBQ. The leftover juices from slow cooking were used to make bacon gravy! Finished with thyme.

1001384_10153057311335117_648775294_n.jpg
    Last edited by ecks; 08-02-2013 at 07:56 AM.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OMG! That looks fantastic!!!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5