Thread: Having a hard time being Primal page

mellkirk is offline Junior Member

Question Having a hard time being Primal

Primal Fuel
    Hi - I track my nutrition with myfitnesspal. I am TRYING to eat no more than 25 g of Carbs and 147 grams of protein and about 1000 calories. I seem to be under on my calories - WAY under on my protein and just a tiny bit over on my carbs...

I am eating bacon and eggs in the morning - usually 2 of each
    Lunch I will have a huge salad with a chicken breast
    and for dinner - a piece of fish, some fresh green beans..
    snacks - blueberries or almonds or some very dark chocolate

I had Gastric Bypass in 2009 and lost 82 pounds but in the past year since I went back to work - i have creeped on 14 pounds.

I have lost 3.8 pounds since New Years but its really bothering me that I can't meet my nutrition goals.

Can any other woman give me a sample of their diet and what they are eating each day to stay within goals?

Thanks
    Mary

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    Hmm...I think you can probably go up a bit on the carbs, unless you think that will stall weight loss. 50-100 is what Mark calls the sweet spot for weight loss. Or, if you are aiming for 25 grams and just going over, and feeling fine, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Can you eat more eggs, and increase your portion size of fish and meats? Is it hard to eat larger meals because of the surgery? Most days, I eat two meals. I eat 3-4 jumbo eggs most of the time for breakfast/lunch and 8-12 ounces of meat at night - which still sounds like more meat/eggs than you get in three meals.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Organic everything from fruits to vegetables to tubers and heirlooms, seasonal, locally, mostly from co-ops, health food stores and farmer's markets...during winter our local Fred Meyer carries a large section of organic produce.

Wild caught fish of any kind. Grassfed butter even if pasteurized (unsalted). Coconut oil, coconut cream.
    Grassfed/finished meat and organs. Bone broth made from animal bones who were grassfed/finished. Bone marrow. Elk, deer, bison, duck, geese, beef, pork, turkey, hen, chicken, lamb and goat. I make blood soups. I put raw bone marrow into my soup right when I'm ready to eat it. The only starch I eat is white rice about 1x every 2 weeks. Minerals I get from a geothermal well a few miles from here on an indian reservation (high mineral content, vulcanic soil). I take cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil, an enzyme supplement and Rose Hip (anti-oxidant supplement).

During summer months only I buy raw goat's milk from a farmer that has pastured goats.

I just had a blood test done and I have 0 deficiencies of any kind.

Edit: I don't eat nuts, cheese, white potatoes, beans (not even green beans) or chocolate of any kind. I only drink 3 types of liquids 1. mineral water 2. raw goats milk during summer 3. bone broth
    Last edited by Issabeau; 01-09-2012 at 05:20 PM.