Thread: smoky eggplant puree Turkish style page

jacmac is offline Senior Member

smoky eggplant puree Turkish style

Primal Fuel
    I am attending a friends b'day lunch this weekend at a Turkish restaurant. I know that I can eat primal there which is such a bonus. I love the smoky eggplant puree they serve but am unsure if it is primal. The eggplant is pureeed with Parmeasan cheese and smoky paprika. Any help would be appreciated on this one.

Out of that ingredient list, the Parmesan cheese is the only potentially non-Primal thing (if you don't react well to dairy). If you can handle dairy, it seems to pass.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Check what oils they are using when cooking / pureeing the eggplant. It might not be olive...!

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys I have eaten it with no ill effects (that I can see and feel). It is nice to know that I can eat out at a nice restaurant and stay true to the program. On a side note the dessert I chose was figs stuffed with walnuts on marscapone cheese with honey and pistachios which was delicious but I 'felt' the sugar affect almost immediately! So glad to be this far down the road from sugar and grains that a small amount of fruit and honey can be MORE than enough after a lovely meal.