Page 129 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1736

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 129

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It could have been anything - or nothing - but at least you don't feel too bad. What did the parents think of your meal? It looks great, as always.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

"I'm trying, Hank. I'm trying." - Siobhan

ecks is offline Senior Member
    They tried it and liked it. I made it primarily for myself but did offer them some and they shared a small plate. The only problem is is that when I feed people I like feedback (for future restaurant purposes). When I feed them though they don't really have a taste for food if that makes sense so everything I make them is "perfect" (there words not mine) and their answer is essentially useless to me.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

One user on /r/paleo suggested that it's a possibility that it was just too much liquid fat all at once. I did have olive oil as an initial dressing and then used the left over fat/juices that the cooked components were cooked in (bacon fat, sausage fat, and red wine vinegar) as a dressing over top of the entire salad as well... and there was quite a bit of liquid fat and I'm thinking it is possible that it was too much.

Either way it was FREAKIN DELICIOUS and I have zero regrets...
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Yessss! The return of food pron!

Query, is a BP fast just drinking BP all day or just until the afternoon?

Sorry to hear about the rain man, but at least it wasn't Purple and didn't make Doves Cry!!! Should I stop or keep going?

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    @siobhan Even if the cat did kick it over it would be less likely to break if it wasn't at the edge of the counter.

So experimenting with a few things lately - I blame dave asprey...

The first- Back on bulletproof coffee- taking about 2 tbsp of butter and I'm eyeballing 2 or so tbsp of mct (though I think I got a little overzealous this morning and put closer to 3tbsp in). This is my 4th morning doing BP coffee and my second doing a full BP fast. Feeling great!

The second- I'm trying to "hack" my sleep (as david puts it). The first step- raw honey and MCT oil before bed. Raw honey because the claim is that it will go straight to your liver and that's the easiest place for your brain to get glycogen from (to run sleep cycles). And MCT to keep ketones up so that you don't lose fat burning abilities. We'll have to see how it all goes but after 2 nights of sleeping I feel quite nice!

Dinner yesterday- the first photo worthy thing I've done since being at my parents. Wish I had more herbs but it still tasted amazing and still photo'd well.

Tomato salad with feta, fresh cilantro, fresh thyme, challots, parsley, olive oil, and pink salt. Topped with fried Chorizo, Bacon, whole garlic pieces, and shallots and finished (in the pan) with red wine vinegar.
    Attachment 11433

Great meal but I ran into a problem. Something in the meal made me sick... now I don't mean bloaty... I mean like chocolate rain. At no point was there discomfort at all but there was almost no consistency in my movements and I've had 4?5? since that meal at 6pm last night. I have no idea what it would be. I've had all of those ingredients before- granted I've never eaten an entire garlic bulb in one sitting before.
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

I think he/she was right. That makes a lot of sense. Rings a bell with me, I think I did something like that once. Nothing wrong with a good clean out once in a while.

I know what you mean about the parents. I attribute my own cooking skills, whatever they may be, to the fact that I had a dear friend who thought I was a great cook and could give proper feedback. And I really trusted him and knew that he could help me be a better cook. Stuff like - It tasted great but the texture was a too coarse. Cut the onions into smaller pieces. Too much onion. Not enough onion. That was so useful and I was really able to learn. Now that I cook only for myself I am afraid that my cooking is too idiosyncratic and I'm afraid to cook for anyone else!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Well, I for one am quite convinced we would all love your cooking
    Think about the feel of looser shirts
    Keep it simple
    Eat really tasty food

@sugarbare BP Fast is a BP coffee in the morning (low toxin organic coffee, and a 1:1 of MCT oil and butter) in place of breakfast. You may fast through lunch or eat at lunch depending on what you are looking for fasting wise.

@siobhan I'm sure if the two of us got into the kitchen we could make something great together

@pam Thanks! I'm moreso wanting to grow my cooking ability though. I know it's there but I want to experiment with new things too

No BP coffee today... There's a crack in my blender cup (which I discovered when I went to go flip it on the base) made a coffee mess everywhere. Needless to say no bp fast today and I was late for work. Breakfast was 2 tbsp of mct and a chomped on a chunk of butter.

