Thread: Primal Journal (Ecks) page 10

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Oh my God you're crazy!
    Thank you!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Think I'll work up to pulling my Volvo. I actually hung from the pull up bar in my door today for a few seconds. That's improvement from the immediate drop!

Have a great day and keep being crazy!

For Feb 8th (Yesterday)

Breakfast- 1 Chicken thigh, 1 egg omelet with green onions, mushrooms and asperagus, 3 slices of bacon. 1 bulletproof coffee

Lunch- 1 chicken thigh, 2 cups of veggies, 1 cup of blackberries

Dinner- 1 chicken thigh, about a cup or so of brocoli, 2 egg omlette (summer sausage, green onions, mushrooms) and an apple

Workout: 100 Airsquats for time. 5:34.

For Feb 9th

I feel like something isn't right this week. I did hardcore leptin breakfasts last week and felt like I was losing. This week I did a mid week weighin (unofficial) to see if I'm still on the right track and things aren't moving. I think it may be because I haven't been eating a full leptin breakfast. I've been adding things that aren't protein to my breakfast and I think it may be augmenting my loss. Also- My 100 air squats for time didn't put me out of commission this morning (as in I'm not feeling any pain even though I barely stretched). Almost feels like it didn't count so I may do it again tonight after swimming (If I'm still up for it after the swim). I may switch to a 10 minute amrap but for now I'll test it out by redoing the squats for time.

Breakfast (Back to full leptin)- Chicken, 3 Scrambled eggs with summer sausage, 3 slices of bacon. 1 bulletproof coffee

Lunch IF

Dinnner- Chicken, pork sausage, asparagus with vegetable yeast, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 5 squares of green and blacks organic 85%

Workout: Swimming tonight
    Last edited by ecks; 02-09-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    If your squats are feeling easier, maybe that's proof you're putting on more muscle and that's heavier than fat. I know the supportive "hey maybe your scale isn't moving cuz you're growing muscle" makes me roll my eyes sometimes because I know that isn't why I've stalled - but it really sounds like that might be why you've stalled! Also, if the squats are feeling easy, you can always make them harder by concentrating more on form and going slower. Sometimes I get too motivated to reach a certain rep number and don't concentrate enough on form on the way up and the way down. If you need more challenge, I think Mark's fitness e-book says after you reach 50 of a certain squat, you should move on to an alteration of that squat (it has harder examples of what to use in there).
    Last edited by Lex26; 02-09-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Darn you for being possibly and probably right. Still, nothing excites me more than a lower number... It's a way to measure success. I'll have to check out other suggestions for squats in mark's ebook. I have it on my playbook so I'll have a good read before bed tonight. Maybe incorporate a medicine ball into it in order to change my balance. I think I'm going to take my car out to a parking lot again on the weekend and give that another go too... I may have myself someone to steer so that I don't have to keep adjusting too so I'm excited for that! Swimming starts in an hour so I'm hoping for the best I can tonight.

Get a third person to video it. It's too good to miss!

Instead of updating today's journal I feel like this one needs a separate post...

My swim today... 38 laps x 22 metres = 1056 metres!! 50 minutes of non stop swimming, half on my front half on my back. I'm quite proud of that! The lifeguard says he wants to see at least 50 laps next week... Challenge accepted!

And now it's bedtime!!

There's nothing like a good sleep after many, many laps. 50 next week sounds super.

Know when you find an issue that should have been an obvious thing? Well last week was one of those weeks where I missed the obvious. Last saturday I bought a french coffee press so that I can try bullet proof coffee. Well I remember after getting home form the market sitting on the couch and drinking my BP coffee and noting to CS over BBM that I was starting to get sleepy... but that coffee always made me sleepy... That should have been a sign.

Well thursday (Feb 9th) I had noted on my journal (quote below) that something felt wrong.

I feel like something isn't right this week. I did hardcore leptin breakfasts last week and felt like I was losing. This week I did a mid week weighin (unofficial) to see if I'm still on the right track and things aren't moving. I think it may be because I haven't been eating a full leptin breakfast. I've been adding things that aren't protein to my breakfast and I think it may be augmenting my loss.
    Anyways... what I didn't want to admit is that My weight had gone back up to 297 and I couldn't figure out why. Well Friday I decided to do another "check in" in the morning to see if I was doing any better and if the gain was a fluke... 298... So I pondered as to what could be making me gain... then like a light switch it clicked to me- If I was feeling sleepy after coffee maybe it is slowing down my metabolism. Sure enough as soon as I stopped drinking coffee everything fixed itself. I came in at 293.6 on sunday. Only 1.4lbs but I was bracing for a gain so I'm extremely happy with that number. No more coffee for me! (Believe it or not this is something I discovered in college- If I was over hyper or having problems sleeping I used to drink a coffee and it would knock me into a coma... Who knew this was a metabolism thing??)

Breakfast- Beef chuck chili over cauliflower rice- Bullet Proof Tea (Didn't turn out but I still drank it)

Lunch- 1 Chicken thigh stuffed with asparagus, pesto, jalapeno, and nutritional yeast wrapped in bacon, 1 cup blueberries, 2 cups veggies (New system for the veggies, eat them last, but I have the most nutritious veggies at the top and the least at the bottom that way if I'm full I don't miss out on good nutriants and if I'm still hungry I have fillers at the bottom. Stacked cherry toms on top, carrots in the middle, celery on the bottom). and of course 1 tbsp of coconut oil

Dinner (Planned)- Steak, asparagus, Grilled mushrooms, big salad.

Oh! I finally got a decent salad dressing recipe! (Up until now I've not liked the dressings I've been making). 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 heaping TBSP of spicy Dijon mustard, 1 heaping TBSP of almond butter. Mix until it's a consistent texture adding 1:1 of olive oil and balsamic as needed of the almond butter isn't dissolving. Absolutely delicious!!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Here's the reality: Most people who are overweight have exhausted adrenal glands. And when you consume any caffeine, it's like you're kicking a dead horse. You're pressing the gas pedal on a car that's already humming along as hard as it can. So then what happens? You completely peter out. I've been seeing you and some other people post about bullet-proof coffee and whatnot, but honestly I think the overweight would be much better without it. It jacks up cortisol levels as well, which leads to weight gain. I know Mark himself drinks coffee, but he's probably sitting in much better general health so it doesn't affect him as much.

To understand what coffee is doing to you on a humorous level, here's a funny comic:
    15 Things Worth Knowing About Coffee - The Oatmeal

And to understand what caffeine does to depleted adrenals specifically, here's this:
    The hidden dangers of caffeine: How coffee causes exhaustion, fatigue and addiction
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 10 of 174 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast