Thread: Question about p90x page

Vivian is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

i just got my p90x videos n will be starting this friday...i was wondering if it can be done on low carb-60-100grams?...im 18, 5'3 125lbs and do pretty good on carbs

beachbodysue Guest

Vivian - I do P90X on under 100g no problem (in fact usually under 50g). I feel better at this level than when I was eating 200+ carbs and having recovery drinks etc. Now I just eat straight after and have no problems. I actually find my muscles are less sore on low carbs and all the niggling litte aches have also pretty much gone (i used to get sore toe joints and thought it was early arthritis but now I realise it was probably the grains). Just take it easy in the early days, go at your own pace and and 'press pause' if you need to.

thanks gus...the carbs definitely wont be coming from grains though!

Acmebike is offline Member

I do Crossfit and always workout in a fasted state (15-20 hours) then delay my PWO meal for an hour or so (and it is always high protein and fat, animal sources). I exist day to day on sub 20g carbs on the average.

My goal is to crank up HGH, keep muscle from wasting, but not to bulk. I am also not looking to set any records with this regiment. I think for multiple workouts per day, or to push through a workout at a higher speed or weight, I'd incorporate more carbs and a minor pre-workout meal 2-3 hours before working out.

thanks for the tips acmebike!...i think ill stick to the 50-100 grams most days and stay updated on my workout energy levels

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

@Acme, serious respect on being able to workout that fasted! I've been experimenting with about 5-6 hours (breakfast around 8, workout around 2-3pm) and eating an hour after that. So far so good, the hunger sort of disappears after a while. I definitely eat 3-4 hours after my PWO meal though, then sleep maybe 2 hours after that.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

soror is offline Senior Member

I did it last year on pretty LC, started out close to your specs- 5-4 124 and ended at 117. I had no problems w/ energy or strength, only getting burnd out towards the end.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

CrossFix Guest

Wow ACME!! that is super fasted. Sorry if you have touched on this subject before but being a fellow CrossFitter who fasts (not nearly as much as you, mostly I.M.) I am wondering how are your energy levels?

How are your WODs on below 50 carb intake days as opposed to higher carb intake days?

Right now I am not counting exactly how many carbs I am intaking (below 100 for sure) But if going lower helps performance in the long run I am willing to give it a shot.