Been looking at this lately:
    Amazon.com: Half Sheet Kit: Health & Personal Care

Got to thinking... If being grounded and removing electrons from my body would help me sleep then I should look further into it. Instead of buying one of those though I did a DIY version and gave it a go. Bought a 10$ grounding strap and cut up an electrical cable. Removed the + and - parts of the plug at the receptacle end and stripped some of the wire at the ground end. Clipped the grounding strap to the ground and plugged in the cable. Over all sleeping with the strap around my wrist wasn't bothersome. It has a quick release for if/when I have to get up and pee but it didn't bother me. I slept better than I have most nights but I didn't feel like I got deep sleep. I'll give it a go for a few more nights. Then sleep a few nights without and see if it's worth it.

I'm really interested in this sort of thing - I bought the Earthing book a while ago. I would definitely go with a DIY like you did, the product is way too much money and has way too many bad reviews. I live on the second floor, so I would have to plug it into a grounded outlet. Must get going on this...another improvement to my sleeping cave.

Sleep experament is going well... so well that I'm actually starting to blog about it. Posts won't come out for a while though. Want to have a mini series ready. Still also need to figure out of I'm putting it on my joint blog with CS or if I'm putting it on my personal blog. Yes it has a name, no it doesn't have any posts. When the decision is made I'll let you guys know.

So far the DIY grounding is working well! Combined it with raw honey, MCT, and new for last night- Magnesium Citrate. Freakin dave asprey has me on a sleep hacking bender but I'm loving it! Last night was night 3... I keep adding new things every night to improve my sleep and I've gotta say it's going well... This morning was the first time since moving in with my parents that I've woken up before the noise on my wake-up light alarm clock... heck... I woke up while it was at a brightness of 8 out of 20! But I did take the extra time to relax in bed...

Oh! Sidebar... someone tried to break into my car last night... second time this has happened in my parents neighbourhood... At midnight my dad hollers down the stairs to let me know my alarm is going off. I sprang up the stairs body fully awake, brain still half 3/4 asleep with my keys to deactivate the alarm so I wouldn't wake up the whole street. The remote wouldn't work... Ran outside in my sleep attire (aka boxers and nothing more) to my car across the street and the remote still wouldn't work. Had to put the key in the lock and turn it to turn the alarm off. Start heading back to bed and I feel something sticky at my toes... I had gouged my toe on my parents extremely sketchy walkway to the door on the way back in. I could only recall this after I felt the blood... semi clean the wound put a sock on in place of bandages, strapped on the grounding strap and went back to bed. Odd thing is that these sleep remedies are working so well that I passed out and slept right through the night. Even skipped the obligatory pee breaks I usually encounter in the middle of the night. All in all I think it's working

In the morning I got a better look at my toe... there's a piece of meat missing going right under my toenail! Looks awesome but gross... after my shower the chunk of toe meat that had dried and shriveled up had re-hydrated so I cut it with scissors... pretty picture indeed!

2013-05-03 07.06.34_Resize.jpg

Re-kindled my love for a paleo safe fast food joint in town this week... "BurritoBoyz". Haven't been there in forever because it never freakin clicked to me that I could get it without the tortilla. Went on monday with CS and went back twice yesterday-once for solo lunch since I didn't have my bp coffee in the morn and once for supper with my sis. I didn't plan on the second one but I was supposed to be doing dindin with my sis and she posed the question "ever heard of burritoboys"? To which I responded "Had it for lunch but I'm down to do it for dinner!"... I swear it was a sign... Damn that stuff is good!

Got my bulletproof coffee back in hands today and happy to have it! I'm feeling damn good today!

PrimalCon New York
    So BIG news! ... That I won't share now... I know... I'm a tease like that.

In other news the sleep experiment has turned into a 3 and possibly 4 part blog post + an instructional (on the DIY grounding strap)... this will also not be posted for some time...

Really I realize that I came to do a journal entry and came to the conclusion that I can't share anything. Oh well! It's been typed it's being posted!