Thread: Growing towards 40

Threaded View

Growing towards 40

Day 8 Primal

Last Monday I did something spontaneous. I emailed the worst picture of myself to Mark. The picture I pretend doesn't exist. The picture anyone can now see if they visit the Success in the Making Pages. What happened? I think I got carried away with the New Year challenge and my day off of work! Or, I felt a hope blooming with the new year and the possibility of lifetime change.

I have been visiting this site for about a year ever since my father sent me an article from MDA. I purchased the PB this summer. But not until last Monday did I make the leap to primal eating.

I have tried losing weight many times. I even was successful in 2008 when I exercised 6 days a week and did nothing else. But that weight came back....and then some.

Here's a little about me: I am a happily married mom of two boys, ages 10 and 12. My husband and I adopted two greyhounds boys, one who raced briefly and one from Ohio who is a "lurcher." I work full time as a legal assistant for a small but busy firm. I love to read and learn new things.

I have not yet learned how to blog, so go easy on me! This, like my body, is a work in progress.

Now on to the fun stuff. My primal experience thus far.

Foods - I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast, a salad with chicken, cranberries and almond shavings for lunch and dinner involves sauteed spinach, zucchini, broccoli and whatever meat I have fixed. Fruits are blueberries, cranberries, raspberries and a banana for cooking. Nuts are almonds and walnuts for recipes and almonds for snacks.

Headaches - they only lasted 3 days - yeah!!!

Energy - I woke up on the 4th day feeling like I had already had a cup of coffee. Without intention, I now drink less than a cup of coffee in the morning. It has slowly decreased with each passing day.

I am maintaining a grain free, legume free, dairy free diet to the best of my knowledge. I am therefore also learning how to cook, as I haven't ever enjoyed this. My oven is confused as before now I had never used the Broiled feature! I am making it earn its keep now! This weekend I made Berry Crumble and Berry balls from the BP Recipe book and I was so proud I took pictures!.

My appetite is decreasing and I am not sure who, but a senior member on this site has "eat when you are hungry" on his tagline and I keep thinking about that. Listening to my body is new for me, as before I was ALWAYS hungry.

Also had zero cramps during my "monthly visit" and I am wondering about the connection.

I have not exercised yet. I just need to "put my shoes on" like Mark has said, but I am afraid I will go overboard, like I have in the past and sabotage my progress.

Hi to all! You have now seen me in my bathing suit so I feel like I already know you
    Last edited by eron; 01-09-2012 at 05:39 PM.