Thread: Weekly double fast page

Jennerator is offline Member

Weekly double fast

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello everyone,
    last semester I had a lot of success doing a weekly 24-38 hour fast. It was pretty easy to do since my first class was at 9 and my last ended at 830 on one weekday.
    This semester I have 2 days in a row of a similar schedule, with my classes ending at 730.
    Do you guys think it would be harmful somehow to do a double 24 hour fast? Meaning I eat a small breakfast tuesday morning, breakfast wednesday morning and then eat normally on thursday?
    Is this pushing it? It's just so much easier to fast than it is to bring food to school and worry about it sitting in my bag all day or trying to find food on campus that is actually healthy.
    thanks!

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    From my experience of regularly doing back-to-back 24-hr fasts, I predict that two such fasts on consecutive days shouldn't be a problem for you. One question: is there a reason why your Tues morning breakfast has to be "small"? Just be sure that you're getting in enough protein each day, and only eating once per day shouldn't be an issue. There are even some in the fasting community who make it a habit to routinely eat only once a day, and they seem to be doing fine (albeit with tweaks if they find themselves getting fatigued over the long run).

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Eating a good breakfast on those days should be fine. If your brain gets foggy or you find yourself getting tired, it means you need to eat more - have a bigger breakfast if needed.

GrokON is offline Senior Member
    I agree, no problems with your plan if you're comfortable. I eat only Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, and Sunday evening, so I have full 48 hour fasts all week and even a 72 hour fast on the weekend. I feel great!
    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokON View Post
    I agree, no problems with your plan if you're comfortable. I eat only Tuesday evening, Thursday evening, and Sunday evening, so I have full 48 hour fasts all week and even a 72 hour fast on the weekend. I feel great!
    Whaaat? I'm intrigued.