Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great new product - Trader Joe's coconut oil page

jennf is offline Senior Member

Great new product - Trader Joe's coconut oil

Primal Fuel
    Trader Joe's just started carrying coconut oil so I thought I'd give it a try. So yummy! It's organic and virgin, so has all the yummy coconut taste. And it was only $5.99 for a 16 oz. jar. Way less expensive than what I'm used to paying. It's going to do my wallet some good considering how much coconut oil I eat in a week!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, that's about half the price I have been paying for the jars I think. I'll be looking out for that at my local store, thanks!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I saw it in the health and beauty aids section.

cave-e8r is offline Member
    I've been using Golden Barrel Coconut Oil from a local farmers market, the nearest Trader Joe's is about 45 minutes away. This weekend I was out of town and happened to drive by a Trader Joe's so I stopped in just to check it out. They had their brand coconut oil and I realized I didn't bring any with me so I bought a jar for my morning coffee. Turns out, I don't like Trader Joe's brand at all. It's got a strong coconut taste to it, makes my coffee taste nasty. I haven't used it for cooking or anything else yet, but the other brand didn't have any flavor to it. I like getting all the fat without the coconut flavor, which I hate.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    You're right - it does have a strong coconut taste to it (that's what I love). Many of them do, but some of them taste burnt to me, which this one doesn't.

Most of the virgin coconut oils do taste pretty strong. As far as I know it's the refined ones that are flavorless.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

amdws1234 is offline Member
    My cheap coconut oil source used to be the deKalbs Farmers Market in Atlanta. Every time my brother would come to town, he would bring it up for me. I was using for lotion and skin care at the time. The TJ's brand is almost as cheap and I've started using for food now too... just became primal 2 months ago. Shared with my primal brother of 2 years and my mom too - she has psorasis... supposed to be wonderful for that.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I like TJ's coconut oil as a moisturizer, or just to eat off the spoon or put in my coffee. Only one of the 2 stores in my area sells it. It's pretty good stuff.
    Georgette

JD.Deaton is offline Junior Member
    I was so exited when I saw this product at Trader Joes, it is about half the price of other coconut oils sold in my small town, a great deal. I LOVE it... just made the best Trader Joes granola recipe with it, I think it has an amazing flavor. Sweet potato fries baked in coconut oil are delicious too!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll have to make a field trip, but not before making one to New Season's . I've heard nothing but good things about the latter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast