Page 128 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 128

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your accomplishment is amazing no matter what the number! But I understand how cool it is to actually SEE the number. How are things going with the 'rents? Are you all moved in?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    It will happen. It will happen. It will happen. 12 pounds is so close and so annoying. Your hibernation theory sounds quite reasonable to me. I am also curious about the move and just wishing it could be more joyous. That will come. Yes, I think May is going to be a good month. I hope it will be a good month for the whole world. Maybe a whole month with no crazy tragedies anywhere. That's my prayer.

Hey, is your background Lebanese? I forget. I listened to some incredible Lebanese singers and started thinking of you. Hmmm!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Things with the parents aren't bad. They are trying to be parents again though which is frustrating. Even more annoying is that they've started cooking using my organic/more expensive ingredients like grassfed butter and whatnot hoping I would eat with them... I had to bring down any ingredients that I left in their kitchen back downstairs to my own fridge -_-'.

@Pam Background is Egyptian though I am first generation born in Canada.

I forgot to mention- I started culturing my own kefir yesterday. Checked on it this morning and it's definitely looking chunky... I did make the mistake though of curing it in a glass bottle... I'm starting to see that it could be an issue trying to get the grains out of the narrower bottle neck... I'll have to see when I get home tonight. It's getting around a 30 hour culture- I think that should be plenty!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Home grown kefir, so cool!

Once upon a time, a boyfriend (hate that term - he was a grown man) used a handful of my Fleur de Sel to salt pasta cooking water. He never did that again.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, I think that would drive me a little nuts if my parents did that with my stuff too. I don't blame you for moving it. Just hang in there. Hugs
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

@sibhan I've never had flower salt... What makes it so bad?

@alessandra Thank hun. The support is always appreciated

So the kefir turned out well! At least the right consistency! It tasts as kefir should but I couldn't get a proper taste last night because it was still warm. I put it in the fridge after straining it last night so I'll let everyone know how it is tonight!

Did anyone catch Dave Asprey's live broadcast last night? It was quite good- odd thing with it is though that he was feeding information of past diets that I've tried in combinations. Raw honey before bed, testosterone creams, etc. It was quite fascinating. Odd thing is is that I just started drinking bp again on the weekend and got the email for his seminar yesterday morning.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Fleur de Sel is wonderful stuff, salt crystals harvested from the surface of sea water crystalizers. Very clean and delicate - and extremely expensive. Like $40 a pound. It's just for sprinkling on top of a steak or fruit or something really fantastic. NOT for throwing into pasta water. I still haven't quite gotten over that! Just cuz he had no business in my kitchen. Another time he broke a salt container that my grandmother had used for 50 years before she gave it to me 40 years ago. And that was after I told him twice not to leave it on the edge of the counter...he tried to blame it on the cat! Yeah, he's history now.

@siobhan Even if the cat did kick it over it would be less likely to break if it wasn't at the edge of the counter.

So experimenting with a few things lately - I blame dave asprey...

The first- Back on bulletproof coffee- taking about 2 tbsp of butter and I'm eyeballing 2 or so tbsp of mct (though I think I got a little overzealous this morning and put closer to 3tbsp in). This is my 4th morning doing BP coffee and my second doing a full BP fast. Feeling great!

The second- I'm trying to "hack" my sleep (as david puts it). The first step- raw honey and MCT oil before bed. Raw honey because the claim is that it will go straight to your liver and that's the easiest place for your brain to get glycogen from (to run sleep cycles). And MCT to keep ketones up so that you don't lose fat burning abilities. We'll have to see how it all goes but after 2 nights of sleeping I feel quite nice!

Dinner yesterday- the first photo worthy thing I've done since being at my parents. Wish I had more herbs but it still tasted amazing and still photo'd well.

Tomato salad with feta, fresh cilantro, fresh thyme, challots, parsley, olive oil, and pink salt. Topped with fried Chorizo, Bacon, whole garlic pieces, and shallots and finished (in the pan) with red wine vinegar.
    946521_10152761235855117_528848718_n.jpg

Great meal but I ran into a problem. Something in the meal made me sick... now I don't mean bloaty... I mean like chocolate rain. At no point was there discomfort at all but there was almost no consistency in my movements and I've had 4?5? since that meal at 6pm last night. I have no idea what it would be. I've had all of those ingredients before- granted I've never eaten an entire garlic bulb in one sitting before.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    I always pick tomatoes as the culprit It's a nightshade Yes, I know. It's not what caused it for you. But it's nice to have someone to blame. It can't ALWAYS be our fault.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's the thing is that I'm a regular tomato eater... Heck- cherry tomatos are one of my fave snacks (granted these were hot house). I'm on my 6th? "cleanout" but again it's not uncomfortable.