Page 118 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1749

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 118

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I dunno - it's a specialty item but pretty widely available here. Of course I have no idea where they were or the store they looked for it. I love it but keep it for special times because it is so expensive. I sometimes just eat it plain. You'll get some sooner or later.

I used to bring home butter from New Zealand when I traveled there. That was hands down the best butter I ever had. I used to eat that right out of the container and I wasn't even primal.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I used to bring home butter from New Zealand when I traveled there. That was hands down the best butter I ever had. I used to eat that right out of the container and I wasn't even primal.
    That's saying a lot considering I'm assuming you viewed butter as "bad for you" before.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Oh yeah, I thought I would fall over and die on the spot if I ate butter. Hahahahah!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ljphalen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Are you getting it sponsored or just doing it for the sake of doing it?
    My traveling partner, Ben, wants to do some fundraising for a charity he likes, and I pledged my support in his endeavour, but I am just doing it because I want to, really. I've been saving up for it since last summer, I'm estimating the trip will cost around $4000-$5000 by the time I'm done.

Oh man, I am definitely going to try grass-fed butter if/when I see it down there. Too bad it's not available in Canada. I've bought kerrygold cheese on Vancouver Island, though.
    Last edited by Ljphalen; 03-21-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Grassfed butter is available in canada just not as good as the kerri gold. Canadian grassfed butter is usually grassfed corn supplemented... and in the winter it's hey and corn. 2 major brands in ontario- harmony organic, and organic meadow. There is also L'atancia from montreal which is quite good but still- it's no kerri gold
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

RowdyTike43 is offline Member
    I hope you get it E!

What the hell is fat free half and half anyways? Isn't half and half supposed to be "fat reduced" as it is because you're cutting cream with milk?

Sidebar- We were buying low fat half and half on the weekend as our milk (I had a glass). One of the girls there was calling it 5% milk. It was awesome! (She made wicked almond flour cookies sweetened with maple syrup for us to dip into the milk!)

So the culinaria may not be an option for school. I can't get second career funding and for some stupid reason they don't accept funding from the government even though they are a recognized institution. So I'm applying to another chef school. It'll take slightly longer to complete, cost about 2000$ more, and classes will be 3-4 times the size. On the bright side it'll be closer to home, have a longer apretichip program, and is accepts government funding. I applied today and will be taking a tour Thursday. I'm hoping that this is an answer. God willing this will be the right option.
    I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

RowdyT

This week is Holy week- one of the most sacred weeks of the year for me. Every year I am regaled with the story of the celebration and crucifixion of Christ. In one weeks time he is celebrated by the crowds and crucified by them. How does that happen? Either way it reminds me of the sacrifice paid for me.

One of the most primal things for me is my God. While people follow what they've been taught to be true or false I follow what I know to be true- I've seen God's works in my life way too much to not believe. In good times and bad I know God is watching me and I'm thankful for the bloodshed of Christ.

To those who celebrate the crucifixion take this week to wash yourselves clean, confess your sin, and rectify your conscious with God and with those you have wronged.

For those who don't- look inwardly. Regardless of your faith spring time is a season where the dead and frozen earth is risen to life again. Revel in it and take time to revive your own dying parts. Spring is upon us and it's time to celebrate the life around us.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My favorite day of Holy Week, is Maundy Thursday, a day which I think gets overlooked too often. Humility, love, and service to others is what marks Christ for me.

Ljphalen is offline Member
    Yes, it's time to stand up and stretch and shake off winter.

I don't share your faith but I'm not faithless

Thanks for the induction into Spring!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This week is Holy week- one of the most sacred weeks of the year for me. Every year I am regaled with the story of the celebration and crucifixion of Christ. In one weeks time he is celebrated by the crowds and crucified by them. How does that happen? Either way it reminds me of the sacrifice paid for me.

One of the most primal things for me is my God. While people follow what they've been taught to be true or false I follow what I know to be true- I've seen God's works in my life way too much to not believe. In good times and bad I know God is watching me and I'm thankful for the bloodshed of Christ.

To those who celebrate the crucifixion take this week to wash yourselves clean, confess your sin, and rectify your conscious with God and with those you have wronged.

For those who don't- look inwardly. Regardless of your faith spring time is a season where the dead and frozen earth is risen to life again. Revel in it and take time to revive your own dying parts. Spring is upon us and it's time to celebrate the life around us.
    Such words of wisdom, Ecks. Yesterday I took some palms from church and gave them to people at the hospital (they asked me to do this). A couple of them cried and wanted to pray with me. It made me glad but sad also. So many people are just crying out for a spiritual and meaningful life, but our society mostly scoffs at this.

I've taken off work this week in order to be able to have time to devote to prayer and ritual.