Page 12 of 175 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 12

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Analog6 -- So good to know about marbled beef. Really hard to get grass fed here -- well, if you can pay $20.00 / lb., it does exist! I can get Whole Foods beef for less -- mostly pastured, but I'm almost thinking grass fed cheese and yogurt and butter might work better for me. Found a site for pastured "bacon" with no sugar but they're out right now.

You used to run cattle, eh? My grandfather ran Angus -- no grains there -- just lots of grass -- but that was ages ago. Wondering if grass fed dairy is better for me than partially or totally grain fed beef. Still working on this. Didn't know how lucky I was on my goat farm. Had cashmeres, but there was always meat too -- although we did feed them a tiny bit of oats every day along with pasture and alfalfa hay.

Hoping this is the year we all lose lots of weight and feel better about our bodies. Your birthday could be pretty darn exciting in May.

2/15
    Clay
    D3, cod liver oil
    Bacon and zucchini with yogurt on top.
    Lunch:
    Dinner:

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    And I am overjoyed to find someone else who is swimming! I started swimming in mid August last year and some days recently have done 50 laps (50 m pool), in a day, albeit in 2 sessions. When you think that when I started I had trouble with 2 laps of kickboard it makes you realise just how well this way of eating works.
    Welcome analog6!! Yeah! I absolutely love swimming now. I was only doing 13-14 laps of a 30 metre pool before almost passing out when I first started so the 48 (in a 22m pool) last week was a nice jump. I'm limited to 50 minutes in the pool so that's averaging about a minute per lap or so.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Noticed something that really lets me know about caffeines bad effects on me. After quitting caffeine a few days ago I noticed that I'm still extremely hungry after meals even to the point where when I was eating at home last night I just had to call it "quits" when I felt like I had enough and ignored my bodies cries for more nourishment. Looks like I'm starting the reset from scratch but I think I'm ok with it. It only got 1 fair week before I bombarded myself with unneeded coffee. It was hard to stop eating last night (Huge salad and just over a pound of wings), I was left with some mad hunger pangs but I just had to let it go.

Dodgeball went well last night! Some of my best dodging so far! Our team is getting much better as well though we still don't stack up against most of the teams in the league (most of them being together for more than 3 years) but I guess that's why we named our team "Underdodge" All in all quite happy playing just for the fun of the sport!

Breakfast- 1tbsp coconut fat (had to start at 6:30am and didn't have time for a real meal).

Lunch- Just under a pound of chicken wings, 2 cups veggies, 1 cup mixed berries, 1tbsp coconut fat

Dinner... crap I forgot to take food out of the freezer for dinner. Looks like I'll have to stop at the butchers on the way home and figure something out.

Dinner update: Awesomeness topped with awesomeness and a side of awesomeness. Really though. Panfried salmon topped with guacamole, jalapenos and cut up bacon. Side of asparagus and broiled cauliflower.

Last edited by ecks; 02-15-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: update
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm not thinking the coffee thing is so good. Chamomile tea sounds like a definite improvement. Have you ever tried rooibos tea? I like it a lot. With a little cream, it's almost like a dessert.

Hey, if you're doing a carb reset, you might lose a bunch. 1 tablespoon of coconut oil seems like a mighty light breakfast. I wonder if it would count as IF? :-)

It's funny. I think I'm getting this lifestyle, and then I find another issue -- or it finds me. This was a VERY weird food day. It did not work. Maybe I should just stop experimenting and tweaking for a while -- yeah, right. That's not going to happen.

Ola! Sorry I'm taking so long to start the post for today. Stressful day today (essentially got set up to get knocked down twice today... fun!)

Breakfast- 2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon, small piece of pork, 1 TBSP coconut fat

Lunch- 2 small pieces of pork, 2 cups veggies, 1 cup mixed blue and rasp berries, 1TBSP coconut fat.

Dinner- Zichinni Speghetti- Julenned Zuchini ("Noodles"). Sauce: Green onion, white onion, garlic, jalapeņo peppers, red bell peppers, parsley, cinnamon (yes cinnamon is back!) red wine vinegar, ground beef. On the side: Split veal eye of round topped with garlic and roasted redpepper sauce. And some fresh carrots to add a little colour (spelt with a U just for pam!) to the plate

Swimming tonight! Hopefully I digest well enough before then to get some good lappage in!

Workout last night: Swimming- 56 laps x 22m = 1232m. I think that number may be my wall but that doesn't mean I'm not going to work to climb over it.

Workout this morning: I set my clock to do a 10 min amrap of airsquats but had to call it at 100 squats still. 100 in 6:16. I'm good with it. Definitely took a lil more time to worry about form.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Oh wow Ecks! Your food pictures are wonderful!! I'm going to have to start taking pictures too!!

You're doing great & I'm impressed with your swimming. I took lessons when we lived in the islands but I just couldn't get over my fear of the water. I'm ok in a swimming pool because I know where the bottom is...but not anywhere else. That's some great exercise! I took water aerobics while we there at a local gym. That was awesome & it was so easy on the joints! I wish I had access to a pool again, but don't.

have a great evening!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, seriously. I want to start playing with these crazy zucchini ideas like zucchini spaghetti. There's also zucchini pad thai: Paleo Pad Thai - Health-Bent | Health-Bent

Was it hard to do the spaghetti thing, Ecks?
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

@pam I have not heard of roobios tea... at least not outside of your journal. But I'm not a huge fan of sweet teas. I'm very much an earthy tea type of person (green, mint, chamomile).

@theprimalcajun Most local pools have shallow end water aerobics. It could be something good for you too look into knowing that when you stand up the water will come up to your mid chest at most

@lex The speghetti thing was easy! I cheated though- I have a julienne tool in my kitchen to do so. They usually cost $6-$10 and you can usually find them in most kitchen sections at department stores. Once your zuchinni is "pealed" throw it in a pan at medium low heat with some olive oil and turn over every minute or so until the zuchinni is a softer texture (enough that you could put a fork in it and twirl it like spaghetti.

Food Journal for Feb 17th

Breakfast- 2 Large slices of bacon with Guacamole, 1 tbsp coconut fat

Lunch- Leftover veal eye of round, trunip fries with guacamole for dipping, 1 cup blueberries, 1tbsp coconut fat

Dinner- Leftover zuchinni spaghetti, big salad (though I only ate maybe 2/3rds)

I don't know if anyone has noticed but I've cut the coconut oil from dinner for the time being. I figure if my body doesn't know it's supposed to be digesting fat by dinner then I'm just adding extra fuel that my body won't use in the evening. I haven't done any mid week weighins this week so I'm hoping for the best out of this leptin reset reset (yes I meant to put it in twice... still fixing my coffee spike from last week)