Page 105 of 175 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1746

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 105

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    42 days is intense! Are you guys allowed periodic weigh ins? Whole30 program specifies that I can't.
    Not everyone in the challenge is doing W30/W42, it was kind of "pick your challenge": one being to just cut all sugars, alcohol and "white products" (white bread, white rice, etc.); 2nd is on top of 1 cut out gluten as well; 3rd is strict paleo/Whole30. We weighed in at the start and will weigh again at the end, but main goal is health, not weight loss.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    Exactly. Too short to spend it sick and obese. My father set himself up a beautiful retirement and was sick for the entire short time it lasted before he died. And his lifestyle was almost entirely to blame. He came in well under average life expectancy, and was anything but vigorous and dynamic, as his world started closing in on him way too soon.

Life is way too short to dedicate it to the slavemasters of sugar and carbs, who blind us by short-term pleasure to all the insidious damage they're doing. And there is so much other good food out there to eat, why should our lives be in hock to them?

And that's how you answer those people. You never know, sometimes the seed of our words lodges in someone's mind and sprouts at the strangest times. I rarely seek to persuade people of any truth that's important to me; I just try to plant those seeds in their heads.
    This has been going through my mind all day, I'm saving it and will use it whenever anyone tells me "life's too short" while gorging on wheat and sugar after first complaining about how bad they feel!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    @Candy Keep us updated on your W42! Hopefully you'll see positive changes in craving control and overall health!

So yesterday was an outstanding day and today is looking like it'll be a close contender! Solid day at work followed by an hour and 40 minute workout (plus sauna and steam room). Didn't intend for the workout to go that long but my gym buddy took his sweet time getting to the gym and I worked out while I waited. After that I went home for maybe 20 mins to grab a post workout meal and before I could put dinner on I got a call from my best friend wanting to know if I wanted to come over for dinner (for the second night in a row). After supper we hot tubbed for a bit as we all had had good workouts.

Whole30 Day3

Breakfast- 3 Eggs cooked in duck fat, liver pate, shrimp, and some guacamole

Lunch- Leftover roast chunks, apple

Post workout meal- Mix of liver pate and bone marrow

Supper- Fresh roast, and roasted sweet potato, onion, and carrots

Supplements (keep forgetting to put them in here)- 3000mg samlon oil, 6000ui of Vitamin D.

Exercise- 1000m rowing, 20 mins elliptical, 25 mins (walking only) on the treadmill, weights focusing on upper body

Have had an amazing day today too but that can wait for tomorrow's post... well that and the day isn't over
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

I think I know what the culprate is but lets see if you can spot it. In the food. Besides the uncontrollable hunger last night something in the day is giving me a bit of a rainy day.

Whole30 Day4

Breakfast- 3 eggs in duck fat, pork chop, shrimp, guacamole, 1 nori sheet (i swear they make a great snack!)

Lunch- 2 pork chops, 1 cup mixed brazil nuts and pistachios

Supper- Beef roast, pork chop, salad

Post supper (couldn't fill the hunger) - 1/2 cup of mango, 1.5 cup of pistachios, 1 nori sheet

Supplements: 3000mg fish oil, 6000ui of Vit D

If you guess the pistachios I think you'd be right... at least I'm hoping so. Either way with the amount I ate that must be the issue because normally I don't have issues with the back door. I'll find out over the next couple days as I'm out and I don't plan on buying more.

Yesterday was an awesome day! Took at half day at work which somehow resulted in me only coming in for 3 hours. In the morning I wrote my CompTia A+ 801 exam (practical pc hardware exam) and passed! After that I went to make my car road legal because I had been driving with expired plates for a while; went to work and had a decent day then went out with a buddy last night. Quite happy

Dodgeball tonight! I can't wait!
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yep, the nuts. Little devils, they are! I'm with you on the nori sheets - I eat some once or twice a week.

It's great to hear you are doing so well! Be sure to tell us about the Dodgeball -
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hey, I tried nori sheets yesterday as well! I made "tunacado salad" wraps .

Didn't know pistachio's could give bowel issues...I sometimes put them in a salad, but that's about a handful between DH and me.

I think it may have even just be the salt content that did the job. Afterall the quickest body cleanse is a litre of water and 2tbsp of salt... Either way I'm staying away from those guys for a while

Whole30 Day5

Breakfast- 3 eggs, half steak, some red pepper

Lunch- Other half of breakfast steak

Supper (which was also post workout meal)- 2 eggs and a burger patty

Post dodgeball meal- 2 burger patties

Excercise- 20 minutes on elliptical, 1000 metre row on "10" (done in 4.47), Obliques + Dodgeball (probably about 10-12 rounds, we played a ton of fun rounds because we had extra time)

Supplements- The usual

Dodgeball was great! I missed playing a sport... or well doing anything really... with bare feet! Team needs some work but we all had a blast and all made the best of it! Tons of laughs and some great but wholesome banter with the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    I think it may have even just be the salt content that did the job. Afterall the quickest body cleanse is a litre of water and 2tbsp of salt... Either way I'm staying away from those guys for a while
    Aha, I always buy unsalted nuts .

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I have to buy unsalted ones, otherwise I would eat them ALL in one sitting.

Glad to hear you are doing so well!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Whole30 Day 6

Breakfast- 3 Eggs in olive oil, burger patty

Lunch- Half steak

Supper- Chicken wings in a sauce comprised of franks red hot, habanero sauce, mustard, garlic, a ton of pepper and lemon. Big ass salad made with spinach, red pepper, orange pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatos and strawberries. Dressing was an old fave of mine- olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and almond butter.

Supplements- 3000mg salmon oil, 6000ui of Vit D

Exercise- 30 min walk

So it's been a while since I've done a massive salad- in fact I haven't craved fresh veggies since winter set in at all but last night after work my body told me to go stock up on fresh veggies. Think it must have been the changing of the seasons and all of the melting snow (granted while it will be warmer this weekend it's supposed to freeze over again next week).