Page 110 of 174 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1736

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 110

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Praying for you Ecks
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey All! Thanks for your support! Things are getting better but still a tiny bit stressed. I thank god though for everything I have.

Quick weekend update... I got a snow day on friday! We got 15 CM of snow between 3am and 6am and 25 CM total for the day. Crazy day for driving! Friday night I catered a Stag and Doe with some friends. Between 4 of is we fed almost 50 people. One of the guests happened to be a professional caterer and asked myself and CS if we would want to cook for/with him sometime. Of course the answer is HELLS YES! Got properly tanked at the party I do admit. If you're ever looking for a treat I highly reccomend sommersby cider mixed with whisky. Delicious! I slept over after the party needless to say- between the booze and the deep snow I was not going anywhere.

Saturday morning I submitted my info for first rounds of interviews at the church. All of my experiences were written up and I powered through the video production that was stressing me out.

Saturday I had another birthday party to go to and sunday I had church in both morning and eve (I volunteer in the evening at my church)

All in all amazing weekend! Next weekend is also a long weekend- we have the most BS made up holiday ever but I won't complain because it is downtime. It's family day! I think it's a load of crock but whatever...
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Glad to get an update on The Life of Ecks! Sounds great! Good and interesting things happening.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

So I was running into an interesting issue... what to give up for lent. I have very few if any staples in life that I heavily lean on or couldn't live without and lord knows that my self control food-wise would make abstaining from a particular food a walk in the park... So I'm trying something different- I'm allowing myself 1 meal a day for the season of lent (with rest day back to whenever I want to eat). So for 6 days of the week I get one killer meal.

Yesterday

Meal- 2 chicken thighs with sriracha sauce, big salad, 3 slices of bacon, leftover bacon pancakes. (BTW I made wicked awesome bacon pumpkin pancakes for mardi gras! Pumpkin puree, eggs, almond flour, bacon strips, apple butter, cocoa powder, peacans, banana, apple and maple syrup.!)
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Ecks, you could always take on something. Before I left the Episcopal Church, that was something they were pushing for. Mostly because many people were giving up something easy and missing out on the point of Lent. So the local church was asking people to take on something they've never done before in the way of charity or volunteering.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

I take on too much as it is. I spend a lot of my time (especially lately) feeling like I need rest because I'm out every night. The food one is a good one for me. Instead of giving up food I'm giving up meals. If I get too hungry in the middle of the day and eat a meal 2 time meal then I don't get 1 or 3 or if I wake up early in the morning starving and I choose to eat then I don't get meal 2 or 3. The pangs are a good reminder and work. I don't think I'll feel deprived per say but it'll definitely have myself focused on the purpose of lent at every meal and appreciate the freedoms to eat even more.

Feb 14th

Meal- 4 egg omelet (with equal amount of mushroom), 3 thick slices of bacon, 1 chicken thigh with sriraha sauce, big salad

Dessert-1 banana dipped in a mix of hazelnut butter, apple butter, and cocoa.

Supplements- The regulars

Exercise- 3 minute elliptical sprint, 21-15-9 of Clean and press and pushups

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Good for you Ecks! Sounds like a good fit for you.... and you may find it has other benefits too from the IF standpoint! I have given up chocolate for lent (and a little longer) since it is such an addiction for me and leads to failure in a lot of areas.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm giving up carbon emissions. At least some of them. I changed all my light bulbs, and took a couple of them out completely. I'm limiting my car trips, walking instead. I drive into town, park the car and then walk to everything. At work I go around and turn off everything we don't need at night - TVs, lights, equipment. You wouldn't believe how many computers get left on at night.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

@Coll - Definitely feeling different. Possibly seeing the effects of IF but I am noticing that non paleo products are starting to smell like food again. Not a fan- I've actually been craving doritos of all things... As it is I thought they smelt like feet before I went paleo. This will be an interesting 7 weeks.

@Siobhan- You're not turning off people's computers after they've left for work are you? It's a very easy way to become unpopular. Especially if you're like me and leave windows of what I'm working on open but the computer in standby. I do like the idea of the carbon footprint but just remember that a lent fast is supposed to be your own spiritual path. Include people only if they want to be.

So this weekend was awesome. 3 day weekends are always nice. Cook day (AKA the day that I cook with CS) was awesome. I chose saturday as my day of rest in lent. Traditionally it's Sundays but I find saturday to be more akin to a day of rest than sundays for me. Felt nice to eat freely instead of restricting to the single meal. It makes me reflect on all of my other meals during my one meal a day fast.