Page 134 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 134

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey! If I had that kind of precision I may change my stance on this whole target business!

So I'm trying something else with my sleep... and by something else I mean I'm removing an ingredient- honey. Both CS and I are trying to go without honey this week... First night didn't go so hot but I'm going to give it it's solid week.

CS bought the rubber grounding matt off of the earthing site- the one that is intended for computer work stations- it's changed the way he sleeps for the better. I'm thinking next time I have the spare cash I may follow suit.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    So does he use it at work?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lol no he's put it on his bed! It's surprisingly thin and surprisingly soft. Says it feels kind of nice on his feet and keeps his feet warm (even though his feet are on top of it)
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Now that's an idea - the computer mat is much cheaper, isn't it? Is that why he bought it instead of the sheet?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Few reasons- 1) It's cheaper... as in 1/3rd the cost. And 2) most reviewers were saying that after 6 months and some regular washing (a few noted twice a month in the washer as it is supposed to be machine safe) their sheets stopped working. At least with the rubber mat you could just wipe it down and you're good to go and it doesn't attract/absorb smells the same way material would.

Feeling on fire today! I feel damn good! Finally have some consistent sun! Second night going Honey-less but still taking my other library of supplements before bed. Woke up bright and early and feeling GREAT! Now I just gotta find a job and a gal and I'll be set

Doing dinner with some friends last night in a bit of a rush. We were going to see a movie. Decided to make wings because I could bake them while getting ready to go out and CS did the sauce. He didn't have any butter around his place so he used ghee as the base for the wingsauce... FANFREAKINTASTIC! It makes a way better base than butter because all of the water and milk solids have already been evaporated and it coats the wings way better then butter based sauces do! Happy with the new discovery, my wings are forever changed!

I had noticed the bad reviews for the sheet, also the price seems outrageous to me. I mean, of course people need to earn money and deserve to get paid for their work and goods, but yikes! Maybe I'll try the mat. I keep thinking I can make one of my own for almost nothing. I was looking at the website and noticed the EKG electrodes...hmmmmm...I can get loads of those, and I don't even have to steal them, we discard them after awhile and also if we feel the outside of the package is contaminated. But the computer pad looks like a good deal. Does he sleep with his bare feet on it? It doesn't have to be plugged in?

bare feet yes. plugged in yes.

I use this: Amazon.com: Belkin Anti-Static Wrist Band with Adjustable Grounding: Electronics

Clipped onto the grounding wire of an electrical cord with the + and - prongs removed (so I don't get electricuted)

10$ + plus an old 3 prog electrical cable.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Would you mind showing some pics of how you set that up? A tutorial?
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Hey Kalli, I'll take a few pics tonight when I get home and post them here tomorrow.

Enough people have asked about this so I'm posting it here pre-blog post

2013-05-17 10.09.40.jpg

I chose this strap because it's got a button snap detachable wire.

2013-05-17 10.09.48.jpg

Clipped the strap to the green wire in an old power cable that I stripped. Green is always ground. Make sure you also clip the white and black cables, separate them, and put electrical tape over them.

2013-05-17 10.10.06.jpg

Break off or bend the + and - prongs at the other end of the power cable. It is dangerous to have them plugged in at all even if you've separated the white and black cables

2013-05-17 10.10.29.jpg

This is it clipped to my wrist. I put it on my right wrist because I found it more comfortable there. I normally clip it to the back of my wrist. What you can not see from the photos is that because of the button snap the strap swivels freely and comfortably reducing the amount of tugging. What you also can not see is that the wire between the strap and the alligator clip is coiled like a phone cord but provides little tension and tones of space to move around.

2013-05-17 10.11.07.jpg

If I ever have to get up in the middle of the night for anything (pee... ) I can detach myself, do my business and snap myself back in... No playing with the velcro strap.

Note: I kept the alligator clip on instead of stripping the wire and twisting it with the old power cable so that I can use the grounding strap for electronic work. If you decide to make one of these feel free to clip the clip (cut the clip?) twist the wires together after you've stripped some of the plastic coating off and tape over with electrical tape. If you're comfortable with soldering I'd solder them before taping them.

Good luck!