Page 117 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1736

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 117

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Doing well enough I guess. Going on a weekend retreat to a simpler place this weekend with my best friend. I have no idea where this place is except that it's far. Perfect Bringing some books, my blackberry playbook, and a food magazine I picked up from the local liquor board that features fun recipes Some of them pretty paleo (and can be modified to be made awesome!)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Had an awesome weekend! I was just happy to get away from here

Captured this awesome photo at the top of a hill:

V-w2oYjdM_6oe2-KiZPXdw9KBW5tJ1hOAQNssXC-VpI.jpg

Believe it or not that is a lake down there not a field. Went for a walk on it too! Definitely needed this weekend away

Got to keep it paleo too. Went up with my best friend and his family who are also all paleo. Made some awesome meals and experimented with some new ideas. It's always nice cooking with paleos.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    You are so lucky to have paleo friends! My friends are...well...one of them gave me fat-free half-and-half yesterday. That shit is full of gluten. She was shocked when I was upset.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

What the hell is fat free half and half anyways? Isn't half and half supposed to be "fat reduced" as it is because you're cutting cream with milk?

Sidebar- We were buying low fat half and half on the weekend as our milk (I had a glass). One of the girls there was calling it 5% milk. It was awesome! (She made wicked almond flour cookies sweetened with maple syrup for us to dip into the milk!)

So the culinaria may not be an option for school. I can't get second career funding and for some stupid reason they don't accept funding from the government even though they are a recognized institution. So I'm applying to another chef school. It'll take slightly longer to complete, cost about 2000$ more, and classes will be 3-4 times the size. On the bright side it'll be closer to home, have a longer apretichip program, and is accepts government funding. I applied today and will be taking a tour Thursday. I'm hoping that this is an answer. God willing this will be the right option.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Fingers crossed for you!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

That sounds great! What is really great is that you are exploring all these options and bringing a lot of energy into changing things up. I know so many people who sit around and moan...I can't...I can't...it's not fair...I can't. It is so positive to hear of everything you are exploring.

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Ljphalen is offline Member
    Fat free half and half is mostly milk, a bit of cream, plus corn syrup solids to sweeten it, and maltodextrin to make it a little thicker.

I'm Lindsey, from Friday's success story, btw. I'm reading your journal! I started one for my walk, Itchy Feet.

Hey Lindsey! Glad to see you've found me! I will definitely check our your journal as well.

Your story was an awesome one to read and I'm curious to hear how your walk goes. Sounds absolutely crazy but I know you'll meet some amazing people and see amazing things along your journey. Are you getting it sponsored or just doing it for the sake of doing it?

The fat free half and half that got slipped to me had gluten in it, added as a thickener. The trouble is when food manufacturers take stuff out (the good stuff) they add stuff in (usually bad stuff). Gluten. It's cheap. Guarantees a couple of days in the bathroom.

PrimalCon New York
    Oh! I thought I posted yesterday but it didn't send. *Sad face*

I had family going into the states this past weekend and asked if they could get some unsalted kerri gold butter for me. After checking 3 grocery stores all they could scrounge up was 2 bars of the garlic butter... CRAZY! I figured it was just like regular butter in the states but I guess it's a big deal south of the boarder as well eh?