Page 103 of 175 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1746

Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 103

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ecks, we love the books by John Eldredge! My DH (and I actually) loved Wild at Heart, and I have Captivating but haven't read it yet. DH found it a very encouraging and liberating book in many ways.

I think so many people don't want to take responsibility for their health - much easier to blow you off than face up to some pretty major changes... VERY frustrating though! My SIL is hovering at the brink of trying primal but can't quite get off the ground and I don't know how to encourage her without pressuring. Just told her to holler if I can help at all. Her hubby has just had a double knee replacement so their lives are chaotic at the moment. If I could just lose more weight and keep improving my quality of life I think it would be inspiring for her - more motivation for me to get my butt in gear properly now that Christmas is over!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I read a post somewhere else on this forum (can't remember where) and the poster said that when people ask how she transformed herself, she is going to say "Magic!" Because people can't handle the truth. And it is so hard to try to talk to people and watch them turn off. I know exactly the feeling!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Aaughh! Now I know your 'real' name. It is like seeing a picture of a radio personality!
    Hahaha yes, yes you do. :P The question was worth it though because I had to know if these epsom salts were more than just a remedy for soft skin.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Ecks, we love the books by John Eldredge! My DH (and I actually) loved Wild at Heart, and I have Captivating but haven't read it yet. DH found it a very encouraging and liberating book in many ways.

I think so many people don't want to take responsibility for their health - much easier to blow you off than face up to some pretty major changes... VERY frustrating though! My SIL is hovering at the brink of trying primal but can't quite get off the ground and I don't know how to encourage her without pressuring. Just told her to holler if I can help at all. Her hubby has just had a double knee replacement so their lives are chaotic at the moment. If I could just lose more weight and keep improving my quality of life I think it would be inspiring for her - more motivation for me to get my butt in gear properly now that Christmas is over!
    I find a great way to help noobs is to offer to help them clean out their cupboards (because purging is an important first step) but I find that also helping them get new mass quantity recipes up and running is a good start. Even if it is just baking 5lbs of chicken wings or something it's a step in the "don't have to cook all the time" direction. Once they've lost some they'll be encouraged to cook on their own.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I read a post somewhere else on this forum (can't remember where) and the poster said that when people ask how she transformed herself, she is going to say "Magic!" Because people can't handle the truth. And it is so hard to try to talk to people and watch them turn off. I know exactly the feeling!
    I say let people turn off. If I asked someone how they were making progress and they said "magic" I would honestly be offended and see that person as arrogant- it's not magic, we've all worked hard for it; People are usually interested in the answer because the answers they are being fed are all short term with unavoidable expiry dates. I find sometimes that the easiest answer is to link to info you've read. Instead of trying to explain it yourself send a list of links that you think would be useful. I keep a list of links handy and ask people to just give me their email addresses. That way they have contact if there are any questions.

So I'm semi enjoying the weight rollercoaster that is christmas. I've almost lost everything I gained during the season (and trust me, with evil things like candycane ice cream around and my mom's phylo and beef roll there has been some massive gainage... not to mention the eggnogg and whisky addiction...) by newyears I should be back down to pre christmas season weight

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    It's pretty cool to know what you need to do, isn't it? Alcohol around the holidays is really tough for me. One day I had some friends over and they didn't like prosecco...so I drank the whole bottle myself and they drank beer. Not recommended for weight control! I don't even want to know how many carbs in a bottle of prosecco. Well, it's all over now!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I am up only 1 1/2 pounds from Christmas, which I consider a major victory. The treats are all out of the house now, so I feel good about starting the New Year right.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Lovely that you are doing so well Ecks, I too have only gained about a pound and a half! What an awesome feeling to not feel totally out of control and like a blimp! I am going to offer SIL a cooking afternoon .... set them up with precooked 'convenience' food for when things are too crazy with BIL's recovery. Thanks for the idea.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Sorry I've been so quiet... Been uuber busy with christmas, family, friends, and new years! Definitely had a very non paleo new years eve but I really don't care. I enjoyed and celebrated! Took down a couple pints of Sommersby Cider (some mixed with whisky courtesy of CS), some champagne, a few triscuits... but the killer- new years day breakfast was a butter chicken poutine from Works Burger.

Today I start a whole 30 to help get myself back on track. Tonight I'm back at the gym swimming again (did I mention I got a gym membership a few weeks back?) and next week I start dodgeball!

Prayer request! I applied for an amazing position in AV at my Church. I'm really hoping for the opportunity but any prayer from you guys would be much appreciated!

Finally! Because I'm doing a whole30 I figure it would be a good idea to start doing food journals again. The whole accountability thing is important.

So far today (and I will edit this as the day goes)

Breakfast
    3 Eggs cooked in coconut oil and bacon fat, ribs baked with pink salt, peppercorns, paprika, lemon and habanero sauce (the sauce is habaneros, vinegar, salt and water according to the side of the bottle)

Lunch: Ribs and an apple

Post gym snack (while meat was defrosting for dinner): 1/2 can of canned haddock, some guacamole

Supper: 3 chicken drum sticks, more guacamole, 1/2 a tomato with olive oil and sea salt, handful of brazil nuts, handful of pistachios (handful was pre shelling)

Exercise: Swimming
    Last edited by ecks; 01-03-2013 at 05:08 AM.