Page 123 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1736

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 123

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Don't look like the icon but definitely not looking much different then the September update All in good time though.

There is a thin coat of ice EVERYWHERE this morning. I got to experience something that I remember from my childhood but haven't seen since I was maybe 6? 7? the ice is so thin and so smooth that when I put my windows down in my car there was a thin sheet of ice in place of the window. Smashed through part of one to take this photo: Just so you can see what I really mean.

2013-04-12 07.53.54.jpg

It's nice out for the most part though. I love the rain and I love slippy driving.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Very cool! We get that here in Maine a lot. It rains, the temp drops just a little and bam! Everything is encased.

When I first started out, I lost quite a bit, bought a new pair of pants for a ridiculous amount of money to reward myself, and wore them maybe 3 times before I could take them off without unbuttoning the waist. Good problem to have, but I shouldn't have spent so much. Also, they didn't look good baggy, they just weren't cut properly to wear really, really loose. I hope whoever bought them at the thrift shop is getting a lot of use out of them!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Your are so lucky, ecks. We used to have snow in our part of Washington -- but not anymore. We wait all winter, get a little light stuff that doesn't do anything and then the seasons change. Humph!

@sibhan It's an expensive problem to have! But it tells you that you're doing well.

@pam no snow!?! That makes me kind of sad... I love the snow... Just wish it would get the hint come april that it's overstayed it's welcome.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Yeah, we're getting an ice storm right now! I just fired up the woodstove.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    That's pretty cool looking ecks. It's warming up here again and the spring wind is right there with that. I laugh when I look at TWC because they consider it windy when it reaches like 20mph, but just under it isn't. Tell me that again when I'm driving, lol!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Happy to read your good news, ecks! Good luck on your new challenge!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Hey All! Amazing weekend!

Friday night I did a 3 part night with my buddy- Dinner out (Ribs, Wings, Sweet potato fries- not 100% terrible but not quite paleo), watched the original The Evil Dead at his place, then went and saw Evil Dead (the remake) in theaters. Bloody amazing- pun definitely intended!

Saturday started some packing to move, finally got the dresser out of my car (it was taking up my trunk and back seat since tuesday!) and went to my best friend's place for dinner. Duck, asparagus, carrots/pearl onions/challots roasted in duck fat, sweet potato fries double deep fried in pig fat- delicious!

Sunday I was volunteering at the church. I was supposed to be "training" on their audio console but they left me to it after first service (total of 4 services) because they could see that I was fine on my own. Tones of complements on the mix and an all around amazing experience! Worship while mixing is always fun but to mix for a group of 750 or so (well 4 groups with the biggest being approx 750) is just a whole other spiritual rush! Napped in the middle of the day then went back and did tech for sunday nigh service as usual (pick up gear from the church, set it up in an uptown pub, and we do service at that pub)

And it all just gets better- Today (and yes I know it's april 15th) we've officially started with our first all sunny all warm day of the season. We haven't seen the sun yet without rain, clouds, hail, or snow yet this year- and trust me it did all of that over the weekend itself!) It's + 19 degrees C out today and gorgeous! Spring has finally defeated the nasty winter. Bring on the month of rain! Great day at work so far- had to wander out of the way for something and got stopped by a hippie who (just in passing) complemented me on my attitude. I said thanks and took a few steps forward before stepping back and deciding to introduce myself to him. He asked if I had a few minutes to chat and ended up taking me through this freaky yoga meditation exercise. I turned it into a prayer to christ of cleansing and forgiveness. Made for a killer way to start the day.

Off to colbourne lane tonight for a reunion of 7 amazing chefs. They are doing a 7? course tasting menu. They don't tell you what's on it and it costs 120. No doubt there will be some non paleo food on the menu but DAMN if every review I've read about them has glorified this groups flawless execution. So excited!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    One fantastic weekend you had. WTG. Keep it up. I must say, you take forever to move. I think you must not like moving. I'm more the get up at 4 a.m. and do it until it's done. Your way, is probably healthier and your weekends definitely more fun.

I'll bet the dinner isn't too terribly un-paleo. I have found that the better the restaurant, the less grains/sugar/beans/etc are served. Says a lot about our food supply! And I'll bet you won't find a bottle of canola oil anywhere nearby. They'll use duck fat, avocado oil, walnut oil, etc. It's depressing and happy at the same time.

Moving...less said the better.

You reminded me that years ago someone taught me an exercise to do when I felt that negative people around me were stealing my energy - it is actually nice active meditation/prayer. I'll do that when I get to work tonight.