Page 124 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1736

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 124

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    YAYAYAYAY! I'm glad to read that you had a good weekend Everyone needs a weekend like that. I'll be praying for your family life with your parents.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    The dinner wasn't terribly unpaleo after all! That being said I found it a bit of a letdown. Both dinner and dessert ended on a low note. The last entree for dinner was squab with a roasted carrot and a spicy dark chocolate mole- sounds good except for that the flavor profiles weren't there and the squab was over cooked- the first 4 entrees were much better.

Dessert was much the same- the first dessert was absolutely delicious but the second dessert was aweful... and even worse is that the flavor of desert made my espresso taste gross (I was enjoying the espresso before dessert came and it definitely ruined it once I started eating the second dessert)

High points of the meal- Ceviche; a raw shrimp in lemon; sous vide egg with dried oyster, seaweed and mustard

Those were the best for me. All in all it was a good experience but not quite work the scratch they were pulling for it.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Your weekend sounds wonderful. Good for you, too, for taking a casual encounter to the next level. Human connections are what it is all about.

So I'm giving kefir a go. CS started drinking it about a week ago and has commented on how much better his stomach feels and how much more regular he is. I'm regular as it is but I figure that it's worth a go to see if I can see any differences.

First time I tried the stuff was 3 years ago or so? And I thought it was nasty. But CS handed me a half glass on the weekend and I quite enjoyed it! Tastes like lebneh!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I consume kefir on a regular basis. I scored some made with raw goat milk a couple of days ago and have a bit every day. It is sweet for the bowels, even if you don't have any problems, there is always room for improvement.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    If you like it, I'll expect your great lebneh recipes. It's easy to make and basically strained yogurt. Your mom and dad would get a kick out of it if you made it there, I bet

Coll is online now Senior Member
    I swear by kefir. I made it for years - need to get some grains again to start that up again. I always have a bottle of it in the fridge and if you ever feel as though your stomach is upset or you have diarrhea coming on, plenty kefir will kick the bugs butt! My kids have never had a stomach bug and I am sure it is as a result of the kefir they have drunk since babyhood. Any time anyone has a tummy ache kefir is poured and all is well!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Kefir is the only thing in my parents fridge that I have right now. I'm actually ok with it! I had to explain to my parents that it may come in a milkish looking container but it's not milk and that if they go to try it and it pours thick it hasn't gone bad that's just the way it is. Because they've never heard of it they refused to try it.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I can relate - I can't even imagine getting my mom to try it! I love it. I am regularly around people who are suffering from stomach bugs bad even to be hospitalized, and virtually all of my co-workers get felled by it. I of course protect myself with proper hygiene and precautions, but I always down kefir and kombucha and I think that makes all the difference.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Haven't your parents had lebneh? It's part of your culture Cultural deprivation, here! Meat as well, yes? Isn't your parents' background food just stuffed with primal goodies? Like larger servings of that stuff and less of the delicious breads, grains, and lentils? They might not notice. Yes, I know. I'm talking of a perfect world where you are in charge of the shopping and cooking as your contribution to the group. If you could be in charge of people's eating, the world would be a better place -- and G-d knows, this world needs a lot of work. OK. I'm starving just thinking about your food, and noon is a looooong way away!