Thread: Primal Journal (cjco) page

cjco is offline Member

Smile Primal Journal (cjco)

Primal Fuel
    Chrystin

01/02/12

In the Making

Chrystin’s Goals: “To attain permanent, lasting fitness and well being and, through that victory, finally acknowledge and appreciate my own personal power.”
    Attached Images Attached Images

cjco is offline Member

Entry #1

Wow. I wish it were primarily about my weight. Its not. Although I'm currently carrying about 8-10 pounds more that I'd like to, that is not why I'm here. I'm healthy and strong. I love to lift heavy things and be active (this is starting to sound like a singles ad, LOL). No bread or pasta? Don't miss it. Veggies? LOVE 'em! Grass-fed meat? Uncured bacon? Pastured sausage? Totally...on...board. Hell, my husband is about to go hunt some wild boar for my valentine's day gift!

While Grok's physique is admirable and I aim to be leaner and even stronger, what I really covet is Grok's primal power and freedom. That's what I hope to come away with at the completion of this journey - the freedom to not feel enslaved to anything. Not a job, a person, an emotion, a memory, a shortcoming, an electronic device, a mirror or a bar of dark chocolate can contain me or my ability to succeed.

Full-on, bad ass primal. That's what I want. But, I still plan to shave my legs and wear mascara.

My plan? Be accountable. Right here. Nutrition, training, feelings-the whole mess. I plan to have one post each day that encompasses it all.
    Last edited by cjco; 01-10-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: add

cjco is offline Member
    January 10, 2012
    45 minutes of easy stationary biking this AM
    Nothing makes me feel all Grok-y like a non-traditional breakfast: 2 provolone and salami roll ups (applegate farms), little bit of left over roasted butternut squash and coffee with half and half
    Headed to my first chiropractic visit- C'mon you KNOW Grok would have loved to have someone body slam his primal ass back into alignment after a hard day in the caves.
    Lunch: whole milk latte smothered with cinnamon. If you could snort cinnamon like crack, I'd do it handful macadamia nuts
    Dinner will be girls' night= red wine and mediterannean salad with oil and vinegar after a couple of spoons of wild rice at home.
    Had an awesome extended girls' night with one of my fave people and a couple of limoncellos. I think she paid two guys to hit on me...hard.
    I hope Grok had friends like her<3
    I will be having a decidedly un-Grok short sleep tonight
    Last edited by cjco; 01-10-2012 at 10:18 PM.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjco View Post

Full-on, bad ass primal. That's what I want. But, I still plan to shave my legs and wear mascara.
    I LOL'd at this part. Bad ass.

Welcome to this WOL and do it big.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

cjco is offline Member
    Quick daily entry for January 11:
    Heinous day that culminated in ER visit for my middle child to rule out meningitis. But, I still managed to shower, get twenty minutes of bike time and be primally awesome. LOL.
    Breakfast: leftover wild rice and the last homemade meatball with lots of homemade tomato sauce. Its really good sauce-like I eat it with a spoon kind of good.
    Dinner: Short Rib with a little risotto at an awesome restaurant with field greens and a glass of red wine.
    Going to bed...now!

cjco is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    1-12-12
    Snow day, so next to zero personal time. Ugh.
    Weight training AM
    Tubing with the kids
    Fasted until 1 PM (wasn't planning it, just wasn't hungry) Lunch was half a plate of salad greens with a chicken breast with melted provolone (leftover rotisserie)
    GOT CRACKED for the first time, along with all of my kids. Since that was at dinner-cooking time, we had planned to do pizza, so....
    let's just chalk up dinner to the 20%, shall we?