Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Workout Recovery Drink page

kevingeary is offline Senior Member

I'm usually not in a position to eat food immediately post-workout. What could I drink to replinish my muscles? I do jiu jitsu three times per week and feel the need to drink something for recovery after.

Today I just drank 8ozs of milk.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Try nothing, and see how that feels.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

John R Guest

Lately my "recovery" drink after lifting is about 24 oz of water.

CTU Guest

Acmebike is offline Member

Robb Wolf is a super genius. Download his podcasts and have a listen if you get a chance.

CrossFix Guest

It really comes down to what you are trying to achieve overall. If all you care about is insulin resistance and/or losing fat then go the Robbwolf way and keep post workout carbs to a minimum. On the other hand if you are an elite athlete where performance is the main priority the post workout window is when you are going to need to get those carbs you starve yourself of all the time.

When I first started Primal I kept away from carbs post work out but now since I care about having my glycogen levels replenished for the next hardcore CrossFit workout I try to get some carbs in there.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I have nothing to add to this conversation other than...

when I saw the title I mis-read it and thought it said "PORK workout recovery drink." I was like "WTF??"

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Shine is offline Member

[quote]

when I saw the title I mis-read it and thought it said "PORK workout recovery drink." I was like "WTF??"
    </blockquote>

I am so glad that I was not taking a drink of water when I read that, lol! Now I can&#39;t stop trying to imagine what a pork work-out would entail, lmao...

Acmebike is offline Member

Robb covers carb rich PWO meals as well. It&#39;s a pretty thorough article.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

well i wasn&#39;t thinking of a "pork workout" I was thinking of a workout recovery drink that included pork in it...

put some sausage in a blender along with coconut milk and spinach - that sort of thing.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast