Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 14

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So this mornin I ate out of necessity. I figured the best way to get my hunger going again was a nice high fat breakfast. So here goes food for the day

Breakfast- Chunk of summer sausage. Coconut Milkshake- Coconut milk, 1 cup mixed blueberries and raspberries, 1 fozen banana, ice

Lunch and dinner- Half rack of ribs at each, big salad at each, pesto mixed with ketchup for dipping at each.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure that was necessity? Just teasing.

Your coconut shake sounds delicious.

Do you make your own pesto?

I'm calling it necessity because something was telling me that the hunger was a mental block and not a bodily block. I don't think it's healthy not to want to eat for a whole day. I cheated this morning and checked the scale. Down another half lb. I think my body just needed that extra boost. The shake is awesome! I forgot to mention adding Green and Blacks Organic Cocoa. And presto! here's the recipe for pesto Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe | Simply Recipes

It's a holiday in canada... made up one if I ever heard about it. "Family day". If I'm not mistaken this is only our third.

Breakfast- Coconut milkshake- 1/2 can coconut milk, strawberries, blueberries, organic cocoa, ice. Bacon with guacamole

Lunch- probably going to be "out" with my parents and sister. I haven't done the "out" thing in a while so I'm going to have to learn to paleofy whatever i get or maybe get a salad and just ask for olive oil dressing.

**update- absolutely nothing at the restaurant looked appealing. they seem to smother everything in a sauce or gravy (it was a diner). So i skipped lunch

Dinner- Zuchinni spaghetti, sausage, big salad

Dessert- some belgian dark chocolate, few walnuts
    Last edited by ecks; 02-20-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Breakfast- 3 slices of bacon, 1 egg, couple slices of red peppers

Lunch- 2 pieces of chicken (Drums), leftover zucchini spaghetti (sauce is all done!), 1 cup berries, 2 cups mixed veggies

Dinner- 2 pieces of chicken (Drums), small salad (well half a large salad... was running short on time), 1 piece of 90% lindt dark chocolate, 2 pieces of 99% lindt dark chocolate (2 pieces of 99 are about the same if not smaller than 1 piece of the 90)

Team really brought it tonight dodgeball wise. We had no subs tonight because 3 of the girls couldn't make it. We had a friend of one of the other players come to fill the missing hole on the team (min 6 on the court); REALLY CUTE! and I really wish i had more time to talk to her. Oh! I played barefoot tonight! I don't think I'm going back to wearing shoes for dodgeball- not even my barefoot runners

So, make time to talk to her:-)

I'm picturing you in Hawaii playing dodge ball on the sand barefoot! And you're in the north where it might snow any minute. OK. I have a vivid imagination. Always wanted to go to Hawaii though. My grandmother spent every winter there -- when I was in school :-( so I never got to go:-(

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Well, hopefully she'll be back! Good on the barefoot stuff. I'm waiting until I can get some Vibrams to exercise consistently that way.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

New Balance does a barefoot shoe with vibram that doesn't have the toes but it's still the same thin soul and flat architecture. May be a better way to go.

I'm kinda hoping she'll be back too! Girl had spunk and was in general a lot of fun to play with!... phrasing I know... but you all know what I mean

So the season of lent is upon us! The 46 days leading up to easter that christians observe starting today (Ash Wednesday) and concluding easter sunday. A fast is observed during these 40 days (the 6 sundays are not observed in the fast as they are considered days of rest and celebration) that is traditionally a fast containing no animal product (essentially a vegan diet). Well in previous years that I've observed this I've reverted to a diet of grain, fruits, vegetables and nuts- yes I'm afraid a lot of CW started in the Bible. Well since I'd be down to just fruits and vegetables if I observed the traditional fast and we all know how much a role meat plays in proper hormonal growth I decided to take a more modern take and give up something that I hold near and dear to me: Laziness.

Essentially for the season of lent I plan on taking a 30+ minute walk on all days where I don't have scheduled exercise. In addition to giving something up in order to feel a bit of a loss (reflective of but not comparable to christ's death) part of Lent I feel is about a bodily cleanse to prepare for a spiritual cleanse. I started with a 50 minute walk today; i probably could have shaved 10 minutes off if it wasn't so icy out.

Food!

Breakfast- Small to medium sized steak, 3 small pieces of bacon, red peppers. 2 squares of lindt 99%

Lunch- Half rack of dry rub pork ribs, 2 cups mixed green pepper and carrots, 6 massive strawberries (bout 1 cup)

Dinner- Steak sandwich- 2 thinly sliced pieces of sirloin steak, goat cheese, tomato, roasted red pepper, spinach and frank's red hotsauce for dipping!

Dessert: 1 square of lindt 90%

***Edit: I should mention that a) the "Double Down" ain't got nothin on me! and b) this is seriously the best thing I've ever eaten!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Goat cheese makes everything better! I think adding a bit more dairy into my diet will be my reward when I hit the 160-pound mark (my half-way point).
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wow. That would be nuts, vegetables, and fruits for a strict primal Lent, right? I mean, you don't even get much olive oil. Of course, primals could think they were giving up grains, sugars, processed vegetable and nut oils, nightshades, starchy vegetables, processed foods, etc. etc. Hmm!

I'm going to stick with vegetables, fruit, goat dairy, and olive oil for awhile. Meat did NOT work last night. I literally forced it down! My body is saying no meat for whatever reason. Someone in the house will cook it and I get nauseous. I never got nauseous even when I was a strict vegetarian / vegan.

I always thought Ramadan (29-30) days would be really hard. No eating or drinking between sunrise and sunset, I believe. Going without liquid would mean 29-30 days of headaches for me.

I remember celebrating Yom Kippur one year. I went without water and got the worst headache I've ever had. I couldn't even eat when it was time to again.

You're not really lazy. Those beautiful meals you prepare certainly take some time! It's just that all things don't interest you. Extra walking sounds good. If only you could teleport to a Hawaiian beach during your walk.
    Last edited by lopisheep; 02-23-2012 at 10:25 AM.